Poker school?

I

IronMount

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any thoughts on poker school. Which is best for price and time? Can i find ample info for free with a little extra searchng ?

Landopope

Landopope

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never paid for coaching so I am only going to share what I know about free resources. There is a lot of information to be learned on online through youtube, forums, and twitch. The main free "poker school" I follow on youtube is Gripsed. I love him but have read on here some people with other opinions. Best thing I can suggest is look up some of his videos and decide for yourself. Also streaming poker is becoming fairly big on Twitch. Find the right stream and you can basically sweat a very good player that plays your limits for hours a day. And lastly the forums, I suggest going into the golden archive and reading some of those threads there. Also you can read a lot of hand analysis and post your own hands. A lot to be learned from other peoples input on the forums but always take everything you read with a grain of salt.

soulkurt

soulkurt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would pay just to Coachings of someone I have admiration as a player and get the money (which does not lack) to pay.

While it does not keep looking good materials on the Internet ... which is no small thing

R

RicsiSpy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are so many sites, where you can buy "coach" videos. I think its more cheaper than paying for personal training.

R

rehcral

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerxfactor is pretty good but why pay when you have so many info, like in intellipoker or youtube poker schools

J

JohnWillow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use what rehcral said, this intellipoker and it's pretty good for me. I learn there a lot of things.

B

bambiswag

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are enough free resources (like this website!) that are just as good as getting a coach. I'm a new player myself, and I've learned a lot just by playing with play money -- it gives me the chance to learn while not being too worried about my stack size.

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know of no school of poker, but you can learn in many ways, studying practicing, reviewing hands we play, and watching play, and watching us play.
Just do not rule the school of poker , just that i have no such possibility.

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i bought 5 poker books off of a used goods site for $20 total.... included all 3 Harrington books....

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerSchool

Well, if you are on PokerStars , you have great free opportunity to learn about poker every day for free. You must subscribe in POKERSCHOOL on PokerStars ( you have button in lobby ). After you register you can enjoy every day live training with PRO , absolutely free. They have also lots of begginers freerols for member of Pokerschool . 1 of them is Open skill league every day 5 tournament , and on end of the month , if you are good in this tournaments you got real money, 1st plase is 1500 USD. Also in live traning on school , you see and chat with PRo who actualy play one tournament live in POKERSTARS and they comment all moves in game , and you can ask a question about game. Its fun . If you fuinish in first 500 on the end of the month you got ticket for Premier School Leaque , first place is 5000 USD. All that is for free. Good luck and see you at the tables.

Last edited:
Shempstir

Shempstir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got a question on Pokerstars Pokerschool is it available to US player since there is real money involved?

The Poker School sounds interesting.

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
school

Got a question on Pokerstars Pokerschool is it available to US player since there is real money involved?

The Poker School sounds interesting.

Dont know for US players , but all games on pokerschool is freeroll , or you got a ticket for free to buy in in real money tournament. Think US players are not on a list . Send a mail to them and ask . Here is a mail :

support@pokerschoolonline.com

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, if you are on PokerStars , you have great free opportunity to learn about poker every day for free. You must subscribe in POKERSCHOOL on PokerStars ( you have button in lobby ). After you register you can enjoy every day live training with PRO , absolutely free. They have also lots of begginers freerols for member of Pokerschool . 1 of them is Open skill league every day 5 tournament , and on end of the month , if you are good in this tournaments you got real money, 1st plase is 1500 USD. Also in live traning on school , you see and chat with PRo who actualy play one tournament live in POKERSTARS and they comment all moves in game , and you can ask a question about game. Its fun . If you fuinish in first 500 on the end of the month you got ticket for Premier School Leaque , first place is 5000 USD. All that is for free. Good luck and see you at the tables.

I agree... I'm a member at PSO (PokerSchoolOnline) and attend as many of the training sessions as I can. The tuition is fantastic, free, and fun. Also, when there are promotions on, you get free satellite tickets just for attending the classes. At the moment there is a series of events for the homegame club (starting today (16th Jan) running for microstakes with a leaderboard where the top ranking win free tickets to larger events. It's a friendly community that encourages everyone along. For example... on a Sunday the tutor fires up some games which we can all register in (It was the hot $0.55 last Sunday) and he has some of our tables up and then comments and advises on our play. Last Sunday, I even outlasted the tutor in the event. You should at least try it out as it's free as long as you're a member of pokerstars

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think pokerstars school is really good even though its free its still pretty good its pretty in depth but i would still recommend personal training if you are serious about poker