Need some sng's advice

B

BaZzZoO

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

I was realy struggling to choose what I should pick to master. Sng's or cash game's. Most people say sng's are the best for beginners. So i'll try out the sng's
The problem is I dont know which sng's are the easiest for building my bankroll.
Can you guys give me some tips on that, like which mode's and how much people and how much buy-in? My bankroll is $70 atm.
Thanks

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're a beginner, I would advise you to start off in the $1.10 non turbo STT, just to get your feet wet...you're not going to see a significant profit in these at first, but after you've adjusted and gotten a feel for the game, you can start adding in more tables and throwing in some turbos, hypers etc. If you're an average player, you should see profit over a decent amount of games.

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, sit and go's are best for beginners. Also, I would start with the lowest buy-ins available so that it doesn't end up costing you too much to learn.

I'd also recommend reading a ton of the info on the forum to help you improve. Good luck

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best type of sit n go's that you should go for now is 50 cent and 1 dollar sng. There are obviously a lot of varieties here. So you can choose what u think might suit you best. Sng's vary from the number of entries to the speed of increase in blind levels. ( slow - 10 to 15 mins, turbo's - 5 mins, hyper - 2 mins blind levels)

Under 50 cents there are 45 man, 90 man, 180 man and 360 man sit n go's, while there are 45 man, 90 man and 180 man sit n go's for 1 dollar buyin. Good luck.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play what you enjoy. If it tuns out to be SNGs, there are levels of competition you can advance to that are far above beginner.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To slowly win or slowly lose, try the fifty fifty smallest buyin of course.

Its a 10 man with 5 places paid.

Different strategy from the usual 9 man sng, 3 places paid.

One strategy is simply to survive and be on the money.

After you have a feel of sng, you can join the usual sng if it fits you.

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play what you enjoy.

I agree with this. I have been struggling choosing between MTTs SNGs and CGs, tried them all out for a good time. My conclusion is that there is money to be made everywhere, but different playing strategies is required. Choose the game that fits your preferred style the most and try to master that one.