Coin flip

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello CC, I was wondering if there is some time to get into a Coin flip out, what should I consider?

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should take coin flips if you are short stacked, or playing against a much better player, or when the SPR is low.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should definitely consider your stack size first. If you are short stacked then you should push with any pair and strong Ax for sure.

There can also be some other situation for example you are into a hand post flop heads up and on the turn you have a very strong draw. So you have a lot of outs on the river. In this situation sometimes you don't mind leading/shoving into the opponent to make him fold but we know that even if he calls we have more than enough outs to hit on the river so we have a good chance there too. But this can be risky as you can so tread cautiously. So i think this can also be called a coin flip situation if villain calls (and if you did your math right :)).

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are left with less than 10xbb,its a suitable scenario to do coinflip with some decent hands pre in tourney.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are the worst player at the table, accept coin flip right away.

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's usually when your a short stack and have no other option but to get involved in a coin flip for a chance of tournament survival.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also preferably when you push first the the other player decides to take the flip

B

butcherbay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
stack size

like everyone has said it depends on your stack size the shorter you are you have no choice but to do a coin flip