I need advice from experienced players

I

izmer96

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys , i'm new to the forum , i am playing poker part time for almost a year now , i consider myself an ok poker player , my question here is , i'd like make something like 500 - 600 $ a month , and i can play 2-3 hours a day max , i really like SNG , what are your advices ? what should i play and at which level? thanks in advance.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends if you multitable and how many tables, what speed of SNG you play and how any players, and what you ROI is so far.

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't get ahead of yourself

Part time play and all the advice in the world is not going to allow you to flip a switch and make the money you want to make and if you jump into it and try you will get one thing you need a whole lot more of, experience, and you will have a whole less of one thing you want more of. money.. Don't rush it, start off playing low limit SNG's and when can consistently profit over time then move up. It cost me a lot of money to learn this game because I thought I was a lot better than I realy was.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play whatever interests you whether it's sit n go's or ring games. Whatever you are more confident at. And the level or buyin will depend on what the size of your bankroll is. You should try a proper grind with whatever limited time allows you to without any sort of expectations (what i mean is don't put out a figure in mind like making 500 $ or 1000 $ a month). Only suggesting it to achieve best results so that you don't play result oriented game, just put in a proper grind and see how it goes over a period of time.:)

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't get ahead of yourself. Play what you enjoy at an appropriate level, and learn / improve / move up at a rate that's comfortable for you and that doesn't have to be steady or fast. If you happen to become good enough to average $500-$600 in 60-90 hours a month, cool. If not, so what? It's only about $6-$7 per hour. Not exactly life-changing money.

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends if you multitable and how many tables, what speed of SNG you play and how any players, and what you ROI is so far.

I agree.. 2-3 hours a day 'really' depends on how many tables you are playing. If you are playing only 1 for ex: it typically takes around a half hour to end depending on the the blinds and whether it is a six or 9 man SNG.

I would suggest being aware of your ROI like mentioned above and work for a goal based on realistic circumstances. I'm not saying that you can't do it 2-3 hours a day but there will be ups and downs but how you capitalize on your winning hands and your losing hands will offer you your best ROI and profits.