Freeroll poker

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello im new here. Can someone give advice on how to build bankrolls thru freeroll? And do you think the strategy for freerolls is different from the MTTs?

Thanks in advance

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly, find freerolls with a low number of players in the field and a high prize pool. Some of these might be password protected, or on poker sites that you aren't on yet so look around for deals and select the best ones available to you.

Once you have selected some of the best freerolls that you know, you need to play as tight as you possibly can and take them seriously because most players won't be until you reach nearer the final table.

The way that you outplay everyone is by outlasting them so if you aim to last 3 hours and go in with a mentality of $0.01>$0.00 you will have beaten everyone trying to win first place in the first hand already.

The other thing you can do is get a calendar and track how many freerolls you played, and write down 3 hands you played well and 3 hands you played badly and your profits every day. If you go out with the best hand and the most equity, or if you cash on that day put a tick and highlight the day green, and if you get $0.00 and go out because of a bad play put an x and highlight it red.

You want to aim for more than 50% green days in a month. This will help make your subconscious more aware of what you need to do and will help your determination and bankroll management long term.

As long as you keep getting it in with the most equity you will win eventually. But the grind is long and you will get your best results when you least expect them due to variance. I have went days without cashing, then cashing insane amounts all at once, but I did not expect to win the full amount on the days that I did - I just intended to play the best I could again and again regardless.

So the important thing is that you just keep playing as many you can as tight as you can and you will get there eventually.

You can learn some strategy from freerolls that is similar to very low stakes MTTs and SNGs, particularly towards the end of freerolls. But be aware most staked games, especially cash games are completely different. Freerolls will generally only teach you how to beat complete fish and donks that care very little about the consequences of the risk - these types of players exist elsewhere in the game as well, but are a lot less frequent - unless one of your opponents is on tilt or a maniac.

That is why it is important for you to concentrate on your own game and try to play your best game at all times. Notice the player types you are playing against and as long as you're playing even a little bit tighter than their range then you have an edge.

As soon as you feel you are ahead in a hand, isolate your opponents and bet large for value. They will call if they have anything small so never bluff. I could type forever but I better stop now... good luck at the tables!

Last edited:
XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what poker room do you play?
if big room like pokerstars
building from freeroll is not that hard
all you need to do is just just a final table of some 2K or 1K GTD freeroll VS like several thousands of players.
but based on the number of these kind of freeroll is quite easy to find. it is not hard.

but if small rooms think all you need to do is take any chance.
take any chance to gamble to win.
and try build the bankroll as quickly as you can.
therefore

Do not refused to coin anytime, since you have nothing to lose in a freeroll.
Do not give up any tiny edge...since your aim is for a final table.

good luck.

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly, find freerolls with a low number of players in the field and a hiI'll be prize pool. Some of these might be password protected, or on poker sites that you aren't on yet so look around for deals and select the best ones available to you.

Once you have selected some of the best freerolls that you know, you need to play as tight as you possibly can and take them seriously because most players won't be until you reach nearer the final table.

The way that you outplay everyone is by outlasting them so if you aim to last 3 hours and go in with a mentality of $0.01>$0.00 you will have beaten everyone trying to win first place in the first hand already.

The other thing you can do is get a calendar and track how many freerolls you played, and write down 3 hands you played well and 3 hands you played badly and your profits every day. If you go out with the best hand and the most equity, or if you cash on that day put a tick and highlight the day green, and if you get $0.00 and go out because of a bad play put an x and highlight it red.

You want to aim for more than 50% green days in a month. This will help make your subconscious more aware of what you need to do and will help your determination and bankroll management long term.

As long as you keep getting it in with the most equity you will win eventually. But the grind is long and you will get your best results when you least expect them due to variance. I have went days without cashing, then cashing insane amounts all at once, but I did not expect to win the full amount on the days that I did - I just intended to play the best I could again and again regardless.

So the important thing is that you just keep playing as many you can as tight as you can and you will get there eventually.

You can learn some strategy from freerolls that is similar to very low stakes MTTs and SNGs, particularly towards the end of freerolls. But be aware most staked games, especially cash games are completely different. Freerolls will generally only teach you how to beat complete fish and donks that care very little about the consequences of the risk - these types of players exist elsewhere in the game as well, but are a lot less frequent - unless one of your opponents is on tilt or a maniac.

That is why it is important for you to concentrate on your own game and try to play your best game at all times. Notice the player types you are playing against and as long as you're playing even a little bit tighter than their range then you have an edge.

As soon as you feel you are ahead in a hand, isolate your opponents and bet large for value. They will call if they have anything small so never bluff. I could type forever but I better stop now... good luck at the tables!

Thanks you much for your reply. This is what I am looking for really. YOU ALMOST MADE ME CRY.
I feel greatful that I joined this forum.

Yeah Im keeping out from the cash games for now. Ive got MTT and SNG tickets from freerolls. I'll be focusing on micro MTT and single table SNG once I got some bankroll.

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what poker room do you play?
if big room like pokerstars
building from freeroll is not that hard
all you need to do is just just a final table of some 2K or 1K GTD freeroll VS like several thousands of players.
but based on the number of these kind of freeroll is quite easy to find. it is not hard.

but if small rooms think all you need to do is take any chance.
take any chance to gamble to win.
and try build the bankroll as quickly as you can.
therefore

Do not refused to coin anytime, since you have nothing to lose in a freeroll.
Do not give up any tiny edge...since your aim is for a final table.

good luck.

Thanks for your advice. Im at pokestars. Im enojoying the asia september freeroll which I got SNG and the big 5.50 tickets. For 1k and 2k GTD, yes Im playing this.
i find it hard to gamble since i always feel bad when i get busted
I am always finding the spot but sometimes i got suckouts when i am ahead but thats part of poker and take into consideration that this is freeroll and people are chasing their outs even set or 2 pairs out. Lols.

F

fishmagnito

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
at first

don't play freeall's at all! Play better in cash on low limits!!!And rise your level little by little:jd4: :)

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't play freeall's at all! Play better in cash on low limits!!!And rise your level little by little:jd4: :)

Hello, Thanks for your advice.

I have tried the cash games in in my early years in poker. I even played cash games in live poker.

This is more on self-improvement and goal. Step by Step improvement on my poker skills starting on freerolls. Yes, I am a loosing player on cash games. But lately while doing freerolls, I get to enjoy the tournament poker lately. I've been on a 5 years hiatus in poker. so basically i have tried cash games, MTTs and SNGs. I've been crushing 1 table SNGs before 1 quit but lost in my cash games.. I an more of maniac when in cash games thats why.

Ultimate Goal - Play at wsop (before i die :p) with what I started 3 weeks ago ( from 5 years hiatus)

This is my simple goal. We all love poker. Cheers! :)

E

enanos5

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi I want to know what should I do to enter the freerroll of CardsChat

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are definitely a good way to build a roll... I have done well on certain sites. You want to join forums that hold great freerolls like this one. I am almost going to be a part of this great league. Other than that it is where you play.. Certain sites have better everyday freerolls, just have to search them out. Good luck.

K

kadison728

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free Rolls

I have done pretty well in free rolls. I have played the facebook and instagram free rolls on Carbon Poker. The key is to stay patient and know when to fol them. Sounds like Kenny Rogers is singing my song.

K

kadison728

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free Rolls

I have also made sure that my mind set is clear when I am playing a free roll. It is very tough to play when you have to do well or you cant play poker. Just make sure you play each hand. Free rolls are usually really long. You cant win a free roll in the first hour.

Mordecoke

Mordecoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly, find freerolls with a low number of players in the field and a high prize pool. Some of these might be password protected, or on poker sites that you aren't on yet so look around for deals and select the best ones available to you.

Yes, very great advice indeed. Esp the calender part. write everything down so you can keep track of freerolls. We remember more if we write things down, it's psychology. The only thing I would add to this is this.... once you cash and win, learn how you can use those winnings (if they are small) to their max potential. Don't go out spending it on another MTT. Only about 10% of players cash in an MTT and the top three paid spots in an MTT are the most you can win.
It's best advised to use it wisely in cash games, or sit n go's.
And if you do end up winning big in a freeroll, look up bank roll management here in the forums and you will become much more successful in making money in the long run.
Remember not everything is guaranteed in poker :D

lois505

lois505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first play freeroll then win some money like 20 (thats need long time, be patient)then to play realy money 0.01/0.02 build you bankroll

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your advice. Im at pokestars. Im enojoying the asia september freeroll which I got SNG and the big 5.50 tickets. For 1k and 2k GTD, yes Im playing this.
i find it hard to gamble since i always feel bad when i get busted
I am always finding the spot but sometimes i got suckouts when i am ahead but thats part of poker and take into consideration that this is freeroll and people are chasing their outs even set or 2 pairs out. Lols.

If you did not put any cents or your own money to entry the game.
bust is NOTHING TO LOSS...
always remember that, it would feel better, even bust like after several hours of play.

since it is not your own money..... but remember that is not an excuse to play poorly.

anyway good luck, building the bankroll from freeroll with the correct stategy but pray on good results with the help of some gamble luck.:D

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, very great advice indeed. Esp the calender part. write everything down so you can keep track of freerolls. We remember more if we write things down, it's psychology. The only thing I would add to this is this.... once you cash and win, learn how you can use those winnings (if they are small) to their max potential. Don't go out spending it on another MTT. Only about 10% of players cash in an MTT and the top three paid spots in an MTT are the most you can win.
It's best advised to use it wisely in cash games, or sit n go's.
And if you do end up winning big in a freeroll, look up bank roll management here in the forums and you will become much more successful in making money in the long run.
Remember not everything is guaranteed in poker :D

Thanks for the additional advice.. I tried cash games with my winnings in freerolls but lost most part of it. I am sticking to 1 table SNG for now which I think I can maximize on.

007frost

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls on PokerStars

Hello what is the strategy in freerolls will suit you most and what card is best to go?how many times do not try to play to play in the freerolls difficult to play there all going in the Bank even with 7 2?looking forward to your advice?

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello what is the strategy in freerolls will suit you most and what card is best to go?how many times do not try to play to play in the freerolls difficult to play there all going in the Bank even with 7 2?looking forward to your advice?

:beer:
Everything is very possible on PS. Aggression on the start and if you manage to accumulate some chips than play slow hands. Don`t be too much suprised when someone get full house, flush or straight with 2-7 kind of hand every few minutes :D

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Read & yeah great advice by n3rv

maik357

maik357

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My personal opinion is that building a bankroll through freeroll is much harder than building it through a one table sit n go with low stakes. Try first double or nothing until you feel comfortable or rank often top three and then go for 1 table sit n go. I have played for a long time only mtt and was slowly disgusted by never reaching the big money. So I tried one table and had much more success there. So I build bankroll in one table and usually throw the money away in mtt. But of course not as mad as when I only played mtt and lost

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the new replies. Sometimes it is so hard to win at freerolls specially when your premiums will be beaten by rags. I think that adds to the difficulty in building bankroll thru frerolls. You have to be very very patient.

madsquirrel

madsquirrel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
goood luck building your bankroll through freerolls..just be patient

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
goood luck building your bankroll through freerolls..just be patient

Hey thanks for your advice. I've been running bad on freerolls this week. The challenge is accumulating enough stacks to be competitive on mid to late game. I am playing tight but got coolers most of the time. I tried adjusting to a wider range in early game but that doesn't helped also. loosin my patient and makes me wanna deposit and start at micro but lets see once I'll be able to join the cardschat freerolls :)

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FREE ROLLS

I think the typical plan that works for me is to be a complete calling station with decent cards like 78 910 56 and suited connectors Than when the big hands come I will make a good size pre flop raise. I have found that being a calling station allows me to see many more hands and than make a decision after the flop especially in the early stages. I am talking about when the blinds are about 10-20 0r 20-40 after that I will tighten up the first round and play premium hands and suited connectors. I think in essence a free roll is actually the luck of the draw and with today's mentality of any two cards this is what seems to work for me. I wont play every hand of course but Will play suited connectors and higher cards. It also depends on my position in the late stages I will play tight aggressive meaning that when I have the big hand I will raise such as AA KK QQ JJ 1010 AK AQ at the final table I will for sure raise on these hands and even raise with 99 88 77 I would love to here you all think I ALSO do to the amount of donks that play will make substantial raises if i have the big hand because you will always get called :D I meant to say that I wait for the big hand to come to me not the big blind. If a hand is raised allot before I can see a flop and I only have a marginal hand I will usually fold and just be patient until the donks burn out But if i HAVE A GREAT HAND I will go with it and take my chances. I have played many free rolls and found that Bet On Line is the best bet for them They seem to have better players in those and yes your right ev thing in the beginning is an all in deal and big raises so than if that's the way the table goes i will wait for that hand in the mean time if i can see the flop with a good hand or marginal for the price of the BB I will and usually I do get to especially after ev 1 sees that going all in is not the way

Last edited:
Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
where do you play freerolls? In the ones I've been playing lately, there's no calling for the amount of the bb because it's always raised 5, 8, 10, 20 times the bb or all-in before it gets to you.