short table with pp77

C

cracksniper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
180 players started this comp with a prize pool of £10000, down to the last two tables with 6 per table; blinds are 20k and 40k with a 5k ante, my stack is around 500k.
There is an utg raiser for 125k it gets folded to me I look at pp77, there is two other players to act after me with stacks of 800k and 400k.
I would like to know what other members would do in this situ' I have already made the money and covered my buy in. Thanks all you really help my game with your advice. I will give you the overall outcome after I have heard your outcome.

C

criss159

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have two options here, either you go all in or you fold.
I think a fold will be the better choice here because a raise UTG shows strength, and besides that you have two more players to talk after.
Anyway that's just in theory, it depends a lot on how the players in the hand play and how you feel the game.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on various factors. For instance, is your priority is to move up the pay table vs maximizing your chance of getting to the last 3 or 4? Also, what are the rest of the stacks at both tables? How much does UTG have? How has he been playing? And how about the players behind you?

C

cracksniper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The under the gun raiser had around 1m in chips, this is what happened in the end;
I went all in, my thinking is that with only 6 at the table it is probably likely that my pair is good and with only around 10 bb I don't mind a race if he wants. However, the guy to my left took ages and called the AI the UTG folded. I knew then I was behind the guy to my left showed pp10s. It held up and I went out.
Looking back I thought that his all in with his tens was a poor play as he had two players showed aggression before him and he had a reasonable stack. The utg had AK, as the board went I would have won against AK as well. He said he would have called me but not two all ins.
Its a difficult on having a mid pair when the table is short handed!

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think going all in here is not a bad decision at all. By i would say to myself that if i fold and put my money in better spots then i might i have a good chance to reach final table and not run the risk of getting knocked out now. However the other thinking is going all in now and that might be a good or bad decision but it's very close. Any decision except flat calling is fine by me here. So i might choose any one of the two, it will be confusing but i would say both decisions are not bad and that if i get knocked out then it's ok but there is also a good chance of me winning.

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He had a stack of 25BB, so you should respect his UTG open and expect a coinflip at best because he will be holding a premium pocket pair often, so I would lean towards folding the hand.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold in this situation,unless of course you are in the BB which I dont think you are.
You are at A point in chips with the blinds to have to make A move soon and hope for A double up,but I just dont think this is the time with two behind.
I would have to say fold.

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi!
i think its an easy decision here
you aim at the 1st place,you have only 14 BB,the raiser had no folding equity.
you had to shove.its a coinflip

C

cracksniper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the replies lads, in the end I tend to think I had to make a move at some point, I mean the antes alone were 5k. I actually did think he had enough to fold but if he called I'd be in a flip which I don't mind. It was unfortunate I ran into pp10s although like I said I thought it was a poor call on his behalf.