Best tournaments for start playing

C

canh0las

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I'm newbie !
I play only on pokerstars and I use to play just freerolls like bankroll, cardschat, Hubble's, etc.
I earned about 8$ in these tournaments... Sometimes I want to play more than freerolls but I don't know what to play...
Some suggestions ?

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can play freerolls on Poker770, 888poker, TitanPoker. For beginners a good deposit bankroll without risk.

C

canh0las

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Who of them have more lucrative/fast freerolls ? On pokerstars I stayed always about 2/3 hours to win 5 cents ...

E

evilk9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try some low cent buy in Mtt's... some as low as $0.02 I believe.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well there are lot's of micro buyin sit n go's which you can try, they are a lot of fun. There is a 2 cent sng of around 1000 players but i wouldn't recommend playing that one. Instead the best options for you i would suggest are the 10 cent, 25 cent and 50 cent sit n go's. These can be found under the sit n go tab.
There are also a lots of low buyin mtt's but they are at a specific time of a day whereas you can register for a sng anytime round the clock.

P

pokieman04

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well there are lot's of micro buyin sit n go's which you can try, they are a lot of fun. There is a 2 cent sng of around 1000 players but i wouldn't recommend playing that one. Instead the best options for you i would suggest are the 10 cent, 25 cent and 50 cent sit n go's. These can be found under the sit n go tab.
There are also a lots of low buyin mtt's but they are at a specific time of a day whereas you can register for a sng anytime round the clock.

I agree here...definitely try low sit and go buy ins.. if you like those and do well try out some mtt that don't have to many runners around 100-200 people

Salvete777

Salvete777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should start with low mtt's, with buy-in like 0.50.
I've seen that someone told about $0.02 pokerstars tournament. These really sux and that's stupid to play these (only then if in your account is less than 10 cents.)... There biggest role play's luck, not a skill.

avibar

avibar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u can play the 0.50 45 man stng,and olso you have low mtts with less then a dollar buy in with alot of donks.gl

Sent from my BLADE III_IL using Tapatalk

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
u can play the 0.50 45 man stng,and olso you have low mtts with less then a dollar buy in with alot of donks.gl

Sent from my BLADE III_IL using Tapatalk
I see a lot of recommendations for the 45 man S'n'Gs in these forums, the majority of which seem to come from new members, and I am interested to understand this advice.

As I understand it, the variance on these MTT S'n'Gs is so much higher than on the STT ones that you restrict your chances of cashing by a large factor.

Can you please explain your reason for the suggestion? Is it just because of the larger number of donks and wouldn't that fact increase your chances of getting sucked-out on?

Please understand that this is not intended to be a criticism of your post. I genuinely am interested in the reason you made the suggestion.

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys, I'm newbie !
I play only on pokerstars and I use to play just freerolls like bankroll, cardschat, Hubble's, etc.
I earned about 8$ in these tournaments... Sometimes I want to play more than freerolls but I don't know what to play...
Some suggestions ?
I too play pretty much only freerolls. I play the same ones that you do on PokerStars although not the Hubbles, very often, I dislike the idea of playing for all that time to only get a ticket for another 3-4hr grind :).

I also play the similar ones on FTP pretty much every day.

I understand your desire to find other, quicker, games but if you really are a newbie to poker there are very few alternatives that will give you free opportunities to learn your craft. Of course if you have a little money available that you can invest, probably each month for the first 6 months or so, then by all means try some of the suggestions given by others. Last week-end I passed $250 just from playing freerolls (using the method outlined below). Admittedly it took some time but it has paid for good poker software e.g. a HUD, HEM2 in my case but Poker Tracker 4 is also very good, which also helps improve your play a great deal. I am now building a BR to try the S'n'Gs myself since I am too poor to invest my own money (read as 'too mean'). I've tried a few of the micro stakes S'n'Gs and they are just as full of the lucky donks as the freerolls, although I've cashed in a few (about 20%). because of these donks I am waiting until I have enough $$ to play at a little higher stakes.

If you still want to play freerolls then I have two suggestions.
First: search the interwebs for articles on freerolls. Use search terms such as "playing holdem freerolls" or "killing freerolls" or similar. Read as many of those you find as you can stand until you find one that makes sense to you and then use that method faithfully at first until your results start to improve (if following the plan doesn't help, first be honest with yourself and make sure you are following it faithfully and if you are then try one of the other ones you found) and then you can experiment a little. Always remember though, that if this makes your results worse, go back to the basics before trying another variation. This also applies if you decide on S'n'Gs, just substitute 'SnG' for 'freeroll' in the search term.
Second: try to find other sites that have freerolls with less players. Lots of people say that the freerolls on 888 are 'soft' although I have never had much luck there. Long time since I tried them though. Sites like betfair occasionally run freeroll series (don't think they are at the moment) and I had a fair amount of luck on there just by playing very tight. Before joining any other sites see if you can find 'free sign-up bonuses' through forums like CC (and the others that you mentioned) and then use those links to sign-up and get some free money to try the S'n'Gs with.

Particularly if you are going to invest money to try S'n'Gs do a lot of reading first. One series of articles that I have seen recommended frequently is the 'SnG Blueprint' series from http://www.sitandgoplanet.com/. Just follow that link and a pop-up will appear with a 'Send it to Me' button. Enter your email and click. Be aware that it comes in instalments (one every 4 days or so).

Whatever you decide, good luck. You have won some money, so you must be doing something right at least some of the time :D so keep on learning. Don't get discouraged when you suffer downswings, just analyze your play to see where you went wrong, if you did go wrong. That is another reason to get a HUD, they have excellent analysis facilities..

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can start with micro buyin tourney and move on from there.

S

Spongish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds good for me

I dont loose Mich, but still no. big win:cool:

S

Spongish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I gonna start With tournaments it hink

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have just $8 I would recommend to continue playing whatever freerolls your playing and have the fund your real$ games...Pokerstars has 0.11 and 0.27 turbo MTTs so that would be your only MTT options with the roll you currently have...your best option being a new player would be 0.25 45/90mans imo as they are 10min blind games so less variance and a great place to learn...wouldn't recommend playing turbos if your just starting out as that's a much different and more high variance game where newer players tend to make more mistakes

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend continue what youre doing until you accumulate at least $50.

Then by then you play those micro sngs and mtts as mention above with confidence.

razshahan

razshahan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can play 2c 990 player mtt or 10c 360 player mtt, but both of these two require mainly luck. but u can try out 25c 45/90 sng, these are really good games...:D

razshahan

razshahan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can play 2c 990 player mtt or 10c 360 player mtt, but both of these two require mainly luck. but u can try out 25c 45/90 sng, these are really good games...:D

U can find all these in pokerstars under the tab sitngo-multi table-micro

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In pokerstars, you can play some 10 cent sit and go with 360 entrant and some added money 10 and 25 cent too, this the best way to begin play buy in poker without taking a risk on your bankroll.
Also you can try other sites without like Titan Poker where you can play for free 3 sit and go with 6 entrant and pay the first 20 cent and the second 10 cent so you can build a decent bankroll

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
go for the 25cents sngs... DON'T play the 10 cents... they are aweful, and you will get sucked out too often and will give up hope lol

45man 25sng are very nice paced and you will play a lot of poker with it...

good luck

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I'm newbie !
Some suggestions ?

Play tournaments cents, type 2 cents, it is good that you go a little over the notion, because the tournament is free not spend anything to play, then the players play anyway, no standard out, what makes learning more difficult.

murko

murko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always said bank roll management is more important than "type" of game to play.
If a person would like to start a career (or semi) in poker I think the most important thing is to have patience and a steady bank roll. Playing cash games would probably be the best (and fastest) way of building that bank roll if you are good and improve your game and never ever play over your own ability.

Tournaments is a great way to vary your game and not to get stuck just playing cash games.

S

shaggy911

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tournaments with $1/$2 or more

JPoling

JPoling

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, jeez. If you play on Pstars and are good at MTT's I would be trying to hit big in those small ones like The Big .55 or whatever it is called.