Any U.S. Poker sites that take visa gift cards?

T

ThatsNasssty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone I was just wondering if you know any u.s. sites taking visa gift cards. I'm looking but can't find any.

ryhailey

ryhailey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All if it is an international visa gift card.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

B

BCrush

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem. I use to play at Fulltilt and bodog. I am still at Bovada (formerly Bodog). When Black Friday came and FT was shut down and I still had money in my account, I paniced! So I thought Bodog was next so I took all my money out of Bodog. Now of course, my old cc doesn't work there. I still play there for free and chatting with some players, they say netspend cards will work there sometimes but I have not tried it.

D

detourglr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
before black friday I used gift cards. They had to be International but most say US Only. After Black friday, I couldnt find any international gift cards, So I had to use Western union.
This is a guess on my part but I think some banking regulations changed for international transaction.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think any gift cards currently work on sites. I have heard, not tried it myself, that the green dot cards work, not the reload packs you buy in a store, but he ones you actually get in the mail with your name on it. It seems to be off and on though from threads I have been reading

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been able to use a Walmart prepaid Visa to deposit on a couple Merge sites, and Bovada. haven't had anyone turn it down.

C

computerguy4783

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Netspend cards DO work for bovada and betonline. Only reason i picked up the card

cat24550

cat24550

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi, I have been able to use walmart prepaid visa on most sites with no problems. You can get one at walmart or using internet order online. then you can add to it whenever you want. works great. cat24550

ryhailey

ryhailey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi, I have been able to use walmart prepaid visa on most sites with no problems. You can get one at walmart or using internet order online. then you can add to it whenever you want. works great. cat24550

I was curious to this. Are they the gift cards or the green dot card where you can reload and have direct deposit to them? Because I know the venial visa cards don't work for international transactions, but the green dot card is more like a debit card where you can use it a atm and have direct deposit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

I

ibsiegel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as the gift cards go....... I was in search of one and finally read the fine print even on the ones that don't say Us use only...... It stated as of April 2012 it is illegal to use gift cards for international purposes..... so i didn't buy it..... It seemed kind of odd because the package states "perfect for online gaming" they must be talking about regular games not poker......

However, if you have a Chase account you can call the fraud prevention line and have the International Purchase hold temporarily removed to complete your deposit.
The best way to do this is try and deposit... let it decline it and make sure you write down the processing companies name when it is declining. Then call the fraud department and tell them you are trying to make a purchase on for the exact amount including the processing fee from the "processing company name" and ask them to remove the hold so you can complete your purchase. I have made deposits at Bovada this way.

Hope that helps

SuperDaveUp1

SuperDaveUp1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To anyone having problem depositing since Black Friday i have worked through these problems already, really very easy Cake Network,ACR,and really every other one i have used Net Spend,Ace Elite Net Spend AffIliate ,Account Now. Most prepaid cards only let you use in us market accept these 3 i know for sure work,after about 20-30 times depositing every now and then it will lock after that then just instant transfer to Ace or vice versa for free,few days the other will begin to work again they are out of texas, you can use them internationally {unlike GREEN DOT CARDS} like wall mart or any of there cards will not work only american market. ever since 911 and terriost act and of course Black Friday. You can put money on- get this Speedway,Super Americas,CVS,HEB grocery FREE,wallgreens, ,and money gram,or western union's $3.99. oh yeah gas station at Wall Mart's trust me it works, tell them David Lane refered you. if you dont mind.ty

Last edited:
A

Az4zel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread needs to be updated because a new law went through i believe in march where most giftcards no longer accept international purchases. By using a giftcard on an online gambling site, like bovada, carbon poker, ect. The card needs to accept international purchases. And after the law passed in march i don't believe any do.

I thought Green dot would work i have one of those cards. But just went to there website and it says it cannot be used for online gambling.

So there are a lot of posts on this thread that were posted before this law went into affect, meaning the cards worked then but don't now. So it should be updated so new people looking for answers are not misleaded.

I am currrectly trying to find a card to use for carbon poker, and i have had no luck, If some finds one that works for Bovada and carbon poker it would be much appreciated.

Can i use western Union for carbon? how much does it cost, and whats the min you can put on there.?

I gotta say this new law makes things really difficult for me. Why can't i juse use a card!. lol thanks
-Adam

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is some great info here. I was just thinking of going To Wal-Mart and buy a Gift Card for my favorite poker site. Glad I read this thread. Thanks for the post. :)

pokertoi

pokertoi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone I was just wondering if you know any u.s. sites taking visa gift cards. I'm looking but can't find any.

The reason they don't take the gift cards are because you have to use a card with your name and billing address attached to it. Gift cards do not have that option. I use a green dot prepaid card for depositing, but make sure it's a Visa prepaid card, Master card will not work. Hope this helps.

pokertoi

pokertoi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To anyone having problem depositing since Black Friday i have worked through these problems already, really very easy Cake Network,ACR,and really every other one i have used Net Spend,Ace Elite Net Spend AffIliate ,Account Now. Most prepaid cards only let you use in us market accept these 3 i know for sure work,after about 20-30 times depositing every now and then it will lock after that then just instant transfer to Ace or vice versa for free,few days the other will begin to work again they are out of texas, you can use them internationally {unlike GREEN DOT CARDS} like wall mart or any of there cards will not work only american market. ever since 911 and terriost act and of course Black Friday. You can put money on- get this Speedway,Super Americas,CVS,HEB grocery FREE,wallgreens, ,and money gram,or western union's $3.99. oh yeah gas station at Wall Mart's trust me it works, tell them David Lane refered you. if you dont mind.ty

Hi Dave, what part of Ohio are you from? I'm in Cleveland.

D

dukeblue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello everyone!

this is my first post so howdy! Just a recent update for everyone, on full flush you can use the green dot visas. you have to wait for your personalized one to come in the mail but once it arrives and you activate it you can make a deposit on full flush

2ndLifeToLive

2ndLifeToLive

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use greendot for greyhounds n horses at 2 different sites n they give you the purchase price back if you deposit more then 100$
Did not know that FF took them as well

123andyp123

123andyp123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont know about gift cards,but I do know that FF and Bovada both accept prepaid visa .Its the only way i deposit .Dont trust these sites today with my full banking information.So i just load like 55 bucs on my prepaid card then deposit 50 bucs,no problems doing it this way ever !

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to get an international visa card that said you would have to go through net teller which charges a monthly fee also the card must be registered to your home address I for one only do WU