How to beat table aggression

R

RCValenciano

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I play in lots of MTTs and whenever I get moved around I try and see how the aggression is on the table. The other day I swear I got moved into a table where it was basically a shove fest. Everyone was going in w/ Ax, Kx (x=lower than 8), small rockets (66 and lower). There were times I'd have suited connectors I want to play, only to fold to someone who decides to shove that has a higher chip stack than me. For about 10 minutes I had crappy hole cards finally to get KK in the UTG. I decided to raise 4x the BB only to win the blinds. After that I got crap cards again and every so often there be an agressive raiser or a person who would shove w/ the hands I mentioned above.

My question to the community is how could I have played my pocket Kings differently so that I could have gotten some chips from the aggressors. I do know I probably shouldn't have opened w/ a raise but I figured I'd get many callers. All replies are appreciated!

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just from

Harrington on holdem...

alternative way to play monster is

" limp from UTG and ready to reraise or shove prflop after being raised"

hope that helps, GL

K

Klooo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do nothing..let him to bet and try to steal a pot.
And then trap him!

D

DrSparky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just from

Harrington on holdem...

alternative way to play monster is

" limp from UTG and ready to reraise or shove prflop after being raised"

hope that helps, GL

I like this... I might have to build it into my game...

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i myself like to trap aggressors. i like dr say limp and shove. it has risk but the reward are so sweet.

hobonc

hobonc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@trekmaster

Shhhhhhh! Don't tell them, lol.
Where in SC are you from? I am just over the state line above Bennettsville, SC.