Group Study Session: Wed. May 4th

L

losched16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I host a weekly group study session for SNG players that typically play from the micro through mid stake games ($1-$30). All SNG players are welcome to join. Players already signed up for this session range from 6 max players through the 180 mans, so no matter what games you play, these study sessions will apply.

I am an SNG coach with Team Moshman, and every Wednesday I schedule a group session with my players and anyone else that is interested in joining. I think the more players the better, as analyzing hands together and getting different points of view helps everyone improve their game.

The next study session is on Wednesday, May 4th at 12:00 pm EST (GMT-5). Each week, we pick a specific topic that we want to review. For the upcoming session, we are analyzing late game play, and inparticular, push/fold strategies. We will be covering such strategies and concepts as ICM, the bubble factor, push/fold/calling ranges, accurately putting our opponent's on hand ranges, keeping the bubble alive, being the bubble bully, and much more.

If you are interested in joining, just PM me with your email and Skype info and I will be sure to add you. Also, I am having my players submit specific hands that they would like analyzed. The same goes for you. If you have questions on some hands you played, send them to me before Monday, May 2nd so that I can put everything together for Wednesday.

See you there.

Clint

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is This for real??.

Not saying that not but maybe interested, so will apreciate if a mod comment on this.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is legit - he is offering some free assistance with your game if you play sng's. Sounds like a good thing to me!

Elivo

Elivo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you use a voice chat system or a chat room? I dont have skype, not even sure how to use it.
This sounds like something i would be very interested in since alot of my games are SnG.

HeavyW

HeavyW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I might be interested as well. Is it possible to just listen since I don't have a microphone?

What programs are needed to see the video and hear the audio?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is awesome on your part Clint.
Thanks, I don't have skype, but just started playing sngs, and don't know if I will continue with them.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you use a voice chat system or a chat room? I dont have skype, not even sure how to use it.
This sounds like something i would be very interested in since alot of my games are SnG.

I think I might be interested as well. Is it possible to just listen since I don't have a microphone?

What programs are needed to see the video and hear the audio?

This is awesome on your part Clint.
Thanks, I don't have skype, but just started playing sngs, and don't know if I will continue with them.
Skype is free to download at Skype.com. Very, very easy to use. Computer microphones go for $9.99 at your local dept. store (Target, Walmart, etc.).

I'd be interested, also. Must check family schedule before I PM.

L

losched16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Debi.
As far as how the sessions work I use Skype and Team Viewer/Mikogo. All are free and really easy to use. Also, this shows you how computer savvy I am. I downloaded Skype, but thought I had to go buy an external microphone to use the call feature. However, I found out that I have an internal mic in my laptop. I say this because, if there is anyone like me out there, test out Skype on your computer to see if you have this mic already enabled. When you download Skype, it will automatically test everything for you so you will know what you need. Regardless, if you want to join the session and do not have a mic, you can certainly listen in and if you had a question or comment, you can always use the IM feature.
Also, I think I am going to use Mikogo for the session. It seems most of the players who are already signed up use Mikogo and recently I have had some trouble with some Team Viewer connections, so make sure you download Mikogo. Again, really easy to use.
If you are interested, please PM me your email address and/or your Skype name so that I can add you to the call and keep you updated with any new info. Also, as I mentioned in the OP, if you have specific hands you would like to be included in the HH review, please pm me for my email address.
Finally, I know the specifics of the session have to do with end game strategy, but there are a lot of different routes we can take. Please respond in thread the top 1 or 2 topics that you definitely want covered (ie. push/fold, ICM, calling ranges, etc...). The most popular responses will get top priority so that the session stays focused and we do not take a shotgun approach and try to squeeze in too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skype is free to download at Skype.com. Very, very easy to use. Computer microphones go for $9.99 at your local dept. store (Target, Walmart, etc.).

I'd be interested, also. Must check family schedule before I PM.
I have the mic on my computer, just no web cam.
I do have team viewer as well.

L

losched16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, I just wanted to update everyone on the group session for Wednesday, May 4th. It will be at 12:00pm (GMT-5). Again we will be covering end game/bubble scenarios and concepts such as ICM, push/fold/calling ranges, etc...

Some of you have already done so, but if you are interested in this session, please PM me to confirm your attendance.
If you have hand histories or questions that you would like reviewed, please contact me through PM or Skype ASAP so that I can get everything put together.

What you will need for the session:
Skype: For those that will be involved in the session, I will be communicating through Skype using a group chat and group call. If you do not have a microphone (internal or external), that is not a problem. You can watch, listen, and if you do have a question, you can just use the IM feature.
Mikogo: I typically use Team Viewer, but recently I have been having some troubles connecting with some of my players using Team Viewer for whatever reason. So to make things easy, everyone make sure that they have Mikogo. Just like Team Viewer, it is a free program that will allow you to view my screen.
An understanding of ICM analysis: During the session, we will be talking alot about ICM and how it applies to the end game of SnGs. I do not want to spend a ton of time going through what ICM is, as we could spend an hour just talking about that topic alone. Please PM me if you would like more info on ICM prior to the session so that the strategies that are discussed make sense. I can send you a really good article that explains ICM clearly and that you can always have for your reference.
If you have any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to respond in thread, PM me or send me an IM on Skype. Also, please try to be ready for the session 5-10 minutes ahead of time so that I can get everyone added to the call and we can solve any technical issues prior to 12pm.

See you on Wednesday,

Clint

S

Steve922

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a very generous offer! Can I just ask, does 12:00 pm mean 12 midday or 12 midnight? And if midnight, is that at the start or end of Wednesday?

Thanks,

Steve

L

losched16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12:00 pm-midday (my time which is EST or GMT-5)

S

Steve922

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Clint, that should be in a half-hour. I'll try to get the necesaries in time to join in.
Thanks again,

Steve

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to late for this one but very generous offer and one I would like to participate (listen ) in . thank you very much for your time . although using skype I would think we could all see your screen and hear you , I will download mikogo now and pm you with my 411 . again thank you very much .

D

dare22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is good, I am interested.

When will be next lesson?

Last edited by a moderator:
W

webman20112

Rising Star