Bankroll

E

erikr2910

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a good limit if my bankroll is about 2500. I don't want to play too high and take the risk of getting felted. I play only Hold-em. Thanks very much.

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you play? Cash, tournaments, or sng?

E

erikr2910

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play cash live, but im going to be playing only online now. There I would play mostly SNG, if safe id play cash.

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general it is said not ever play more then 10% of your bankroll...but i say to play the maximum 50 $ per tabel on chas table and in tournaments i sad to play maximun 25 $/35 $ per tournament....and SNG 25 $/50 $ on tournament....

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general it is said not ever play more then 10% of your bankroll...but i say to play the maximum 50 $ per tabel on chas table and in tournaments i sad to play maximun 25 $/35 $ per tournament....and SNG 25 $/50 $ on tournament....

2500 I would stick to .10/.25 cash and MTTS $5-20 and occasionally higher once in a while for solid tourneys. Def try to satty into bigger ones, as no one is generally rolled for most MTTs.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BRM isn't just about how many buyins you'd have in your BR at various levels. It's also about feeling comfortable at the level you usually play. So, while you can see a ;ot of talk about being able to move up to the next cash game level with 30 or even 20 buyins, there's nothing wrong with choosing higher numbers for yourself, or even with deciding not to move up for a while.

Given you're new to online, I suggest you start at the entry levels and see where your comfort level is, not just money-wise but also in terms of how you stack up against the competition.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you decide to play sit n go's the i would suggest 8$ 180 man turbo sng, 15$ 180 man turbo sng or the 35$ 180 man turbo sng. There are also some sng that are attractive like the 3.5$ 180 man rebuy turbo.

Cash games are safe but choose your table and stakes wisely and play according to your bankroll. You can definitely try medium stakes with your bankroll.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With that bankroll, I would say participate in the corner $20 buy-in sng ($25, the max).
Why? Because have to treat your present BR as one time deposit and no plans for reload/redeposit.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just responded to another post about the same subject.
Same ... Same really.

I use the same BRM across the board.

Whether its Fixed/Pot/NL, I just keep it standard.

I keep it pretty simple.

40 BI - for all Limit games
80 BI - NL Games.

Whether its Cashies, Sit-n-go's or Tourneys doesnt matter. I do the same for all & I know it's not the recommended for each, but its easy for me to remember.
wink.gif

edit: Note to self. I must love the word SAME.
And if you say it too many times, it starts sounding weird.

Just thought id share that with ya.

juanmapoker1

juanmapoker1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play the sunday storm $ 11 to give a good money
good luck!

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What is a good limit if my bankroll is about 2500. I don't want to play too high and take the risk of getting felted. I play only Hold-em. Thanks very much.

According to the rules of bankroll management , you have to play in cash games, where the limit is 1-5 % of your bankroll. Most comfortable for novice players will average percentage - 2%.
For example, if you decide to build your bankroll with a $ 2,500 deposit, you should not play in tournaments with a buy-in of $ 50 . In no case do not play in tournaments with a buy -in of $ 150 or $ 250! No need to repeat the mistakes which beginners career ended before he could even really begin. Climb the limits only if your bankroll reached the desired level. If you're standing on a step above, lost part of bankroll , stoop down and always follow this rule.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management