How do you play heads-up?
What strategy? You are the caller or the raiser?:flybye:

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course the raiser/aggressor mostly wins heads-up.

Heads-up, not fighting the cards but rather fighting the person.

Diogo Jorge

Diogo Jorge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are HU, you cant be tight but a little loose (mostly agressive and raiser). You cant wait for good cards, you need to fight the villian and not his cards like hffjd2000 told us...

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would depend more so on whom you're playing vs than just being overly aggressive.

Personally I'm a very aggressive player yet the downside to it is that it leads to

A)Being 3bet preflop A.I
B)Calling alot of the 3bet shoves with weaker holdings because you're priced into the call
C) Getting fed up and making all the wrong calls because you're losing HU when in fact you had a 4:1 CL on the villain.

So because of all these reasons it's good to have a mixture of aggressive/calling mix in your range. Raise in Position but be willing to fold when the opponent starts playing back at you (unless he/she is playing back at you way to often than just 4bet GII pre with almost ATC because they more than likely also know what you're attempting to do vs them).

Also call alot of the time OOP in HU with hands that are playable HU yet you don't wish have to 3bet/fold them so hands like 87s/98s/97s/10-9s and so forth.

W

WizardRubic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What stakes of HU are you playing? Is it a HUSnG match or a HU cash game?

I tend to open both with a min raise from the button every hand until my opponent adjusts. If he or she calls every time, I start tightening up and increasing my raise size.

If in a cash game, depending on the stakes you're at, there's a good chance people will play crazy loose preflop to the point where you can exploit them by tightening up significantly.

When people say "be aggressive," I think it's better to take it as controlled aggression rather than ship it in every single hand.

D

DonkeyH3AD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing much depends of oponent style if opo. is very agressive so we have to be tight and call all in even weak A, if he is tight small raise his b.blids
but fold some times because opo. will not respect Your raises :)

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggression on HU is more like a winning strategy. You just need to know that aggression doesnt work when you overdose it. Put aggression when you have the potential winning hand and you can afford it.

T

teplovoz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you must undestand your opponent and bluf not more 5%

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agressivety pays on head up, and you have to know when to fold your hands, do not bluff either it can cost to you too much against a loose player

C

ChipsOwnerRO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play HU you must be aggressive and play how many hands you can. You have to be the raiser, not the caller because is recommended for you to control you opponent and to make him fold. If you are more aggressive than your opponent you'll be the winner, but if you wait for him to make the first step, you'll lost surely.

D

dannywho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to turn maniac heads if it's a sng and I've been playing a few hours. Ive only played a few Hu sngs and lost them both to nasty suck outs

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play HU you must be aggressive and play how many hands you can. You have to be the raiser, not the caller because is recommended for you to control you opponent and to make him fold. If you are more aggressive than your opponent you'll be the winner, but if you wait for him to make the first step, you'll lost surely.
Absolutely you have to be the aggressor, double up when your on the button and make him fold!:willy:

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must be agressive to win, you must beat de oponent not his cards. XD without loosing your mind

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While everyone else in here goes LAGtard, I passively collect all their chips

No, actually I go full LAGtard as well. I raise 100% of my buttons till forced to adjust. I like to try getting to showdown a few times early on to get a feel for how villain plays various hands then try to exploit whatever tendencies I've decided he's exhibiting.

Z_T

Z_T

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Consider you and your opponents chip stack first, your reads on their play style if you have any, and finally the blinds in relation to the chipstack. You'll probably be playing more aggressively by default if blinds are high and you can afford to lay down hands and wait for a premium hand. If the blinds are low and stacks are deep you can attempt to slowly siphon your opponents chips through certain victory if that's your style.

akran75

akran75

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My game is based on aggresiv..but if I run into more aggressive players, as turtle retracts into its shell and White,, play defense .. :))
..i think,I not have enough hearts :(

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing heads up you must play at least 2 out of 3 hands.

Do not look scared opponant will sense that and eat you.

Try to figure out your opponants calling range and act from that.

HU is a big deal of luck but that doesnt mean going all in all the time.

T

thefwa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm relatively a new player, however heads up is where I have seemed to excel in. I went into 4 $5 HU tourneys and won 3 and hit the bubble in one. Funny thing is, my first one i didn't even read that it was HU.

However, I won by consistently trapping, slow playing mostly, I would rarely raise, and when I did the other person would generally believe my raise regardless of what he had. I folded on flop/preflop I i knew i was beat.
You wont be winning much on an Ace that doesn't hit.

Call his/her raises if you have it, fold if you don't. Raise if he's been thinking he has the best hand when you're sure you got the nuts.

I wish I did as good at playing normally as I do in heads up, but you take what you can get, especially since I am as new as I am.

I've never won a HU match without the other person getting at least a 2pr when I know I have the nuts.

Hope this didn't sound too braggy, and hope this helps!

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should stay aggressive all the time when HU and see the flop more often because you dont want the opponent to exploit your weakness.