Raising Ax same suit

M

mrbiggles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been dropping all Ax hands pre flop below A10 unless they are the same suite in which case I have raised.

I would also have to say I probably would prefer to go all in with Ax same suit than say 10 10.

Is the above reasonable to do or should I be dropping or not raising these hands?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really depends on positions for the most part and if this is cash games or tournaments and who's left to act behind. Also, 6max or FR?

For example, we can open any Ax in late positions vs really tight players. If we have really aggressive players who like to see flops, love to 3B pre flop etc then we should probably fold our worse Ax hands like A5o for example.

Also get out of the mindset of thinking Ax of the same suit is a hand you would rather get your chips in as opposed to TT. TT has Ax suited crushed.

razshahan

razshahan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a good strategy to raise with Ax s preflop in late positions. But it should be folded on any reraise. and getting ur chips in depends mainly on your stack, if u have less than 10 BB u can get it in even with Ax, Kx os, but calling all ins with Ax s is a terrible idea. u may win some hands but in the long run u will be affected

S

seventhcereal

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally try to play ace hands whenever I can. They block range and can be good bluff catchers. Your nuts to go all in with Ax over TT. TT mathematically has more equity. Even if you hit your rag you're still likely dead meat to any middle pair. You need to hit your 3 outer ace. In general ace hands are going to win you small pots and lose you big ones because no one is going to build a big pot without being able to smash that ace.

Rain92

Rain92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually Ax suited vs nt suited has only slight difference to win in showdown. They are not that good hands to play and if raised should be folded to aggression. TT is a better hand compared to Ax and should be played as such.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TT or any pair is much better to shove with than Ax suited or not :)

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pretty much open suited A from CO,BTN,SB fold everywhere else unless it's multiway.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ suited and below,i would just fold against any aggression if early phase in tourney.

O

oreska7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rasing with Ax suited is good option, especialy in multiway where you have decent chance to win the pot...

C

cplinbuffalo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ax sooted is almost always risky. ive been burned many times by it not hitting

D

dannywho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the table, playing ax suited your looking for the flush draw or two pair. I'm a little more aggressive with ax suited later on in a tourney, if I'm in lp I may try and get in cheap

S

Shadowman647

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ax suited is a good limp hand in early position and a good hand OTB to raise if folded to. It's an instafold against any reraise.

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like a good solid plan, an A with lower cards can get you into trouble. Unless its the rare chance that you have suited Ax and the board is flushed with a possible straight flush ( ex. 5d 10h 8d 4d 9d and your opponent has 7d6d) then you have a problem, otherwise you are golden.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A7s is a very position opponent dependent hand and deceptively A3s is a better hand. That said I' mucking A7s in EP and MP.