poker advice

O

ownish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys I'm denis from singapore i've been playingpoker for quite someimes but recreational but back in my mind i've always wanted to usepoker to support me, i love the game and the mind game of it. i believe my live game is quite ok, i'm mostly up whenever i play but didn't really keep track of how much profit i made over the time i played.

recently i've busted my br online and i'm thinking of getting serious about it and really really want to improve my game. but the question is how can i really improve? i believe there's money to be made and i'll be deopsiting $100 into my psaccount and play headsup/spin n go to build my roll and occisonally mirco mtt.

hope those who have been through what i'm going through will help me out and advice me

back home our poker community is small and mostlyyyyyy players how play for fun and perhaps those that are serious ain't likey to share with you mostly they're scare to share their secret with you, unlike the german or othere community. so i really wish someone who can really help me out.

cheers,
denis

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi Denis. Welcome to the forum, your defo in the right place for information and learning.

Firstly, I wish poker could support my life~style as well, unfortunatley for me I am not good enough for it to support me - YET!!.

I would suggest, as you have played quite a bit before, that the best thing you can learn and concentrate on is "Bankroll Management". However, I don't want to sound like a broken record, so I won't go on. This is the way you can over time, use poker to support you, as many have done in the past. From $100.00 I think this will take you quite a while to be earning say $30K a year from poker, but don't believe that it is easy, cos it isn't.

There are plenty of threads on here, that deal with "Poker as a living" and other interesting topics that will help you. Gl with that and take your time, don't believe that you will win the Main Event at the WSOP next year, although you might. Marc :D:D:D

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Denis and welcome to CC. First of all, you love the game, so right now play to have fun, and when you do that, I think you will do a lot better. Second, you went bust once, so realize the fact that you can do the same thing again. Third, we all want to make a living playing poker, but like what was said above, you will not make a lot of money with the BR you have, but you can use poker as extra income. I started at $50 and made two withdrawals so far. But I'm still sitting at $10 nl One day I may win $20 and the next lose $10, so I'm not going any where fast, but I don't really care.

O

ownish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
haha i would love to at least take part in that. yea i know it'll be hard to make a living but at least as a side income to support it'll be a lot nice.

i think the hard part for me is, finding a way to improve. like how to bring my game to the next level or how to cash deep in mtt. i feel quite stuck right now :(

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ownish you are at the right place to improve your game. Just put it all in questions on here. These players are ready to help you with them all. I don't know right when I got active here, but it's less than a year, and I can't even tell you here how much I have learned here. Man I was tilting bad all the time. That was my worst problem, so the best place to start is by looking at your biggest problem and go from there. GL

dirtyoldog

dirtyoldog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
join the league here you will play with good players here for free once a week and will teach you how to get deep in a tourney at no cost and we have all types of players here I think you may need a few more posts though aim for the fall league