Need a bit help

H

Hayden555

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I have only started playing poker the past 4 weeks. I have been studying as much as I can in that short period and only I have been practising in freeroll tournaments and low SnG's. For a new starter I have done quite well winning some SnG tournaments, and getting close to winning freerolls on a regular basis. I understand things like seating positions what to play what not etc, but I still really don't understand the maths as such. I do the 4 to 2 rule on the turn and river which seems to help a bit and I can work out pot odds to a certain extent (i think) but I dont know actually what to do when playing, if that makes sense! I have watched countless youtube videos on the 'maths' topic', a bit help would be great if someone will be willing to! Thanks guys!!

Last edited:
EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi guys, I have only started playing poker the past 4 weeks. I have been studying as much as I can in that short period and only I have been practising in freeroll tournaments and low SnG's. For a new starter I have done quite well winning some SnG tournaments, and getting close to winning freerolls on a regular basis. I understand things like seating positions what to play what not etc, but I still really don't understand the maths as such. I do the 4 to 2 rule on the turn and river which seems to help a bit and I can work out pot odds to a certain extent (i think) but I dont know actually what to do when playing, if that makes sense! I have watched countless youtube videos on the 'maths' topic', a bit help would be great if someone will be willing to! Thanks guys!!

I would suggest memorising the ratio odds charts, I found working out odds a lot easier using those charts.