WSOP $50,000 HORSE Final Table

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched the ESPN version of the Final Table of the $ 50,000 Horse tournament last night (August 19, 2008). I just wanted to get anyones and everyones feedback on the unsportmanlike and unprofessional conduct by the final three players. The Kid, DeMichele (sp) antics early were quiet over the top as far as I am concerned. However, the language used by Scotty N. was absolutely horrifying. I use to love to watch Scotty play and his down fall last year at the main event was crushing to me. However, that is no excuse for his behavior at this final table no matter how bad he wants to win. Then later on when Eric L. got into it with Scotty I thought I had seen it all. Scotty is a talker, but Eric keep goating Scotty and when them two went at it. I thought the table was going to explode. These two gentlemen (maybe not) are true poker professionals and no how to conduct themselves. I do agree with Eric last comment and that was you can not beat a drunk.

Anyone want to comment?
icon5.gif

Last edited:
Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that Eric nor DeMichelle did anything wrong what so ever. I have seen people get more excited over winning than he did. As far as Eric, he did what I would have done, kept his cool and was doing his best (and quite well) at getting under the drunk Scotty's skin.

vincemcnabb

vincemcnabb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I think Michael and Erick did nothing wrong really....Scotty was just being a lunatic in my opinion...I think he's losing a lot of respect from fellow poker players

gnk2727

gnk2727

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think when Scotty watches it, and realizes what he did he will prolly apologize. He prolly also wont get so drunk next time either.........

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I watched this earlier. Scotty's behaviour was completely out of order. If I was on the table I'd have asked the TD to do something about it.

Eric behaved really well I thought.

The 23 yo (can't spell his name) was a little out of order at the start, but I think by seeing Scotty's behaviour he realised he was somewhat like that himself and started to behave. You can let him off for being young and it being a learning experience, but Scotty has no such excuse.

Was sad to see what the pros consider the most prestigious event degenerate into what it did.

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i lost a lot of respect for Scotty...he came of as a childish drunk

i can't believe the way he conducted himself and i thought DeMichele handled himself really well after Scotty's crap

+rep for DeMichele

not so much for Scotty

P

playme1979

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He acted like a total douche bag , that was totally uncalled for the way he treated eric or denichele

earache

earache

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw hos scotty was acting but he did play good poker and got lucky at the same time. he(scotty) got in their heads. congrats to scotty on the win. dont hate the playa hate the game.

i do agree that he was obnoxious and was uncalled for but it did work.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lmao tbh, but I think I would have done the same thing as the other two and got frustrated...that was a lot of money, and probably more important too the other two....scotty looked like he was just playing another high stakes cash game

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
scotty caught card, but everyone seems to forget scotty won! i was really pulling for lindgren hard to get close to even with scotty. he would've won like he said.

nguyen acted like a maniac.

PopeNegro

PopeNegro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was kinda hard to watch at times, with Scotty complaining and berating DeMichele about having a "horseshoe up his ***" and then winning it all when he got lucky on the river to make a better two pair. Why Scotty. Why!?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, seen the full ESPN coverage now.

I saw hos scotty was acting but he did play good poker

I dunno if I agree with that at all. Obviously we only saw a very, very limited selection of the total hands played, but Scotty made some awful plays in the ones that were covered. And that's before we get to the hands that were basically just chip dumping to Lindgren.

I've always been a Scotty fan. Watching that was... unpleasant. I guess part of it is because I know that often, that final table is what a lot of poker is really like - in a lot of ways, it was probably one of the closest to reality games you're likely to see. I'm rambling. But still, it wasn't fun to watch. I think I prefer to read about this kinda stuff on DrPauly rather than actually have to sit through it.

Beavis68

Beavis68

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the reason scotty pissed Erick off so much is because scotty was bitching at Erick for not colluding with him. Scotty said he bet to help protect Erick's hand. This is why Erick said he was not on team Scotty. That was really shitty of Scotty.

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the reason scotty pissed Erick off so much is because scotty was bitching at Erick for not colluding with him. Scotty said he bet to help protect Erick's hand. This is why Erick said he was not on team Scotty. That was really shitty of Scotty.

If I was D'Mc, I would've really had to question this situation as well as when Scotty folded the pocket A's and said he was giving it to EL. This was very uncool in a rather high stakes tourney like this. Scotty could have (should have) taken EL out when he had the A's and that would've left him and D'Mc heads up and close(er) to even stacks.

KevGuy

KevGuy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i totally agree with you, but this is what happens when alcohol is brought into the equation.

B

baby kahuna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scotty has written a letter of apology to the fans. Go to cardplayer to read it.

WSOP