Cardschat I need your help

K

kygamblr09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To all who took the time to open this thread i say thank you first off. My name is David and i always see the cardschat freerolls on different sites but i havent made 15 post so im not qualified. So i thought i have alot of holes in my game and i need to make quality post so why not kill 2 birds with one stone. So here goes. I will be posting all of what i consider to be holes in my game and with all your help /advice i will have a better understanding of the game.So for my first post:

I play alot of freerolls because i was one of the gents who got hit with the whole Full tilt shut down. So i refuse to deposit anymore of my money. Having put that out there i notice that when i play freerolss i generally do well not cash or make final tables alot but just my all around play. On the flip side of that when i play in big money tourneys i tend to go out real quick or i find myself playing so tight that i wait for that one big hand and usually it gets beat. My problem is i dont know why i cant transfer my good freeroll play into the high cash tourney games or is it not me and its the better players in higher cash tourneys. Please help?

M

Myar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like the tourneys you pay to play in your scared money as they are out of you BR management.

J

JZarate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The players at higher stakes are usually better than those in the freeroll tournaments.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing at micro is different at higher level.

The table dynamics is different. So the thing here is, you have to adjust likewise.

N

NorskNewman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd watch some training videos. Read strategy articles. Read about bankroll management. Work a couple extra shifts and put together 50 bucks and deposit. Play the micro mtt that fit in your bankroll plan. Have fun.

Also realize at these stakes everyone is awful. So am I. More than likely you are too and just haven't found out yet :) the games are tougher now than pre- Black Friday. All the knowledge is out there so if you don't arm yourself with it, your opponents have a built in edge on you before the cards are even in the air.

Don't take offense to all that and don't flex in a reply. It's all with love.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To all who took the time to open this thread i say thank you first off. My name is David and i always see the cardschat freerolls on different sites but i havent made 15 post so im not qualified. So i thought i have alot of holes in my game and i need to make quality post so why not kill 2 birds with one stone. So here goes. I will be posting all of what i consider to be holes in my game and with all your help /advice i will have a better understanding of the game.So for my first post:

I play alot of freerolls because i was one of the gents who got hit with the whole Full tilt shut down. So i refuse to deposit anymore of my money. Having put that out there i notice that when i play freerolss i generally do well not cash or make final tables alot but just my all around play. On the flip side of that when i play in big money tourneys i tend to go out real quick or i find myself playing so tight that i wait for that one big hand and usually it gets beat. My problem is i dont know why i cant transfer my good freeroll play into the high cash tourney games or is it not me and its the better players in higher cash tourneys. Please help?

Hi and welcome to Cardschat. Can I ask you to start with where you play poker? I see you are a freeroll player, so when a new member says that I let them know that Full Flush Poker is the leading site for freerolls. They have a $500 one ever Friday night, and plenty of others every day, and there are not but about 1000 playing in them, and they go fast. I'm telling you this because freerolls are great to learn from. You can take what you learn to those tables and not risk your money until you are ready. One question. Do you get mad at the table when you take a beat? That's where I had to start to help my game. Anyway just trying to point you in some direction. And when I came here, I asked a million questions. So put them out there and you will get plenty of help. That's why we here. Oh and you can win some money here. Even better right? GL at your tables.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi Kygambir09.

Where do I start? There is a vast difference between the people who play freerolls and the people who play high-stakes poker. For a start the people who play high-stakes, (as a rule), are investing their own money and not playing for nothing.(There will be some who sell a percentage of the stake). I would also say that 99% of them have built themselves up over a long period of time. This building plan is NEEDED for both for experience and bankroll. Unless you are a multi-millionaire, it is wise to invest a small amount of money on a site, get a deposit bonus and move your way up using a good bankroll plan. (There is plenty of advice on here or on google you'll find a plan).

(The exception from this rule are the multi-millionaire's who haven't earn't their money from poker and are just basically there for the gamble/ fun. These people are the bread and butter income for people like Phil Ivey AND could be for you or me eventually).

My main point is that you cannot wake up one day and decide to change you sights and win the "Sunday Million" for example. It takes time, learning, disappointment and more learning before that will happen.

I will now make a statement that a lot of people on here will disagree with but here goes ~ From scratch I would say that if you dedicated your time to learning and playing poker, perhaps 8 hours a day. It will take about 8 years to be able to gain the experience and knowlegde, to be able to play high stakes poker with regularity. I will also add that time is needed to be able to withstand the variances on your Bankroll. (That's my plan anyway).

My 1st and one of many suggestions is that you play your game, post some hands on here, get some advice and learn some more.......Gl :D:D:D

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My 1st and one of many suggestions is that you play your game, post some hands on here, get some advice and learn some more.......Gl :D:D:D
Generally your suggestion would have merit and whilst there may well still be some benefit to the OP in as much as he will get some pointers about how to think about situations. However, for someone who plays freerolls exclusively (not talking about CC freerolls and similar), all normal rules are off. If you get a good opening hand in good position and raise, you are almost guaranteed to get 3 or 4 callers and possibly someone with 9,4 off will shove on you and they will win :D.

You end up being reduced to playing limp-fold unless you are careful.

K

kygamblr09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you and keep them coming.

I have have and will continue to read all the replies. I am forming a book of notes to read daily so all replys will go into this book so in the event i need to recall or reaffirm some decisions that i need to make or am making i will have the book handy. So many thanks. But please keep them coming..

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know kygamblr09 you could start a blog and put it all in there and go back and read right on you computer.

M

Myar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have have and will continue to read all the replies. I am forming a book of notes to read daily so all replys will go into this book so in the event i need to recall or reaffirm some decisions that i need to make or am making i will have the book handy. So many thanks. But please keep them coming..

My comment stems from you saying you go out early, or play tight and lose that one big hand. First caused the second I would imagine.

Going out early indicates too loose or too marginal hands being played. The tight and going out to a beat indicates being a bet too nitty. If that is the case, find a middle ground between the two.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Going out early indicates too loose or too marginal hands being played.

I would disagree. To me it sounds more like OP cannot let go of TP or OverPair hands early in tournaments while playing with effective deepstacks. (.. they get that hand but end up losing)

OP, as others have mentioned, post some HandHistories for discussion.

gl gl

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Welcome to cc , first what platform you play ? not understood for that question of transfer , please explain better