25nl 6max study Group

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been talking to Jurn and Kleitches about getting a study group together and Jurn had some good ideas for it so here is what we are proposing:

We would pick individual topics each week to cover. Every member of the study group would take hh's that personify the situation being discussed and send them to a to be determined person who would compile the hh's into a video. The compiler and at least one other person would then make a video commentary discussing the hands and how they were played well/ how they could have been played better etc.

That video will be uploaded and everyone can d'l it and discuss from there. I would like to keep discussion to guys playing 25 or 50nl for the first 3 or 4 days the vid is out so we can work stuff out on our own and then if you ssnl or msnl players wanna jump in then by all means you are welcome to.

Possible topics are

Preflop play
  • 3betting vs flatting ip
  • isolating limpers
  • stealing from cutoff and btn
  • defending your blinds: flatting oop vs 3betting.

Postflop play
  • cbetting
  • board textures
  • donking (i think this one is pretty uncovered territory for alot of micro guys
  • c/ring
  • general range discussion

Also things like 3betting light, dealing with certain villain types etc will be up for debate. We would most likely take a vote every sunday (or whenever the conversation dies down from the previous topic, dont want to rush any good talks) for the following week.

We are really only looking for like 2 more to fill in as we have 4 now and 6 is a good number of people I think. If you are interested in being a part of this group then post here (maybe a graph that your a winning player at a given stake over a decent sample so we know your serious about this). I'll talk to Jake about who the last two of our group will be and we can start from there. Hoping to start this this weekend or monday next week at the latest.

Also you higher up guys if you wanted to get involved you could take the same hh's we compile and do your own commentary for us to compare at the end of the week.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These topics are all things I'm really interested in. I'm properly rolled for 25nl, but I'm sticking to 10nl so far, so I may not qualify, but if you need someone to fill out the discussion, give me a shout.

Graph090309

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good idea.

The topics idea was running in the micro thread way back but ran out of steam, I think. But structured analysis and required vids would be cool.

If you have room I wouldn't mind being in, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be at 6 or 9 more this month. Most of the time I do some switching back and forth depending where I am on the spew/aggression impatience/patience grid.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty much clueless as to how to make videos, but I'm soo in it's ridiculous

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh and here are "credentials" or whatever you may call it. I didn't start off that well obv, but I've evened it out now and am running at 3BB/100 over ~13K hands at 25NL 6-max

edit: haha those horizontal lines are $25 each. Co-pilot's old program isn't awesome. and while I'm at it here are the basics for my game: 20/15/2.2 30% blind stealing, 26% WTSD, 52% Won @ SD, 3.97% 3bet pre

Attachments

• Picture 2.gif
    Picture 2.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 22
NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We would pick individual topics each week to cover. Every member of the study group would take hh's that personify the situation being discussed and send them to a to be determined person who would compile the hh's into a video. The compiler and at least one other person would then make a video commentary discussing the hands and how they were played well/ how they could have been played better etc.

I just read this part again.

1) If HH are being collected, stats should be included and maybe history/reads since they won't show if the isolated hand is shown

2) What about trying to get Chuck or Fredrick to do some video hand reviews as well?

Or, review by two or more people at the same time via Skype/TeamViewer? Kinda like Joe Tall's vids or the ones Balugawhale does with his ex-student/coaches on DC. Or is that what you meant to begin with?

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just read this part again.

1) If HH are being collected, stats should be included and maybe history/reads since they won't show if the isolated hand is shown

yes stats and reads should be included obv.

2) What about trying to get Chuck or Fredrick to do some video hand reviews as well?

BW0757 has agreed to do commentary but Chuck or Fredrick are more than welcome to do it as well.

Or, review by two or more people at the same time via Skype/TeamViewer? Kinda like Joe Tall's vids or the ones Balugawhale does with his ex-student/coaches on DC. Or is that what you meant to begin with?

thats actually what i said, as they compiler (guy who has the hh's) and another person will comment on the video they make. we will just switch who comments every week.

answers itp

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so preflop tendencies is our first topic, we first want to highlight what are people's preflop tendencies.

3bet alot
fold to 3bets alot
fold to steal alot
defend blinds too much
LC/fold to cbet - Iso raise talk
Squeezing maybe?

anymore ?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also what are some of the problem areas that people are having at 25nl, so we can address them and discuss?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so preflop tendencies is our first topic, we first want to highlight what are people's preflop tendencies.

3bet alot
fold to 3bets alot
fold to steal alot
defend blinds too much
LC/fold to cbet - Iso raise talk
Squeezing maybe?

anymore ?

Above are pf tendencies of villains, rather than our potential strategies? i.e., it's HUD analysis? Calling pfr's in vs out of position is something else I like to keep in mind, esp calling 3bets oop.

Is squeezing lighter common at 25nl, I don't remember? Think it really starts at 50nl but could be wrong?

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Above are pf tendencies of villains, rather than our potential strategies? i.e., it's HUD analysis? Calling pfr's in vs out of position is something else I like to keep in mind, esp calling 3bets oop.

Is squeezing lighter common at 25nl, I don't remember? Think it really starts at 50nl but could be wrong?

Some of the regs do it but they are the bad lags. most winning players at 25nl are the nits.