What are the best MTT for beginners?

samael1978

samael1978

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I play recreational poker and will start playing MTT tournaments with real money, I'd like advice on which types of tournaments are best suited to compete.
I'll start with a bankroll of $ 70

M

motown105

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As a newbie myself I asked the same question, the advice I was giving was try sng or double your monies,gets you used to playing tournament style and if your lucky experience at heads up play

cally

cally

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd probably go around the $1 - $2 SNG's. 45 people, (or more) - these are pretty easy to make it to final table as a decently experienced player and you have the ability to profit in about ~2hrs which is far less of a grind than most tourneys.

Edit: For pokerstars site - not too sure about other sites.

R

RodrigoCL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not trying SNGs first? They have less variance than MTTs, your bankroll should not suffer that much and you can get used to tournament play with real money. However if you still want to try MTTs, I would recommend you not to try turbo tournaments. They are really fast-paced games with a high variance. Try tournaments of low buy-in with blind levels of 10 minutes or more. Avoid the rebuy games too, as they can really damage your bankroll if you loose track of how many rebuys you make.