Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'd like to put out a few videos to post on CC (MTT vids. mostly, including largefield tourneys, satellites, rebuys, some smaller field 1500chip priv. donkaments, & some SNG's (STT & 45's),.. maybe even a CC freeroll.

I'm on the computer illiterate side so would need advise I could understand (simplest terms.. step by step). I'm using newer computers so no problem there (problem is the user... not the puter).

As far as the vids. go, I'd like to make a bunch of live vids., but also a bunch from HH's saved & using Popopop Replayer (< so.. how to add narration.. but also how to put it all together).

If someone could help me out it'd be greatly appreciated. tks :)

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have a look for a program called Camtasia

either version 6.0.3 or 7.01

Its not free so you need to either buy it or obtain it.

It will do everything you need.

There is a free version called Camstudio. Personally, I dont like it but that's the alternative.

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'd like to put out a few videos to post on CC (MTT vids. mostly, including largefield tourneys, satellites, rebuys, some smaller field 1500chip priv. donkaments, & some SNG's (STT & 45's),.. maybe even a CC freeroll.

I'm on the computer illiterate side so would need advise I could understand (simplest terms.. step by step). I'm using newer computers so no problem there (problem is the user... not the puter).

As far as the vids. go, I'd like to make a bunch of live vids., but also a bunch from HH's saved & using Popopop Replayer (< so.. how to add narration.. but also how to put it all together).

If someone could help me out it'd be greatly appreciated. tks :)
Great idea ... wish I could assist you, but unfortunately my computer skills lag even yours mate. Wally

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Have a look for a program called Camtasia

either version 6.0.3 or 7.01

Its not free so you need to either buy it or obtain it.

It will do everything you need.

There is a free version called Camstudio. Personally, I dont like it but that's the alternative.

Will Camstudio suffice for now though? (or should I just go with one of the above versions?)
tks

W

WillySmackYoAss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty decent with computers, for narration, you're going to need to have a microphone to record over it.

I don't know much about CamStudio but from what I've read, it appears they have an editing tool for you to use. Also I read something about it allowing you to put captions on the video in case you didn't want to speak.

If you want good clear sound, I would get a decent microphone, probably around $40 - $50.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm pretty decent with computers, for narration, you're going to need to have a microphone to record over it.

I don't know much about CamStudio but from what I've read, it appears they have an editing tool for you to use. Also I read something about it allowing you to put captions on the video in case you didn't want to speak.

If you want good clear sound, I would get a decent microphone, probably around $40 - $50.

have microphones... using brandnew Dell laptop 2010, also have a decent microphone/headset (< not a cheapie model).. so not concerned about that. Not interested in captions.. but tks. Definitely needing to narrate.. I talk ALOT.. & would have MUCH to say during vids.

M

Mr Whatever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Making vids

I use HyperCam to record my games. its a free download. it allows u to record a window. the quality is good. ur gonna have to break it into pieces if u record a whole tourn because it eats up hard drive space really fast because of the quality. i stop it at the breaks and start another file after the break. its in easy to use avi format though.

W

WillySmackYoAss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, be aware that whatever you are going to post these videos to, that the quality is good. I remember taking some screen videos of games I played, but when I posted to youtube, the quality was horrible couldn't even read my hands.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, be aware that whatever you are going to post these videos to, that the quality is good. I remember taking some screen videos of games I played, but when I posted to youtube, the quality was horrible couldn't even read my hands.

youtube adds additional compression.

You are better off creating an account here and just uploading the file (you will need to compress it yourself but with a bit of testing you should get a decent balance between size and quality).

http://www.mediafire.com/

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will Camstudio suffice for now though? (or should I just go with one of the above versions?)
tks

Its like comparing a Ferrari to a Lada.

Both will get you from A to B although one will tend to break down quite a bit on the way!

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe camtasia has a 30 day trial period.

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cam studio is the best bet due to it free and that it is user friendly. I use it all the time for my poker videos

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PM me PO and I'll help you anyway you need help. I'll also get you the software you'll need.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read your skype, I sent you a message there.

Problem solved...

Unless TPC beat me to it :)

B

BRIANSBRAINS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PM me PO and I'll help you anyway you need help. I'll also get you the software you'll need.

Read your skype, I sent you a message there.

Problem solved...

Unless TPC beat me to it :)

Seen this, an was hoping ya's would be willing to share the software / tips with me as well.

I've been using hyper cap with note pad, would love to up grade. (with out paying or paying too much)

Thanks for your time either way. Brains. :thrasher:

ps, too noob here for pm.. lol :)

Last edited:
forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys, i was looking for a guide to camtasia. and thanks god i found this because now i can just bump the post.

i made a videos, 35 mins session of mine, filmed with camtasia, anyways, i saved it and it is 1.29G, pretty big, plus the format is .camrec

i think i saved it to be 640/400. can i make it smaller? and if i do how do it do it, also how do i make it avi or something, also where do i upload it?

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys, i was looking for a guide to camtasia. and thanks god i found this because now i can just bump the post.

i made a videos, 35 mins session of mine, filmed with camtasia, anyways, i saved it and it is 1.29G, pretty big, plus the format is .camrec

i think i saved it to be 640/400. can i make it smaller? and if i do how do it do it, also how do i make it avi or something, also where do i upload it?

.camrec is just what the screen capture software captures it in. You need to go into the edit video software, drag the video down into the time line. Edit it if you like and if you are happy with the video, you hit the produce video as button. A lot of options and formats will pop up, I would just use the youtube option. Then you'll go through a couple of more screens with options, just keep hitting next to use the default settings, it will then ask you what you want to name the file. Name it and hit next or save or something like that. Then it will take awhile for it to compress the video. Probably twenty minutes or longer. depending on the size. It will compress the video into a .mp4.

Then log onto vimeo.com, create an account (it's free) and upload your video there. The only reason I suggest vimeo is you can show long videos, videos that are hours and hours long if you wish. On youtube, videos can only be ten minutes long.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think im out of touch with vids these days although I'm sure I could help if you needed it, I have most programmes available if you needed some editing/compressing and so on doing. Back in the day (8-10 years ago) I used to record videos for First Person Shooter games (unreal tournament,Quake) primarly and edit and so on using Adobe Premier and putting them into some sort of movie format for the gaming scene. I'm sure I could get up to date with the new editions but hey,maybe we could help each out here...I need advice on my SnG's/Mtt's. You play the games and record them, I'll do the rest and publish them!

Nice idea by the way.

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.camrec is just what the screen capture software captures it in. You need to go into the edit video software, drag the video down into the time line. Edit it if you like and if you are happy with the video, you hit the produce video as button. A lot of options and formats will pop up, I would just use the youtube option. Then you'll go through a couple of more screens with options, just keep hitting next to use the default settings, it will then ask you what you want to name the file. Name it and hit next or save or something like that. Then it will take awhile for it to compress the video. Probably twenty minutes or longer. depending on the size. It will compress the video into a .mp4.

Then log onto vimeo.com, create an account (it's free) and upload your video there. The only reason I suggest vimeo is you can show long videos, videos that are hours and hours long if you wish. On youtube, videos can only be ten minutes long.

I am sorry, I am just too dumb, couldn't do anything. just hit me on skype when you have the time.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think im out of touch with vids these days although I'm sure I could help if you needed it, I have most programmes available if you needed some editing/compressing and so on doing. Back in the day (8-10 years ago) I used to record videos for First Person Shooter games (unreal tournament,Quake) primarly and edit and so on using Adobe Premier and putting them into some sort of movie format for the gaming scene. I'm sure I could get up to date with the new editions but hey,maybe we could help each out here...I need advice on my SnG's/Mtt's. You play the games and record them, I'll do the rest and publish them!

Nice idea by the way.

Actually..... if you want, how bout come & hangout while I'm playing a few MTT-SNG's, &/or MTT's, make a vid. while I'm describing what's goin' on for me & then teach me how to do it myself (we could go on Skype & I could share screen with you on there... question though > how does 'share screen' work when I'm running an additional monitor as well?.. will it just share both as if it's all one?). I've read a bunch of your posts & I think I might be able to help you out a bit. Send me a pm if you're interested.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually..... if you want, how bout come & hangout while I'm playing a few MTT-SNG's, &/or MTT's, make a vid. while I'm describing what's goin' on for me & then teach me how to do it myself (we could go on Skype & I could share screen with you on there... question though > how does 'share screen' work when I'm running an additional monitor as well?.. will it just share both as if it's all one?). I've read a bunch of your posts & I think I might be able to help you out a bit. Send me a pm if you're interested.

Hello, in terms of the screen sharing, I'm sure it will just be your primary monitor which is shared as this would be classed as just the standard desktop sharing. The other monitor is just used for your extra space and convenience of having the extra room to have more visually on display so to speak but still the "same" dekstop etc. It will all just be compressed into one as if you're using just the one monitor, I'd imagine. If not, it shoulden't be a problem as I use 2 monitors myself so I think it will work fine.

The idea sounds great, thanks. I'll pm you and we'll try work something out. I'm not sure how laggy it will be with me recording whilst you sharing and so on but we can try it. I'll message you now anyhows, cheers

Pyrodc

Pyrodc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a software training company and we use Adobe Captivate instead of Camtasia. More expensive, I think, but in my experience, much easier to use and also has a 30 day trial... and various ways around the serial...

It uses Flash swf output and resolution etc. is easy to change.

Oh my how things have changed since Fraps days...

P.S. If you'd like, I can make you a quick training vid on how to use it... ;)