Posting replies in the HA forum.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing is one line responses are plain rude, and annoying. We need to know when a hand is posted your reasonings behind your opnions, because we are posting here to learn, to get some other thougsht and to help each other out.

A reply like "Fold you 22 pre-flop is bad"

A similar reply like "Fold you small pair pre-flop, your not getting implied odds here, you need to be getting 12/1 here to play this hand profitably, his stats are very tight, and you have to assume that your playing agaisnt a very good short-stack player, he seems to be a reg and knows our hand ranges , we simply can't play back here" is better.

Try to give your reasoning to why you would make your play before you answer. Always have a reason, ask why, and answer it. If you are unsure yourself of how a hand is being discussed there is no shame is coming on and asking "Why did you call here, I don't understand" yourself. We are all here to learn, lets use this forum in the way its supposed to be used.

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THANK YOU LIAM.

This is really starting to bug me and although this is a great post I don't expect much to change, as usual.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very well writen tenbob
maybe this could be stickied so that it wont be lost over time

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind people writing 1 line posts. I take them for exactly what they're worth (usually nothing). Sometimes they add a small amount of support for an argument. Maybe I'm just used to the random spammy 1-liners, but they just don't bother me :|

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with this, also cliches that don't mean anything "standard [anything]" or "got [x], have to raise". If they posted in the HA section they obviously don't think it was standard or that it was obvious, so even if it's obvious to you try to explain it.

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can I also add a request, when posting hands please remember to put the blind level in your thread title. Most people do, but some don't, and the CC converter has a bug that always lists the blinds as $0.00/$0.00, and occasionally it's difficult to figure out.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better yet, don't post the result of the hand. The point of a hand analysis is how you played the hand, not how the hand came out. Don't be results oriented.