***August Micro SNG Thread***

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I see that most of the monthly threads are geared towards cash games and mtt so I figured since I hear that sng is a good way to build a bankroll and being a learning thread that this could help us..

So when we are being tight in the beginning of a sng "tight is right and tighter is righter" playing our cards keeping position in mind,we have plenty of time to study the other players.

I am hoping that someone can answer this question and we can discuss it but most important is how can we use this info in our games.

how do we put a calling range on a player? Is it figured on what they call preflop or postflop? How can we use this info later on in the higher blinds when the game gets to push/fold?

Hopefully we can get this thread going with the help of some advanced players so we can become better players we can promise not to play in the rooms that they do:D :D

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how do we put a calling range on a player? Is it figured on what they call preflop or postflop?

This is a huge subject to try and cover. The range pot gets filled with what opponents showdown, what similar opponents have shown, betting patterns, table position, tournament position, player notes and timing tells. Your hud is essential here, especially while multi-tabling.

How can we use this info later on in the higher blinds when the game gets to push/fold?

Another huge subject to cover. For me the biggest area that it helps in is calling BTN shoves while in the BB but holding marginalish hands like 88-55, KQ, KJ, AJ

Post the hands that you have problems with in the HA and let the forum help out.

Starting this month I am grinding on PS in the $5/$10 2-3 table SNGs. I'm using PT3 for my hud and Table Ninja as my AHK tool. I play sets of 4 games at a time. My goal for this month is 75 games.

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
using pt3 for sng do the stats hold up for players since at the end of the game it goes to push/fold? are there settings if you have played against them in other games what they have played? I thought pt3 was basically for cash games. I had the trial and really used it only to track my wins. Was playing mostly cash games

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
using pt3 for sng do the stats hold up for players since at the end of the game it goes to push/fold? are there settings if you have played against them in other games what they have played? I thought pt3 was basically for cash games. I had the trial and really used it only to track my wins. Was playing mostly cash games

You can't really put anyone on definitive ranges, it's more a tool to identify the general type of player. For example, you don't want to be shoving into someone that has been running at like 40/10 through the first 30 hands on the bubble without a very good hand. If someone is running like 0/0 over 15 hands, a sb steal is much more viable. Just general stuff like that.

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
¿What is table ninja? ¿What it does?

M

MFaith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not meaning to be simplify things, but the definitive book on your questions and more is Collin Moshman's Sit and Go Strategy.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I may have to increase my # of games goal for this month, already at 31 with 11 games tonight. Started out 0 for 4 but finished up 6 for 11. Got pretty hectic at one point when I was ITM on 4 tables at once :) Starting to recognize some of the regs now. Should be able to start taking some notes on them soon.

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well started a new roll on tilt thursday. Modest 30 dollar start(min deposit) so my 100 bonus could be activated. I am going to redeposit this week so I have at least 30 buyins at $2.25 ($70)..Had to start with what I had this week but its all good started new job:D :D . I am trying to get better at fullring and am playing sattys to daily dollar and am at 2/7 not very good.. went back to 6max turbo and started first seven games with 5 1st place wins:D but am back to earth and came out of da zone and am down to a roi of 28%..very small sample size hopefully it increases over time.

Question???? Does anybody notice a pattern on wins at different days and times?

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well started a new roll on tilt thursday. Modest 30 dollar start(min deposit) so my 100 bonus could be activated. I am going to redeposit this week so I have at least 30 buyins at $2.25 ($70)..Had to start with what I had this week but its all good started new job:D :D . I am trying to get better at fullring and am playing sattys to daily dollar and am at 2/7 not very good.. went back to 6max turbo and started first seven games with 5 1st place wins:D but am back to earth and came out of da zone and am down to a roi of 28%..very small sample size hopefully it increases over time.

Question???? Does anybody notice a pattern on wins at different days and times?

I seem to win more in the mornings to midafternoons. But, I attribute that more to being awake and intent on what I am doing.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not meaning to be simplify things, but the definitive book on your questions and more is Collin Moshman's Sit and Go Strategy.
^^
what he said!! If you want to improve your SNG game... pick this book up and read it.

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a lot of other books out there to read. ¿anybody can recomend one of this books?

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played one of those super turbos on Full Tilt on accident. Won it though for $15 :) I hate super turbos still however.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There's a lot of other books out there to read. ¿anybody can recomend one of this books?

Yes there are alot of other books out there on the market... BUT.. the thing is if you want THEE book for SNG play it is Collin Moshmann's book without question!!
In other words (basically) you won't be needing to read any of the others if you read Moshmann's book... they simply don't compare when it comes to SNG Strategy. It'd be like if you asked me... "I would like to read the bible... can you suggest another book to read instead of the Bible" (umm.... no.. just read the Bible).. <<< get it??

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
waiting on my sng "bible" to come hopes its here tomorrow. Im trying to release some of my full tilt bonus and have till the 5th only at $8.10 hoping to hit at least 20. Played in the sng madness this weekend not to well:mad: lost 12 str8 full and 6 max mixed turbo and reg fri and sat today won 2 out of 3 some days just dont fell it. I am thinking lack of discipline and indecision on how to play sometimes against different players hope this book gives me a gameplan. I want to build a solid foundation.

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wanted to get subscribed to this thread. I actually already tried but it turned out it was the Micro"Cash"game thread.LOL

Anyways Ive been having some pretty good success with the 45 person SnG on pokerstars. I usually play the $1.10 But I also sometimes play the $3.25 Ive had some luck with the 90 person SnG's too.

With the 90 you cant be quite as tight as in the 45's though.

Last Week of August Goal is to really turn it up and build back All Of, Plus Some, of my Bankroll. The last two days Ive been taking a beating. Im gonna sit out until tonight and try to regroup. Getting a headache anyway.

Well, Good Luck to everyone.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK since I'll be traveling on business at the end of the month, I won't be playing as much so I'm gonna offer to do some HH game reviews for fellow SNG players. My ROI over the last year for $5 2-table SNG has averaged 30%+ (some 1K games). I'm looking for SNG games in the $3-$5 2 or 3 table variety. Send me a PM with what your monthly volume is in # of games, average ROI and average ITM. I'll select some players and have them send me some games for review, I'll reveiw them and then send back my hand analysis.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played 6 x 6max SNG's today, never cashed in a single one, and i'd say at least 4/6 were either beats or lost flips in the late stages, including this beauty where i had 78% equity PF and still lost.

Minor good point is that while i was looking at this hand in my HEM to post up here i noticed that over 795 hands my HEM autorater has me as an eagle :D

Seems like i can't have 2 good days in a row lately, last night i played 6 and was ITM 66%, tonight i play 6 and ITM 0% :(

Full Tilt, $2.25 Buy-in (25/50 blinds) NL Hold'em Sit'N'Go, 4 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BB: 2,105 (42.1 bb)
CO: 3,550 (71 bb)
BTN: 1,760 (35.2 bb)
Hero (SB): 1,585 (31.7 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: Q:club:
CO folds, BTN calls 50, Hero raises to 150, BB raises to 500, BTN calls 450, Hero raises to 1,585 and is all-in, BB raises to 2,105 and is all-in, BTN calls 1,260 and is all-in

Flop: (5,105) K:heart: 7:diamond: T:spade: (3 players, 3 are all-in)
Turn: (5,105) 8:heart: (3 players, 3 are all-in)
River: (5,105) A:diamond: (3 players, 3 are all-in)

Results: 5,105 pot
BB showed A:heart: J:heart: (a pair of Aces) and won 2,553 (793 net)
BTN showed J:spade: A:club: (a pair of Aces) and won 2,552 (792 net)
Hero showed Q:heart: Q:club: (a pair of Queens) and lost (-1,585 net)

FML!!!

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surely this is something to take heart from.... right

Attachments

• eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 15
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never seen this thread until today. How could that happen?? lol

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey me too :) but I'm not you so yes how could that happen to you ???
been on vacation or what lol . should be a good thread if it keeps going :)

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just found this thread too. just started playing these SNGs at the $2.25 level at fultilt and am almost ready to try some $5.25 games. i hope we keep this thread going. i'm mostly doing STTs but play some MTT SNGs to complete the challenges at fulltilt. does anyone have any bankroll managment policies for SNGs they'd like to share? I love to hear them.