Freerolls Good or bad practice?

AWW_DIN

AWW_DIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i find fr have some statistic analysis benefits. But the most players play bingo rather than poker. Ups and downs i guess. What do u all think ?

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
True @ the bingo part to some extent but it still makes great practice... Cardschat freerolls are probably the best i've played (and i'm not just saying that to be nice to Cardschat) so you should participate in the forum and hopefully aspire to and succeed in joining the club..... when others are playing bingo, u just play solid, its advantageous to you when they play like that.

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many are bingo and isnt good to practice...

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel they are a great way to get some experience. Just beware of the bingo varience....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the early stage, very loose.

But at the middle - end stage, same as any real money mtt.

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the early stage, very loose.

But at the middle - end stage, same as any real money mtt.

I agree on this one. If you play super tight it will be difficult for you to survive the mid game. You just need find the spots when entering an all-in battle. You can shove with good hands in a late position with 1 or 2 limpers only. You cannot shove even with good hands if the pot is raised and there are so many callers. Basically, you would want a spot that you have 1 or 2 opponent in an all-in battle. Jusy need to be patient and dont rush in early bingos.

D

DesolateOne

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. Huge variance but good practice considering the variance is always there with poker. The need for making good decisions is even more important

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play freeroll only when not have money, freeroll its not poker, better min deposite and play microstakes...

JOHN_EVR_PT

JOHN_EVR_PT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

i think is good to earn experience and meet various types of players..

its my opinion :icon_thum

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i find fr have some statistic analysis benefits. But the most players play bingo rather than poker. Ups and downs i guess. What do u all think ?
I find it is good practice. Plus it is a good challenge to start up your bankroll with freerolls. In the beginning of tournament players are quite loose & U wonder if they've ever played poker in their life. In the mid/late stages of tournament the real poker is played. I think if U make mistakes in a freeroll they will leak into your real money cash games, so treat a freeroll as the same thing. You should play well regardless of the stakes.

C

ChipsOwnerRO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It isn't a good idea to play Freerolls if you want to practice, because there are many bingo players and you don't have what to do against their luck, even if you are good in poker... Is better to make a deposit and to play Cash games or MTT if you want to improve your game.

K

kefir

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is an excellent practice. It is clearly high variance game. But you learn a lot. In the early stages you just sit down and catch the chips all the players are throwing away. Clearly if you play one FR a month then it is BS, because the probability is high you will be knocked out. But if you play 10 of them a day, then it is pretty good. In addition it is through definition always a + EV game.
Admittingly with a low hourly rate. ;)

AWW_DIN

AWW_DIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All good points from everyone. It is true, if u can take of bunch of bingo players money then when u get closer to the end many ppl start actually playing. I play freerolls even tho i have money in my account b/c i love tourney play and i believe it helps me to work on my stamina. If u can be patient in a FR that the top prize is like 24$ then it should be easy to be patient for that 1k or more top prize.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you suffer from playing with patience then a freeroll is great for practising and studying as well is a plus

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
All good points from everyone. It is true, if u can take of bunch of bingo players money then when u get closer to the end many ppl start actually playing. I play freerolls even tho i have money in my account b/c i love tourney play and i believe it helps me to work on my stamina. If u can be patient in a FR that the top prize is like 24$ then it should be easy to be patient for that 1k or more top prize.

Yea it is true, you just have to have patience in the start of a freeroll and wait for the ATC AI to all be KO'd or wait for premium's to call their ridicolus AI and DU/TU. Yea sometimes they may get the luck and crack your aces, that's just poker. In the long run you will get deeper runs and possibly FT's. That's how I started by playing freeolls. Just study a tournament strategy that you like and in time you will start to cash and remember patience is the key to success.

GL

D

drugsterr

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from my experience in a freeroll you can not learn poker...it is a bad training ...there are so many player allin at every hand ...even if u have aces when all the table is allin u can not win ...i am for that kind of freeroll with passwords.. only for a comunity members and no one to give the password forward to friends and relatives.....

AWW_DIN

AWW_DIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from my experience in a freeroll you can not learn poker...it is a bad training ...there are so many player allin at every hand ...even if u have aces when all the table is allin u can not win ...i am for that kind of freeroll with passwords.. only for a comunity members and no one to give the password forward to friends and relatives.....

I understand whee you are coming from. But if anything the more hands u see the more statistics u can analyze and learn from

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a big difference between a real money tournament play and a freeroll play.

In a freeroll, players are very agressive with any two cards, you can expect from an all in move in early stage in a freeroll that the player got A/A or 2/7.

In a real money tournament, players are more and more tight and agressive according to the buy in amount.

I agree with jamaicankid, cards chat freerolls are the best you can play and you have to proove your skill to win one of them

AWW_DIN

AWW_DIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i totally concur. And like i said i look forward to playing in cardschat freerolls but i have to wait until im given the pw. I imagine if u were to play like a donkey it would be posted on here shortly after lol

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any practice is good practice. You can't get worse by playing, even if it's a freeroll. Later on in the freeroll, it takes some skill to win.

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think freerolls are good practice. Players play bingo poker in most games, what you want to do is get to the end and get a feel of the last table or two, thats gonna help in future tournaments. You would be surprised how few hands you have to play in the beginning to get far. Just look at all those players who sit out, how far they go till they chip out.

V

villarge

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree on this one. If you play super tight it will be difficult for you to survive the mid game. You just need find the spots when entering an all-in battle. You can shove with good hands in a late position with 1 or 2 limpers only. You cannot shove even with good hands if the pot is raised and there are so many callers. Basically, you would want a spot that you have 1 or 2 opponent in an all-in battle. Jusy need to be patient and dont rush in early bingos.

I think FRs are good practise. Yes you will get beaten by bingo play that gets lucky, but it gives you chance to find ways to win in various situations. I think it helps me to play more patiently. Not sure agressive poker is rewarded in this form of poker though, at least until the later stages.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It isn't a good idea to play Freerolls if you want to practice, because there are many bingo players and you don't have what to do against their luck, even if you are good in poker... Is better to make a deposit and to play Cash games or MTT if you want to improve your game.

So,instead of just entering a tournament for free and not worry about the outcome you are suggesting that inexperienced players should make a deposit and play cash games or MTTs which will in turn,most certainly,make them lose money to more experienced players.That is the worst advice you can give to someone who wants to learn how to play poker.

Last edited:
okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
The huge numbers freerolls are very boring.
Make your 65 posts here and join in the freerolls Cardschat offer.The players are quality, and the numbers much smaller.You will also find the community very friendly and helpful to new participants.:D

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that freerolls are good practice, player who can survive in wild world of freerolls can become even more better on higher levels where players don`t play all in on every single hand. :rolleyes:

Freeroll Passwords