$55 SnG AK rereraised and rereraised allin

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played a couple of hands in the blinds and not seen the turn yet.

Eagle man is 50% VPIP over 18 hands and 25% pfr, pasayes is 16% VPIP this is the first time he's raised preflop.

WhaddaIdo?

***** Hand History for Game 5713389658 *****
NL Texas Hold'em 55 Buy-in Trny: 31983220 Level: 2 Blinds(30/60) - Monday, February 26, 16:04:29 ET 2007
Table Table 125740 (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: osanit99 ( 2230 )
Seat 5: Jay_Pea_ ( 3200 )
Seat 6: kimmcnamara ( 1710 )
Seat 7: uidiot888 ( 1880 )
Seat 8: Bhgr51 ( 1940 )
Seat 10: jacob126b38 ( 2560 )
Seat 9: Irexes ( 1760 )
Seat 2: pasyes ( 1800 )
Seat 3: Eagle_Man111 ( 2920 )
Trny: 31983220 Level: 2
Blinds(30/60)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Irexes [Kd] [As]
Irexes raises [160]
jacob126b38 folds
osanit99 folds
pasyes raises [600]
Eagle_Man111 is all-In [2920]
Jay_Pea_ folds
kimmcnamara folds
uidiot888 folds
Bhgr51 folds
Irexes ??

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm... I'd say fold if we knew pasyes was going to call, because really we're not in great shape with AK vs two other reraise and all in-worthy hands. But there's a chance he might fold if we call and we can get HU with the maniac...weird hand goin on here...

OK ranges as I see them:

Irexes (utg): {AQ+, TT+}

pasyes (MP to utg raise): {AK, QQ+ maybe JJ or TT}

Eagle_Man111 (MP-LP to utg raise, MP reraise): {Who knows, he's a maniac}

Meh...I think I could go either way. Was eagle man making reraises like this or just raising a lot as first in? Of course raising as first in is completely different from big rereraises like this. Just because they're maniacs doesn't mean they can't wake up with a hand...

I say fold, but in the heat of the moment against a super-aggressive player like this, I think I gamble.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theres also the first raiser left to act and he reraised 1/3 his stack so hes prob calling too and he prob has a strong hand to reraise but didnt go allin. Id fold. DOnt have much in hand

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. You have to believe that at least one (maybe both) of the opponents has a big pair. The best you can expect is a coin-flip for your whole stack.

Wait for a better spot.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd pitch it, being deepstacked. Against a re-raise you're probably not a favourite. Vs a re-raise and push you're almost certainly up against a big pair or splitting with another AK.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excllent, thanks all. I folded. First guy called and turned TT, Eagle (the maniac) had AQ.

Given the number of times you see someone call here with AK I was wondering what the thinking was.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eww, yucky spot.

Eagle donk doesn't concern me here - he could have a monster or he could be shoving with two pretty cards. We're ahead of his range. The fact that a seemingly tight-passive player has raised our UTG raise absolutely terrifies me though. The key question in this sort of situation is to look at the tight player and ask "Would he do this with AQ?" Obviously he repops with AA-KK which crush you and probably QQ-JJ which are flipping with you, but the key to this is if he would repop with AQ it is correct to call because we're ahead of the lagdonk's range, and roughly even with the tighter player's range. With the extra money from the lagdonk in there though, we can relatively happily call.

If we're completely crushed by the tighter player's range though, we can probably fold despite lagdonk's money being in there.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I absolutely agree with that analysis DM. Once AQ is eliminated from his range it makes things simpler. Only remaining issue is, does maniac provide enough equity to affect the decision?

Probably not.

R

rivertapped

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. Just too likely you're sharing aces with others and won't improve to beat the high PP's.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
too likely you're sharing aces with others

Good point, which the rest of us hadn`t really considered. Given the betting, it`s highly likely that the opposition are holding one or more of your outs.

C

chevanater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd fold as well. AA KK and your done