Rule #2 Mix It Up

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first rule was not to rebuy more than I can't even break even. Rule #2 is to mix it up. What I mean but that is that there is more to life than playing poker. Just got back to my wood working to day, well at least I got my tables built. And I'm really happy about that, because I have and will continue to make money doing that. Ok then I got my forums and that is a big part of my life right now. Ok then there is my reading, which I love to do. I have about 600 books. Then there is my poker. I've got to the point that I play a $250 GTD deep stack at 10 PM. And that is great with me. I no longer have the time to play poker all day, and that is good for me. Ok fixing to play a game lol

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good advice Papa. I think I will take a trip to an island and drink Pina Collodas.
My third favorite hobby after working out and poker. Yin and the Yang Baaaaaaby. :)

Mordecoke

Mordecoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a good example of mixing it up every now and then
I have often been consumed by the addiction of playing poker.
It actually has limited me from doing other things in life.
I like reading constant reminders that their is more to life than just poker.
It is always good to take a break every now and then.
I think i'm going to use your example and take a break for a couple days or so :)
that is a lot of time away from poker for me.! :D

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I been doing this for awhile and it does help. I just seem more focused after I get done doing like wood work and get a shower and then play some poker. Or spend an hour or two doing SMC stuff. But the hardest thing for me to do is read, because I'm thinking about poker lol

Poker Rules - Poker Games