sit&go's

P

poltax

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play one table sit&go's
because they are running less then 45 min.
on pokerstars there are sit&go's called 50/50
can enyone give me a hint how to play them without loosing to much money

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The point is to be among the last half, it doesn't matter if you have less then one big blind or are stackleader when half the players are out of tournament last half standing gets the same.

How to be in the final half is a though question.

Play good poker and dont waste anything on hopeless hands.

If you can hide and just wait for the others to do stupid things depends on the others.

If there is a bully at the table dont try and fight him unless you have a monsterhand.

Dont get shortstacked, easy to say, as long as you have a medium stack you might take it easy, until the blinds are to big for that.

Try to find weak players and challenge them.

And finally you can't rush trough the game take it easy

J

jdstayingirie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
those are great games to multitable...like above..take your time. be a little agressive.and survive.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The point is to be among the last half, it doesn't matter if you have less then one big blind or are stackleader when half the players are out of tournament last half standing gets the same.

How to be in the final half is a though question.

Play good poker and dont waste anything on hopeless hands.

If you can hide and just wait for the others to do stupid things depends on the others.

If there is a bully at the table dont try and fight him unless you have a monsterhand.

Dont get shortstacked, easy to say, as long as you have a medium stack you might take it easy, until the blinds are to big for that.

Try to find weak players and challenge them.

And finally you can't rush trough the game take it easy
The pokerstars 50/50 sngs are much different and you should not be playing them like a normal Double or Nothing...50/50 sngs work like this...theres 10 players in the game...each player starts off with 1500 chips and the blinds are either 3min or 6min...the final 5 standing players get $1.40 or so PLUS $0.04 or so per 100 chips you have once the 6th place player is eliminated. So if you were in the final 5 and had 1000 chips left...you would receive $1.80 which favors more aggro play...agree above these are great to multi table...heck ive seen guys 40 tabling 50/50 sngs lol

ammytyagi

ammytyagi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IN
Chips
Yep pokerstars 50/50 are different from doubleOrNothing. Payouts depend on chip stack you are holding after 6th player is eliminated. For example you have double your chip stack in game then you will receive double your buyin. Aggression is key in this format.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aggression in small pots is key in those games :) Accumulation without risk is how i would describe it..

P

poltax

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for all your tips, will let you know how I do.

Diogo Jorge

Diogo Jorge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aggression in small pots is key in those games :) Accumulation without risk is how i would describe it..

I dont play this kind of game and i dont know how to play that very well but that idea makes sense and it seems me a nice way to win some cash ;)

kolecgoclaw

kolecgoclaw

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this 50/50 on pokerstars is difrent like pkr
on pkr 50%players take te same money
in poker stars - 1 place take most money,2 less and like this to 5place (sit n go for 10people)
this who win (1place) take nice $ - i recomend this play

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I haven't been playing 50/50 sng on Pokerstars so I didnt now the difference.

I have only been playing them at Danske Spil and they have same win for the last half standing.

But thanky very much for the info.

It sounds like a fair rule for a 50/50 game.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
s'n'g i thing are good tornament but if you wana get out money from there not best oportunity where try

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Sit & Gos are interesting. You can win some bankroll, but I like the satelittes more, because they are more exciting. I can say Double or Nothing is a reliable opportunity to make some money. I myself have won about 70$ due to Double or Nothing at 888. I try always only to play premium hands and not to be one of the worst players when only one player left to go. Just try a few and you will see that they are not very hard to win, but the problem is you can't win much money and they get boring after a few hours.