Should I hope for a flush

adamchikas

adamchikas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, my name is Adam, i am new here.

So my first question is, should I hope for a flush draw. Having a suited low cards, and seeing two my suited cards on a flop. I know there is about 40% chanse of winnig, but i have seen players who invest a lot of chips to that kind of situation, but yet there are not a lot of outs. Also having a flush with ex. 5 and 6, it's a tricky situation what if the opponent has a 5A suited.
Any advice

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's when you have a thing called reverse implied odds.

Takes quite a lot of experience to actually make them into profit hands because people starting out will fall in love and almost stack off their opponents.
When you analyse hands or ask for responses though your best to make sure you add more information to get the best response.

Cash? Tournament? How many players (ea full ring or six max) And then the action with each street and even some statistics or what type of player your opponent is.

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the conditions are right, it's fine to stick with a flush draw with low suited cards. As with anything in Poker, there are a lot of variables.

I think your first goal is to try to see the turn cheaply. If you can, and the turn card helps you, it can be worth it to stay with the hand. Another approach if it checks to you on the flop (because hopefully you're playing these cards in late position), is to make a pot-sized bet on a semi-bluff and maybe win the pot there.

But be careful - you don't want to get into a huge hand with low suited cards and only a flush draw. Big hands and big pots go together. Small hands and small pots go together. A flush draw with low suited cards is a small hand.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends.

Is the price right? Do I have other outs?

We have also to consider opponent/s. Is implied odds in our way if we continue?

G

gqr31ff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the situation in general a lot of factors blinds stack and so on so I usually play forward and flush on the flop if you are already a draw but again with the mind

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"should I hope for a flush draw. Having a suited low cards"
Ok this is my opinion. When I play with low suited cards. I play only vs big raise and hope this guy has a monster cards

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same for the poser above, I only play them in a raised pot or I raised them entering the pot. I will avoid playing it in a 3-bet pot since the draws will be expensive and you will be committed. It depends on your style. The most important thing is to know when to fold, call and bluff when you missed your draws.

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though in most of the situation the answer to these generic questions is 'It depends', in most situations chasing draws by paying too high a price is a good way to throw away chips or money

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Count the number of outs and pot odds. If the pot odds are you can call.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to continue slowly because in the most of cases when you go all in after seeing flush-draw you will lose,so you should to wait for your outs and do not to loose a pot of chips.

A

alexgl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, it is better not to put all at once, but gradually go to the flush.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i'v seen many pros in the past went all in in very important situations so it seems legitimate to me as long as you chasing flush Jack high or better...

T

Teofealter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think "hoping" for in poker is a bad thing. You should fold a hand like this that didn't make anything after flops have been drawn. You should fold it pre-flop in the first place. You'll have more better starting hands than this.

Full Flush Poker