Best way to build your bankroll?

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello my name is Michael, I was fresh on this poker forum.

I would like to express my opinions on building a bankroll, and listen to the opinions and suggestions of other players.

I try to enrich my bankroll, I do it by playing free tournaments every day, if I can get to win some cents, I play Sit & Go $ 0.02, $ 0.10. If I'll have enough for more I play Sit & go 1vs1 $ -1.50 to $ 3.50. I made up to $ 70 from $ 1 within two days by playing only sit & go. Unfortunately greed fell on me and I lost it in a moment. Emotions need to exclude. maked I'm trying to avoid money of tables, I'm more interested in tournaments.

I admit I am outraged random community cards, which often do not give me a good layout but it is my opponent. This little outrageous when you are the favorite pre-flop and on the table gets 4card flush or straight draw string, so many times.

happy to hear your suggestions on building your bankroll. ;)

V

vago

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason that you lost all(in a moment) is the same,that you make 70$ from 1$ in sit and go tournaments for two days.Nobody in the world can win all the time,that's why we need bankroll manangment:).About buliding bankroll.l will advice not playing many freeroll tournaments,with donkies,fishies and with regs,who plays as donkies too:),because it is freeroll.Maybe you can get some no deposit bonus and try to not lose too fast.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to build your BR is to become better than your opponents. Sure, some people do better in SNGs or MTTs or cash. But what do all winning players have in common? They're better than their opponents. As for switching games, there's no solid way to predict you'll win more by switching from one type of game to another.

T

TheNoobie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to build a bankroll is by having patience and respect for your bankroll. Pick a good and proven to work BRM and play according to it. If its working for you - stick to it, if not - find something else. Depositing is the way to get a good grip of the game, by depositing 20$ it should be enough. You can play 0.25c at PS and have enough bankroll to handle them. If you feel in a rush to make good money you will end up losing them in no time, as it has happened to you.

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@TheNoobie ur right.

Sometime i respect my BNkroll but when i got some bankroll i playing cash tournaments.

B

barkozi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First you have to properly manage your bankroll. Take part in tournaments only If you have money for 100 entries. If you decide to go all in , don't do it with AJo, AT If you dont't have enough information about your opponent agression. If you put your tournament live on risk be sure that this move has chance to win and in my opinion the most important is PATIENCE .

joelcai

joelcai

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is a good way to build your bankroll, i would play more MTT if u are good on that, and u can make grow very quickly

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO 25 buy-ins is enough if you have a small bankroll that is replaced without hardship. Once you build it to a point that it would hurt to lose, you can get stricter; 100 or even 200 buy-ins. Good luck!

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you never (rarely) can go broke with proper BRM- 50buyins min if not 100 usually failsafe
greed(playing too high of limit) and chasing loses (tilting) is what hurts us all

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good BRM doesn't help you to grow your roll unless you're a winning player. If not, it just helps you lose money less rapidly.

Mindset

Mindset

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good BRM doesn't help you to grow your roll unless you're a winning player. If not, it just helps you lose money less rapidly.

Sure, but even the best player in the world is going to lose if he is playing at a range where he only has 5 buyins, eventually.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, but even the best player in the world is going to lose if he is playing at a range where he only has 5 buyins, eventually.
Is this single highly selective and not particularly realistic scenario somehow supposed to refute what I said?

steffdbird

steffdbird

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol

People playing at 5bi is unrealistic?

kk

Sorry lol think this is hilarious you have totally missed your original post which was '' even the BEST players in the world'' will lose with 5 buyins lol well if this was ever to happen they wouldn't be anywhere near the best lol

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without a game plan , analyze game (yes yes freerolls too, must be analyzed, and need a strategy ) and bankroll management, so you can many month play with
a zero balance and win nothing.

Advice first most important stop ludomania game and follow BRM. About your game plan, you need play freerols when not be $5, this 50 BI SNG 360p $ 0.10 , this amount enough for a start.

Or climbing with small amounts When you win $0,40 there are only two choices play MTT $0.10 or SNG 360p $0.10 / certainly better to play SNG, much lower variance, and the players are weak and more likely to get to the final table than in the MTT.

L

lost2qandisa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suck at BRM. I don't know how many time I have cashed in a freeroll. The I take it up to $100 or so. Then I have a bad run and get stupid because it is "free" money. Then I have to start all over again. I have done that over and over. I have never been able to get on a good roll but I think ring games is what kills me.

marqha

marqha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play a tag style, low limit cash games have the least variance.
with a 100 bankroll, you would need to play $10 NL or ..10/.20 limit to start with and work your way up
SNGs and MTTs have much higher variance

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play and play freerolls only at first.
Accumulate around $20, then hit now real money tables.
Just participate at the lowest stakes available either cash or tourney.
Goodluck...

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suck at BRM. I don't know how many time I have cashed in a freeroll. The I take it up to $100 or so. Then I have a bad run and get stupid because it is "free" money. Then I have to start all over again. I have done that over and over. I have never been able to get on a good roll but I think ring games is what kills me.
For recreational players, poker isn't just about the money. If you choose to play above your roll and/or in games where you're -EV because doing so is somehow more enjoyable than exercising decent BRM, that's your prerogative. Just don't claim or tell yourself that winning money is your top priority if your actions show it's not.

GGC2912

GGC2912

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is sooo hard for me to even get close to be a player in the money (new term i just learn't from the lingo thread lol :p)

I loose pocket pairs and AK AQ hands easily to people who call on 10,4 and win :(

P

peowulf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is sooo hard for me to even get close to be a player in the money (new term i just learn't from the lingo thread lol :p)

I loose pocket pairs and AK AQ hands easily to people who call on 10,4 and win :(

Don't go all-in pre-flop against those maniacs unless you have Aces or Kings, especially if it's a cash game.

GGC2912

GGC2912

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't go all-in pre-flop against those maniacs unless you have Aces or Kings, especially if it's a cash game.

Fortunately for me, I have no money to deposit in the game, atleast for now.
Im just playing Freerolls, as many as i can get myself in :)

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanna make last deposit for few months .I need 30vpp for my bonus 10$.

And play only few times sng 1vs1 and tournaments 0,02-0,25 $, when i get profit jump to 0,10-0,50 $

and ofc play freerolls.

I forgot one thing - remember rival can get better hand than mine i mean you got flush rival get poker , quads, full house. Holdem manager its good program for help? Anyone using HM?

Last edited by a moderator:
Diogo Jorge

Diogo Jorge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to do my BR just playoing in freerolls. I hope to win some money without deposit. But if you have a nice BRM it is better to you control your winnings and dont lose your moment instantly, like you did. Control yourself. Sometimes it is really dificult but you must try

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management