Z

zedsdead

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I took up poker at age 50.
I play once a week (10k chips for £10, unltd. buy-ins for 1st hr)
at my local pub and do quite well on a table of 5-10.
I have only once been below third place in the last 4 months.

I also play online at Replay and played around 12 - 15 MTT over Xmas, mostly freerolls with 100 - 400 players.
I won 1 tourney, got to last two tables c. 5 times and was in top ten 3 times.

Attached are my replay stats. I feel I am pretty patient, but might VPIP too often. Any advice anyone?

Also, at very late stages (last two tables) I see 1-2 people shoving and I tend to switch to being highly aggressive.

From being massive chip leader, or ahead of most others, I sometimes lose my entire stack in 1-2 rounds, undoing all the good tight work over the last hour.

I think I must remember to play position, stay as tight as before, and risk a fold even with lots in the pot, if I encounter resistance to 1-3 large bets, just to stay in the game, instead of losing all my chips doing a final all in on the river. Any advice on this?

:)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-01-06 at 11.00.40.jpg
    Screenshot 2015-01-06 at 11.00.40.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 14
BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there zeds, welcome and congrats on picking up the game of poker......a great past time for someone of any age.

The numbers on the image are a little blurry, and it's hard to make any analysis on 2k hands especially when it comes to mtt or any other form of non-cash play because how a hand is played in regards to folding it or not in simple turns will vary depending on the stage of the game and blinds etc.

Agression is good in the game to keep your stack a float and build it up by stealing blinds in the correct situations, but it's well time agression that will prove to be successful and sometimes with a stack in late stages it's easy to make the mistake of not recognizing when the agression just isn't going to work....especially when the agression is being used on a bluff....many fish aren't going to be laying their hand down so you need to agressively value bet them as opposed to just hoping the agression will take down the pot.

If there are any hands in particiular you are wondering about during your play feel free to post them in the ha section, in the meantime have a look around the forum and hope to see you involved in some of the cc's many events.

Good Luck on the continued play on the feltz.

Top 10 Games