Bluefire Poker Hand Analysis and Video for Cardschat - with bonus prizes!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cardschat is proud to announce a partnership with premier poker coaching site bluefirepoker.com!

The good people over at bluefirepoker.com have kindly agreed to review a selection of hands posted on Cardschat and produce a video especially for Cardschat members analyzing these hands as only their pro coaches know how! As an added bonus, any poster who has their hand nominated and subsequently chosen for analysis by the pros will win a free month's membership with bluefirepoker!

The Mod Squad™ will be on the prowl for interesting and contentious hands posted in the hand analysis forums, but lest anything be missed the door is open for you, noble reader, to nominate hands for expert review. Feel free to post MTT, SNG, cash game or even PLO hands, as bluefirepoker have coaches who specialize in all of these fields, but bear in mind that obviously the more interesting the hand, the more likely it is to be chosen.

To nominate a hand for review, simply post in this topic with a link to the thread or preferably the individual post in which the hand appears, or if the hand doesn't have a thread, either post the converted hand in here or better yet create a thread for it in the relevant hand analysis forum so that you can get feedback from forum members too (and then link to that thread here)! Feel free to let us know why you're nominating the hand and anything specific (relating to the hand of course!) that you'd like the pros at bluefirepoker to tackle.

And yes, you can nominate your own hand if you want, but be sure to provide a good argument for its selection! :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in here too.

Bluefirepoker.com provides top-quality content for the discerning MTT, SNG and cash game player and features a wide range of instructional and educational videos from top online pros such as Dusty "leatherass9" Schmidt, Asad "glitteringprizes" Goodarzy, Adam "ctrlaltdegen11" Reynolds, Dustin "DDBeast" Dorrance-Bowman and Aaron "Aaronbeen" Been.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sounds super
thx CC and bluefire
guess i better pull up some HHs:)

B

BFPRyan

BlueFirePoker
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone! Thank you for that post Mr. Malorkus and definitely our thanks to dakota-xx and everyone else behind the scenes for helping to put this partnership together! From speaking to a few of the higher ups here at CardsChat it is quite refreshing to see just how much they have your best interests in mind!

At BlueFirePoker we are definitely looking forward to introducing the CardsChat community to some of our most popular pros (and vice versa), having them jump in here to discuss some high-level strategy with you all, making an exclusive video specifically reviewing interesting hands presented from you members in this thread, and helping to improve your poker game -- by improving the way you think about poker.

The tentative plans regarding this first promotion for you guys are to give you 10-14 days to post hands in this thread. If you have a hand that you think was tricky, have a hand from last session that is really bothering you, maybe one you are on the fence about whether you should have played it differently, want some clarification on different ways to optimally play a particular hand vs. particular opponents, or anything else... please post it in this thread. After two weeks we will look to create a specific CardsChat video reviewing as many interesting spots from the thread as possible via as many of our pros as possible! Please note, when posting a hand please also post: Opponent stats/reads, tendencies, game dynamic, and as much other information as you can to help our guys out! If your hand is covered in the video, I will give you a free month subscription to BlueFirePoker. This will be a standard premium membership, yes, that means you can download all 900+ videos if you so wish :)

I look forward to getting to know and working with some of y'all in here in the near future! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to post them here or shoot me a PM and I would be happy to help you out!

-RYAN

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Awesome stuff! (subscribing to thread).

Going to have to put some time in on the tables as my puter has been emptied of all HH's. Hoping to enter a few HH's for this but also looking forward to watching the vid. of other's HH's that were chosen (& grateful for the oppurtunity).

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - the video is going to be awesome to watch - can't wait!

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another outstanding offer from CardsChat. Thank you BlueFirePoker.com.

I'm voting for the "Mod Squad" as the best of the best in poker forums!

Edit: Just went over to bluefirepoker.com and I see there is a 7-day free trial (which I'm signing up for now!). Is there any reference code I should enter so they know I've gotten to them from CC?

Last edited:
B

BFPRyan

BlueFirePoker
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Another outstanding offer from CardsChat. Thank you BlueFirePoker.com.

I'm voting for the "Mod Squad" as the best of the best in poker forums!

Edit: Just went over to bluefirepoker.com and I see there is a 7-day free trial (which I'm signing up for now!). Is there any reference code I should enter so they know I've gotten to them from CC?

There is a 7-day free trial. There is not a reference code. Thanks!

B

BFPRyan

BlueFirePoker
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, to those that PM me, I've got to get my post count up to 10 before I can reply ;)

I'll get that done tonight and get back to you as soon as possible.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, to those that PM me, I've got to get my post count up to 10 before I can reply ;)

I'll get that done tonight and get back to you as soon as possible.

I'll leave Debi (dakota-xx) a note to sort that out. :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time to start getting some threads nominated!

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem (9 players)
SB: $25.04
BB: $25
UTG: $10.96
UTG+1: $23.05
MP: $24.55
MP+1: $25 (sitting out)
MP+2 Hero: $26.15
CO: $35.06
BTN: $25

Pre-flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP+2 and dealt :ah4: :jh4:
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 4 folds, UTG calls $1

Flop: ($2.85) :kh4: :3c4: :3h4: (3 players)
UTG bets $1.42, Hero calls $1.42

Turn: ($5.69) :kh4: :3c4: :3h4: :10d4: (3 players)
UTG bets $8.29, Hero ???

Villian is short stacked and here is his stats below

Guys stats

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem (9 players)
SB: $50.25
BB: $50
UTG: $40.81
UTG+1: $51.36
MP: $47.21
MP+1: $30.91
MP+2: $59.49
CO Hero: $50
BTN: $99.18

Pre-flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO and dealt :ks4: :10s4:
UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, MP+1 calls $0.50, MP+2 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, 3 folds, UTG calls $2, MP+1 calls $2

Flop: ($8.25) :10c4: :jd4: :3h4: (3 players)
UTG checks, MP+1 bets $4.12, Hero calls $4.12, UTG folds

Turn: ($16.49) :10c4: :jd4: :3h4: :kd4: (2 players)
MP+1 bets $8.24, Hero So we hit two pair on turn and so pot is now $24.73 and villian has $16.05 left after his turn bet , should we ??

Here is villians stats

Donk

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are other people allowed to comment in this thread on hands or not?

AIC, why are you calling with AJs there given what you know about the guy?

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That he is passive?:cool: also not sure if this is the HH's type you guys want to see or ????

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in this case we need to see the action all the way to the river.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugh my mistake, i should stay out of here already, thought you called a raise from that guy there, which would of been pretty bad. ignore me.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HU hand, pretty early on in the match so had no reads. (like first 20 hands)

I bet flop for value, plan was to call a raise on this flop because i think his range has very few tens in it, tons of draws and bluffs possibly depending on player.

Turn when he doesn't bet the ace i think his range hasn't changed, i'd of thought A high flush draws and bluffs would continue on that card. (bit concerning how he didn't bet the A though, considering it is the best scare card or what everyone perceives to be the best scare card)

Not sure whether i bet too small on the turn if my plan was to extract value?

Check back river because i didn't think he would have any small SDV hands that i would need to bluff out, and most draws have missed and are giving up etc.

My logic okay here?

poker stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 1778730
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $83.30
Hero (BTN/SB): $55.54

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN/SB with K :diamond: 4 :heart:
Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) 4 :club: T :diamond: 9 :club: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $1.85, BB raises to $5.50, Hero calls $3.65

Turn: ($14.00) A :diamond: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $6.50, BB calls $6.50

River: ($27.00) 6 :spade: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

B

BFPRyan

BlueFirePoker
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not sure if this is the HH's type you guys want to see or ????

I think the hands posted above are already great... HH up to a major decision will work, even if that is only a flop or turn decision!!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are other people allowed to comment in this thread on hands or not?

AIC, why are you calling with AJs there given what you know about the guy?

I for one am not going to nuke comment posts or anything but I'd rather you either make a thread in HA yourself or encourage the poster of the hand to do so if he hasn't already.

That said, there's something to be said for posting things related to hands already posted in here that you might want to see in the video, should the relevant hand(s) make the cut.

So in conclusion, err, carry on? :cool:

Debi can't sort that one out lol.

My bad. I thought no problem was beyond adminhax!

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is 13/9,
bb was 38/14

I flatted pre because i wanted the fish to come along and because that's what i'd do with lots of good hands here (but i dont know if the reg would even realise me 3betting there would be super polarised) but i considered 3betting just to make life easy because he folds 80% 3bets.

Then getting raised on the flop i was like WTF and got stuck... im not actually sure why i didnt just 3bet flop? he could have AK and be putting me on AJ or something? Is this just an easy get it in on the flop? I messed this one up badly :/

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 1780738

Hero (SB): $145.60
BB: $93.41
UTG: $39.50
UTG+1: $35.00
UTG+2: $113.50
MP1: $51.00
MP2: $104.50
CO: $44.07
BTN: $37.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with 4 :spade: A :spade:
4 folds, MP2 raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.50, BB calls $2

Flop: ($9.00) 8 :spade: A :diamond: 4 :diamond: (3 players)
Hero bets $6, BB folds, MP2 raises to $16.91, Hero calls $10.91

Turn: ($42.82) K :club: (2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 bets $23, Hero calls $23

River: ($88.82) T :spade: (2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 bets $61.59 all in Hero cries

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
didn't have anything on the CO at the time, thought he would just be a tight reg like most people who buy in full on these tables. Isolated wide here because he was the table mark 64/6, complete station calling down with A high i'd seen.

What do you think of my line, my plan was to call the turn and donk most rivers.

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em $0.20 Ante - 9 players - View hand 1780755

MP2: $158.35
CO: $265.94
BTN: $100.00
SB: $245.50
BB: $235.70
UTG: $171.09
Hero (UTG+1): $241.08
UTG+2: $221.30
MP1: $223.65

Pre Flop: ($3.30) Hero is UTG+1 with 8 :club: A :club:
UTG calls $1, Hero raises to $4, 3 folds, CO calls $4, 3 folds, UTG calls $3

Flop: ($15.30) 6 :spade: 5 :heart: J :spade: (3 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($15.30) J :club: (3 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, CO bets $9, UTG folds, Hero calls $9

River: ($33.30) 8 :heart: (2 players)
Hero bets $22

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last one. I was like wtf on the river here because i'd been 3betting him 87% so i thought i'd just call him down because i couldnt ever see a premium hand here or he'd of raised pre. Is this a call or should i just fold and think that he's made a hand somehow?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 1780759

BTN/SB: $50.00
Hero (BB): $104.54

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with K :diamond: T :club:
BTN/SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2, BTN/SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.00) T :spade: 2 :club: J :heart: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $3.05, Hero calls $3.05

Turn: ($10.10) 2 :spade: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $7.72, Hero calls $7.72

River: ($25.54) 9 :heart: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $37.23 all in Hero?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands