Hi

A

athena69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been browsing Cardschat forums for several weeks and have now just registered. I've learnt the rules of poker, and I suppose, very basic poker theory by reading (on-line mainly, but I have bought a book). After spending weeks reading about poker I decided it was time to play it. I played for the first time last week and it was on Zynga poker ( yes, Zynga poker is not like real money poker and It will possibly make me into a bad player...) I just don't feel ready to play for money, even the micro stakes.
I was wondering if there were sites where I could play and learn to become a decent player without playing for money, or perhaps a training site like pokerstars 'pokerschoolonline' would benefit me?
Any input would be great.

A

Arran

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cant u use play money on pokerstars to practice

Jollocks

Jollocks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Register into freerolls or sign up for 888poker, they give you $20 worth of freeroll tickets for signing up.

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been browsing Cardschat forums for several weeks and have now just registered. I've learnt the rules of poker, and I suppose, very basic poker theory by reading (on-line mainly, but I have bought a book). After spending weeks reading about poker I decided it was time to play it. I played for the first time last week and it was on Zynga poker ( yes, Zynga poker is not like real money poker and It will possibly make me into a bad player...) I just don't feel ready to play for money, even the micro stakes.
I was wondering if there were sites where I could play and learn to become a decent player without playing for money, or perhaps a training site like pokerstars 'pokerschoolonline' would benefit me?
Any input would be great.
Welcome to CC athena, I still consider myself as a new player, I am still learning, and have been learning for a very long time lol To me I think it's better to put your time into something that you will get rewarded for. I try to get in some FR's when I can. Others may disagree, but it's just my thoughts. To me that's the best way to learn. :) Good Luck to you :)

sj_pi

sj_pi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The method of learning to 'play and learn' is a good choice.
hands on practice gives you more insight.

On the same hand, as a simulator it is a good idea to look through and participate in the 'Hand Analysis' section in this forum.

In a game where you profit from others' mistakes, it is highly beneficial to learn from others' mistakes by reading the 'Hand Analysis' section.

If you need a more formal training, there are Apps out there which can be used for training yourself in aspects such as preflop-hands, pot-odds, outs, implied-odds and other decision making scenarios.

A

athena69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to all that replied. I think I'll have to pluck up the courage to try freerolls. Apps would be good, except my phone is out of the dark age so I can't get apps! I'll try looking for similar things on-line. I'll check out the ' Hand Analysis' section also. Thanks again all.

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to start to play freerolls on any site. It will be for you a good practice and the accumulation of primary bankroll.

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CardsChat makes you not only get access to lots of valuable freerolls with small-ish field, but it also makes you play with skilled players, making this forum your way to go.