$1.50 NLHE STT: Villian flat calls AK preflop and flop nuts.

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2749648 Regular 9 handed $1.50

Villian solid tag
Hello, How Would you play this hand and why? What do you think of my play

Shove on the turn because villian overbet the pot ( My assumption is that most players don't bet big with nuts because they don't want to scare opponents).
Turn shove also becuase I was going to get calls from many worse hands like JK, TK, KQ, AJ or AQ but also there are few hands that beat me like 98 QT QJ AK.

Difficult decision.

After the hand he says that he normally 3 bet AK preflop.

Thank you

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't post results, if you want real analysis, post hands which we don't know what happened. Personally i always do this even if i know the result, but it can skew peoples perceptions of the hand, even if i try not too..

in regards to the hand, IF he stacks off here as light as you say, then it might be a good spot to get all the chips in. However we're already in a really good position here, so it's actually better in general to show caution in these spots.

Personally unless i knew there was a very high likelihood that he was a fish, then i'd be looking to play this one cautiously, as i suspect most players would not raise/bet turn big with just a one pair hand, so theres a few hands we beat and they can still easily outdraw us with getting a better two pair or hitting their straight, and there are plenty of hands that have us beat.

So while it's kinda tough to laydown the two pair here, i think on the turn we kinda have to fold as i just don't think someone bluffs here that often when that board smashes his range of hands he might call with preflop. So i'd likely opt to make a hero-fold on the turn and live to fight another day with a still really good chip stack and position. However if he's a known fish, i'd be playing this exactly like you did.

Oh, and big bets from players are actually usually signs of big hands, just a general thing, it's not always the case just most often it is.

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would put him on something like KQs. Unless you had some history with the guy of him overcalling with relatively weak hands (top pair and a draw sort) I wouldn't be so quick of stacking him. Surely he can call with something like 98s, which is something even I do in the right situations.

AK would be the least of my worries here. I wouldn't normally stack bottom two on this board, I'd go for 2 streets of value and check-call the river. But if you had something on the guy, like he could stack-off with weak hands, then your best bet is to shove like you did. You were just unfortunate enough to run into the top of his range.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant get away with that hand. Have to pay him off.

Just unlucky he has the goods from the start.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Straight draw flop makes your 2 pair much weaker right out of the gate. Proceed with caution. I would check for pot control and hopefully free card that makes my full house.