Calculating EV street for street - How to include fold equity?

K

kefir

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to include fold equity in the calculation?

I have played, I would say a lot. But I am still confused about a certain aspect of poker. May be someone can help me to lift my confusion.

We assume, that we know the hole cards of our opponents. The second assumption is that we have enough time to make an equity calc on every street. Third assumption is that our opponent can only call. He can't raise or fold. For the simplicity we are in a HU pot. I describe now a strat, which I think is a right one with this assumptions.

Preflop: we do an equity calc and if our equityE is so, that EV=E*(Pot size)-(1-E)*(betsize)>0, then we are +EV. Especially we should construct our bet size so, that we maximize our EV.

we repeat the same on every street and try to construct the bet size, so that EV is maximized.

Is that right?

Now I try to expand that with fold equity: FE, which is a function of our raise, betsize of our opponent and stack sizes.
preflop assuming we are in position
EV=E*(2BB+Betsize)-(1-E)*Betsize+FE(Raise,Betsize,stacks)*(2BB+Betsize)-
(1-FE)*(Betsize+Raise)
Is that right?
I am especially confused by the last term, which should give our EV in case the opponent doesn't fold to our raise. I am confused. Pls help.

Folding in Poker