kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My 4K Post bankroll Management
Titled: Bankroll Management is your best friend.

If you ask my mother, she can tell you how long I can hold on to money, I had $300.00 and I did not spend it till I knew what I wanted, what I was after was a gas powered RC truck (your asking what does that have to do with BRM) it has a lot to do with Bankroll Management.

I knew about BRM when I started, I have built BRs from it.
Now when you don't have the right amount for BRM you have some options.
1. You can try playing Ring tables short stacking, or try out an SNG.
2. You can deposit and start right BRM from the start.
3. Get ITM in some more freerolls.

I did option 1, 3, with option 3 it took longer to build up.
Now I did option 1, when I started on PS. I had only $4.00 bucks to start with, so I played some .25 SNGs, with 360 players, I had placed ITM and went on to play $1.10 SNG STT's, with under $10.00, went in to play stars

Now I got about 25 buy-ins for $1.10 SNG's.
We all know the 2% rule for MTT, SNG's and the 5% rule for ring tables, but the way I’m starting to look at this (25 buy-ins for SNG, that are STT is looking a-lot better than the 2% rule, if you drop below 25 buy-ins for that level you drop down one level or drop down sooner)

You can use the 5% rule, by Short Stacking, playing on ring tables, by playing Short Stack strategy, or the 3 S's. But be where there are some on here who don't like Short-stacker's. If you have to play, or want to play well buying in short, you must play "Short Stack strategy". The one point I would like to make clear, that is if you use option 3 you can pick up bad habits, which can kill your BR.

Now comes the point of the top line...
Lets say you got the BR for a 1.10, or 2.20 SNG, but you don't have a BR for a CC game, well I got a plan for that, (You play games that are within your BR and use the winnings for the CC buy-in, or game that outside of your BR ).

I know that may put off some on BRM but if you look at it like saving money for something you want, it makes sense to me, the plus side of it, if you place ITM your BR grows. I've used it to play CC buy-in games on stars;

I even placed in one of them... I would only do this for private games, not the donk fest games you find elsewhere.

So as you can see you can take a small BR and build it up, by playing the games your good at, but at any point you try a new game you want to stay within your BR, don't go outside of it.
Also as I’m thinking about it, play the game's your best at.

A Special Thanks to Sharky..

Take it easy on me.
What are your thoughts???

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to point out that shortstacking doesn't mean you can use the same number of short buyins as you would full buyins to follow standard brm...and why do use an example of you moving to dollarments when it was 10+% of your bankroll? BRM doesn't apply when there are no lower buyins, but lower buyins were available to you at that point. Were you just taking an early shot to start moving up or was it because the lowest stakes don't need as much cushion?

Last edited:
kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the part where you talk about using your winnings form one game to fund a game you really wanted to play in. This is something I do a lot and with mixed results. i am still learning all aspects of this game.

Thanks for taking the time out to write this post and congrats on the 4k posts.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you mind elaborating on what exactly is "Short Stack Strategy" (3 S's)?

Thanks and congrats on 4k.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice 4k post Kid.
Please don't elaborate on the short stacking strategy as I predict doom and disaster.

rileyl

rileyl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please do elaborate on SS strategy as I think it would be very enlightening

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice post Kid

Good luck on your next 4k post :)

Snow :cool:

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice post kid and congrats on the 4K.

i think we need another thread to discuss so SS'ing so please elaborate lol

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congradulations on your current bankroll and thank you for your insite on how you got there.

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on your 4K post...I hope I can learn something from your post!:D

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4k posts is a big success, congrats.

S/S as a strategy to increase a bankroll is pretty flawed I think. You do realise that most s/s'ers are break even players at best, and the variance is pretty horrendous to say the least.

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gratz on for 4k post... And no problem... Remember if you want me to PDF it let me know ;)

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats kid. I think some things could probably be expanded on, but good starter

janovsky

janovsky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on your 4K. post Kid. Very nice.
About this BRM. , I think most members are aware of these rules, but I think the main problem is that players don`t strictly follow them and blow their roll.
It takes very good discipline to follow them up.

4k posts is a big success, congrats.

S/S as a strategy to increase a bankroll is pretty flawed I think. You do realise that most s/s'ers are break even players at best, and the variance is pretty horrendous to say the least.

About this S/S-strategy, I know that JoeShowdown made a Thread playing like this and made some good profit.
Personally I don`t like shortstackers (no offense Joe).
I wouldn`t recommend this kind of play, caus it will not improve your game but maybe ruin it instead.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SSS strategy- 1)buy in for 20bb's 2)wait for a top 10 or top 15 hand 3) bet alot preflop, so you either go alin on flop or ditch 4) BURN IN HELLLLLLLLL for shortstacking cuz it's no fun to do or play against.......
Grats on the 4k post. I used to shortstack sometimes, but I find it to be no fun, just a boring grind, and alot of times barely breaking even. Sometimes I did well with it though, but i think it can evelop bad habits. BRM is a must tho, and somehting that I still struggle with..

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to point out that shortstacking doesn't mean you can use the same number of short buyins as you would full buyins to follow standard brm...and why do use an example of you moving to dollarments when it was 10+% of your bankroll? BRM doesn't apply when there are no lower buyins, but lower buyins were available to you at that point. Were you just taking an early shot to start moving up or was it because the lowest stakes don't need as much cushion?

Shortstacking, can be added to BRM, to a point.

Would you mind elaborating on what exactly is "Short Stack Strategy" (3 S's)?

Thanks and congrats on 4k.

Very nice 4k post Kid.
Please don't elaborate on the short stacking strategy as I predict doom and disaster.
Hummm, That maybe my next one..

Congrats kid. I think some things could probably be expanded on, but good starter
Fire me a PM, for what i need to "expand" on, this is my first one and i could use some hints..

Congrats on your 4K. post Kid. Very nice.
About this BRM. , I think most members are aware of these rules, but I think the main problem is that players don`t strictly follow them and blow their roll.
It takes very good discipline to follow them up.

About this S/S-strategy, I know that JoeShowdown made a Thread playing like this and made some good profit.
Personally I don`t like shortstackers (no offense Joe).
I wouldn`t recommend this kind of play, caus it will not improve your game but maybe ruin it instead.
Yes it does...

Thanks everyone, i hope you all liked it, the next one maybe on S/S strategy;)..

P.S SSS, does help if you play to many hands..:)

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SSS strategy- 1)buy in for 20bb's 2)wait for a top 10 or top 15 hand 3) bet alot preflop, so you either go alin on flop or ditch 4) BURN IN HELLLLLLLLL for shortstacking cuz it's no fun to do or play against.......
Grats on the 4k post. I used to shortstack sometimes, but I find it to be no fun, just a boring grind, and alot of times barely breaking even. Sometimes I did well with it though, but i think it can evelop bad habits. BRM is a must tho, and somehting that I still struggle with..
Oh just you wait....... :p:D

PM sent kid
Cool got it, thanks...
I wished i was on sooner but i had to take care of a 3-in-1.
hint milling.....:smile:

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on 4K kid - ummm interesting way to look at BRM but either I don't get what you're pointing at really or it doesn't work that way (at least for me).

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on 4K kid - ummm interesting way to look at BRM but either I don't get what you're pointing at really or it doesn't work that way (at least for pretty much everyone else).

FYP

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4k face palm
Ok, i'm dumb founded by this....:eek:

Congrats on 4K kid - ummm interesting way to look at BRM but either I don't get what you're pointing at really or it doesn't work that way (at least for me).
It may only work for some, who take care of their BR.
I will be adding to it soon..

D'wilius, i have not forgot about your post, i will get back to you on that, i've just been real busy the last 4 days.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management