VISA and Carbon....

S

stevertrmurray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed a thread on here saying that Carbon wasn't depositing via visa anymore but....on the deposit screen its listing it as an option. Has anyone used VISA lately....I was about to go out and get a prepaid card to deposit....don't want to do that if its going to be a waste.

DaPirate

DaPirate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used VISA to deposit on FeltStars before they closed and I had to move my funds to carbon. I do see its an option on carbon now since they did the update to the cashier. Should work fine.

N

ndirish620

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did it a week ago and it worked just fine for me. If it doesnt work then it might be restrictions on your card

S

stevertrmurray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool thanks....I ended up not going to get one last night so I'll prbably go tonight!!!

S

stevertrmurray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so looking forward to not having to play with fun step and freeroll money!!LOL!! When I first got back on VISA wasn't accepted so its been a rough road playing with only a $1 here and there!!

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate to bump an old thread like this, but I have mastercard and just assumed it was acceptable. It turns out they don't accept Mastercard, so I sent Carbon support an e-mail about it and they told me an international Visa gift card would work just fine.

I never bought one of these before and was wondering how can you tell if they are internationally accepted.

Secondly, can you purchase them for any amount you want, like say 20 or 30 bucks like any other gift card?

Thank You in advance for any help anyone can offer me, I am so sick of playing step tournaments.

Cheevaman

Cheevaman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my visa stopped working so i tried an accountnow prepaid visa cause i heard that works.. but nope, still not able to deposit

M

maxima191

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They accept most Visa Debit Cards I use Cards with the Netspend logo on the back of the card cause a lot of cash checking place will deposit money on the card at the counter for a 2.00 fee

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It tends to be card/bank specific. Not all VISAs will work. I have one particular VISA CC that has always worked on every single poker site I've ever tried it at, and another that has never worked at any of them.

Years ago a lot of people used prepaid cards (I never tried), but then most of them stopped working too.

If you get a prepaid, you probably want to get one that is authorized for international transactions, as most of their payment processors are overseas from the US now. If not, then it almost certainly won't work.

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
okay thanks for the information, I will certainly be checking this out.

M

maxima191

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Debit cards related to NetSpend work :stickyman

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As of yesterday (12-16-12) when I chatted to Carbon Live Support, the ONLY deposit they are accepting is WU or MG. Even tho the main deposit page says VISA, and the Terms and Conditions page says both VISA and MC.

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah I just tried to make a deposit using MC, of course it didn't work. This is really getting frustrating.

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
finally broke down and decided to do visa credit card, Carbon support told me that MC is not accepted there and that was the reason I was denied.

they also said as long as its a visa credit or debit card that is internationally accepted, it should go through and it did for me, so I'm happy to announce that I don't have to play step tournaments anymore.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as I'm aware, US-issued MC hasn't worked for years at any poker sites. Euro MC does of course. VISA has really been the only CC/debit option for some time, and I've always had good luck with mine.

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
visa CC is what I used at pokerstars when i played there too, but I have switched to MC since those days now I guess I will carry both.