$16 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Make the guess - Early stage deep stack spot

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make a guess, Hero no hole cards.
We're early stage in a 16$ normal mtt on pokerstars.
Info on Hero are close to 0 coz this is the 1st hand he's actively involved in.
Utg+2 was giving pretty much action at the table, it was clear, even though we are quite early stage.

Guess Hero range or Hero hand or try to explain (if y want) the thinking process behind the hand so wat bring you to say what y re about to say.

y can guess whatever you want from Hero to Villian range/cards

I hope y enjoy the format :D

poker stars $15.00+$1.50 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 9 players -

SB: t2715 135.75 BBs
BB: t2990 149.50 BBs
UTG: t2950 147.50 BBs
UTG+1: t3490 174.50 BBs
UTG+2: t3290 164.50 BBs
MP1: t3030 151.50 BBs
MP2: t2225 111.25 BBs
CO: t2970 148.50 BBs
Hero (BTN): t2970 148.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BTN with [XX]
2 folds, UTG+2 raises to t60, 2 folds, CO calls t60, Hero raises to t240, 2 folds, UTG+2 calls t180, 1 fold

Flop: (t570) 6 J Q (2 players)
UTG+2 checks, Hero bets t399, UTG+2 calls t399

Turn: (t1368) 2 (2 players)
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks

River: (t1368) 9 (2 players)
UTG+2 checks, Hero bets t2331 all in, UTG+2 folds

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly u did not mention anything about the face of the deck cards like whether its spade or diamond or club or hearts...
Without taking that in to consideration, seeing how the hero played, i would like put the hero on AA or KK....this assumption is based on the way the hero raised 4x of the bet perlfop and bets post flop almost 80% of the flop...then limping on turn, before shoving post river...probably he had a overpair..AA or KK...what u think

ping.php
var __chd__ = {'aid':11079,'chaid':'www_objectify_ca'};(function() { var c = document.createElement('script'); c.type = 'text/javascript'; c.async = true;c.src = ( 'https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://z': 'http://p') + '.chango.com/static/c.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(c, s);})();

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
random guess you have T8s...

i dont think he's got AA, KK, AQ AJ or QQ here, possibly QQ actually, but the others likely get it in on the turn.

R

rw11687

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guessing 99. The turn check is odd for hero and makes the flop look like a c-bet that missed. But the 9 on the turn hit the set and the shove was in hopes of making the V think you were bluffing and calling you with a Jx hand.

sj_pi

sj_pi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guess : KTs

that could be the reason hero checked on the turn card.

hero knew he had position and was chasing straight?

joker131

joker131

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks like JJ to me raises 8x bb. preflop. utg AK,AQ. HERO then checks the turn thinking UTG2 may have hit the Q , and got the best hand JJJ. hoping UTG2 will raise the river or even shove knowing he has the best hand to cash in

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff your chck on turn and overbet river makes no sense at all

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ+,AK, or maybe KT ... On the river, you either have a very strong hand or you missed completely. That check behind on the turn makes me think you missed, so AK could be the hand you have. And since villain is checking all the way, you now assume he has air also and you bluff your way out by making a big bet, try to scare him. You might even think that your AK is good here too.
Either that, or you hit a strong hand like trips or a straight (With KT). You could have made that preflop reraise with KT against a villain who you said yourself gave much action already so you assume he is playing loose and you are in position.

E

EmmanuelM3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your questions lacks information.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero has 27o

Sent from my awesome Cardschat SMC reward,Galaxy tab 3 8.0 using tapatalk 😆

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think hero has AK and checked the turn after his Cbet failed, and then bluffed at the river once villain showed weakness on 2 streets.

If that is the case, then a smaller river bet would accomplish the same thing if you think your opponent has nothing.

My 2nd guess is that hero has a set of Jacks or a set of Queens and checked the safe-ish turn to induce river action.

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dunno why there are no suits on the cards... dont remenber now -sry but they were not relevant

Bluff your chck on turn and overbet river makes no sense at all
exactly. I posted coz I was so surprised he didnt called with Ace high or whatevr he had.

Villain asked me if I had monster.

I could not see the sense in that hand so I posted to see with that action what people here think of the perceived range/hand.

I would have snapcalled myself in his shoes and he folded and declare a strong hand... wtf . so I posted...>>am I missing something?? i said myself