All in All the time?

A

Alex3733

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm fairly new to online poker tournaments. What is with the "All in" all the time mentality. How is it best to avoid this type of play? Should I just sit and wait? Any advice is appreciated. TY

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
best tactic is to stick to your guns, and wait until you get monster or good hand.
All in'ers, you can take that way out.
If you're new to the poker, you probably will be playing a lot of freerolls, where is this tactic more common to play buy some players, who think it will take them in short time to collect so many chips they can to be able to advance to ITM (in the money), but if you stick to solid game, you can even win few of those freerolls.

The other tactic is to play slow and wait until your time ends, then make your decision, to fold or go all in with good cards.
If you choose this tactic, they will get crazy and start calling your names, then you can disable chat, which will make them even more frustrating.

If you're new to the poker, online poker etc... I would recommend to read few articles on top of the page in Strategy Articles: https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php
and enjoy your stay here at CC.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The all-in move is very good for picking up a huge percentage to your chips.

Very often, especially when people are raising light we can 3B shove so wide and expect to pick up the pot a lot. The same goes for when we're getting short, shoving often adds such a huge amount to our stack.

Waiting is not the correct play though..there is just to much dead money in the pot we should be taking each spot we can to increase our stack.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm fairly new to online poker tournaments. What is with the "All in" all the time mentality. How is it best to avoid this type of play? Should I just sit and wait? Any advice is appreciated. TY

You no need wait, and the same shall be aggressive , if you stack less then 12bb you need go all in,

AlexandreDC

AlexandreDC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice:
Set "All in mode" on every time that your stack is less then 10bb.

K

kefir

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are at the beginning of the tourney with stack > 50 BB and notice a player who goes allin in every hand, make a happy dance, wait until you have TT or better and then call him happily.

With declining stack you should yourself go more allin. My rule is if stack less than 10BB and I am the first in the pot, I am all in with any half hand. Half hand= any suited connecctors+ anything with both cards > =10.

A

Alex3733

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for your good tips. I have to do some more online reading. I'm just don't think it's much of a poker game when you start with the all in stuff.

X

Xalorous

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
best tactic is to stick to your guns, and wait until you get monster or good hand.
All in'ers, you can take that way out.
If you're new to the poker, you probably will be playing a lot of freerolls, where is this tactic more common to play buy some players, who think it will take them in short time to collect so many chips they can to be able to advance to ITM (in the money), but if you stick to solid game, you can even win few of those freerolls.

The other tactic is to play slow and wait until your time ends, then make your decision, to fold or go all in with good cards.
If you choose this tactic, they will get crazy and start calling your names, then you can disable chat, which will make them even more frustrating.

If you're new to the poker, online poker etc... I would recommend to read few articles on top of the page in Strategy Articles: https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php
and enjoy your stay here at CC.
Burning your clock to slow down the play in order to tilt other players. You actually just recommended this? Might as well use a bullseye for your avatar. Some players, better than me and better able to control emotions, will maintain focus and just felt you so play can proceed at a natural pace.

Problem with this is that it will anger not only those who are in 'shove/fold' mode but everyone else.

When you are down to a certain stack size (< 12 BB for instance), common practice is to have a Shove or Fold strategy. Certain hands you shove, anything else you fold. It's called 'Short Stack Play' read about it here.

As for the rest, just play solid, conservative poker until rebuy period is over or the ones shoving have been eliminated or switched to conservative mode.

J

jrojsh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
great info here... thanks everyone. i hate donk downs but they are not going anywhere! patience in poker is a virtue fo sho!!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
another way to do it is to watch some training videos

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to get mad, now I adjust my play.

S

SamBush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What limit games are these that you are talking about? because micro limits they may be super wide by open shoving A7o?

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best tactic is waiting first 10 min for all donks out and then start play ;)
Agree that different way is to play max slow and wait until your time ends

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those players are just waisting their time by playing that tournament and it's 99% of the times on freerolls with a very big field of entrants.
It's frustrating but all you have to do is to wait to be dealt a good hands to push.
In the open skill league tournaments with 10k entrant i ever don't play the 15 first minutes cause it's always bingo time !!!

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No.Its bad idea.It isnt piker if everybody goes all in all the time

W

WShanor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loving the insights guys, specially the one about pushing all in at >10bb with suited connectors and two cards 10 and above. I'd usually wait for poc 7's+ AJ+ even at 10bb. though I'd loosen my range with being closer to the blinds ect.

alaz3r

alaz3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in or waiting card's you are going out :D same thing.