WSOP 2009 Main Event Final Table Winner

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
The 2009 wsop main event final table (playing in November) is one of the most interesting ones yet, mainly because of one player:

Phil Ivey

Let me just say if he can pull off a victory, not only will he become a hero on par with Superman himself, but it would be HUGE for poker, and most likely great for every single person on this forum.

So I would like to say: Phil Ivey, WSOP Winner 2009! IMO

Looking for the actual final WSOP 2009 main event results? See the Spoiler thread: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/wsop-2009-final-table-spoilers-164325/index7.html

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I gotta go against the odds and agree. Ivey's playing style in tournaments carries him to the final table when it doesn't bust him early, and he has so many wins under his belt (plus momentum from this WSOP) that him taking this down is not a far fetch'd idea at all.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep in mind that he's got millions in side bets (unless he's let everyone buy out of them) riding on the outcome in addition to the tournament prize money.

So he oughta be a pretty motivated individual come November :p

Velutha

Velutha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the situation (disregarding chip counts) will really be in Ivey's favor. He won't be awestruck by the situation and won't be nit'ing it up trying to move up a place or two (of course that could mean he bounces early).

I'm pulling for him, while a secret part of me wants to see what Schulman would do if he won the bracelet...garbage?

L

losts0ul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm rooting for IVEY all the way, him being there just shows his skill. He's not only a great poker player, but at the same time he is putting up one hell of a show for us.

S

Sportsmenc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bookmakers give 150:1 to Ivey. And he is a favorit.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - would love to see him take this down!!

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree I'd love to see him pull this off but isnt he pretty short stacked?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His chip count is low and that has to be a worry, but hell, its Phil Ivey :D

Did Norman Chad bet on him this year or is he going nuts because its the first year he hasnt lol :D

*If not Phil - go James Akenhead, a Brit with a great surname :top:

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He has done most of the hard work now and though his chip count is low I think his confidence will be high. A win for Ivey would for sure put him as one of the greatest players in history, and as people have said make hime way more richer, nevermind the 1st place prize the prob bets will be crazy.

Gus Hansen has a small section in his book breaking down the types of prop bets they usally do with each other which is quite intresting.

undone

undone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Phil Ivey.. i love watching him play online and offline.. i am so excited he made it! this is going to be great! but it makes me mad we have to wait to nov. to watch him dominate!

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go Phil Go

I definately agree this can be awesome for poker if Phil can take this down.A few double ups and he is on his way!

Snow :cool:

E

Ernster86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So stupid that the final table is in November. They need to play in the here and now, what rubbish.

But yeha Go Phil Ivey:)

K

kevkojak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who's the clown that said they'd chuck the bracelet if they won the final table? Anyway...Him to win! I'll be there to catch it for him!
Something to do with exclusive coverage deals. My mate was telling me about it in the pub last night.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree I'd love to see him pull this off but isnt he pretty short stacked?

He's 7th in chips with 9,765,000. The blinds will be 120,000/240,000 w/ 30,000 ante when they resume. So he has roughly 40 bbs. Plenty of room to work with.

K

kevkojak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has Ivey never taken down the main event? Seems like he's just been around forever, cant believe he's not won it before. Anyone know how many bracelets he holds? Won a couple this series hasn't he? Lowball or stud or some such. lol

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has Ivey never taken down the main event? Seems like he's just been around forever, cant believe he's not won it before. Anyone know how many bracelets he holds? Won a couple this series hasn't he? Lowball or stud or some such. lol

He won his very first bracelet in 2003, and he's now at 7. It's the quickest acquirement of bracelets tied with Johnny Moss I think. And yeah, he won 2 bracelets this year :)

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ivey is one of my fav pros, so I hope he will win it. :)

JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey either makes it to at least heads-up or goes busto first IMO.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 2009 WSOP main event final table (playing in November) is one of the most interesting ones yet, mainly because of one player:

Phil Ivey

Let me just say if he can pull off a victory, not only will he become a hero on par with Superman himself, but it would be HUGE for poker, and most likely great for every single person on this forum.

So I would like to say: Phil Ivey, WSOP Winner 2009! IMO

1x so i can finally win a bet against blanko!!!!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey winning the ME would suck for poker.

Who to u think winning would attract more fish/new players to poker, Phil Ivey, one of the most regonized faces in poker or some Joe nobody that qualified online?
Joe nobody beating Ivey HU for the ME braclet would cause a mini Moneymaker boom imo.
Where as Ivey winning might scare some new players away since they would realize sooner that poker is a game of skill.

But hell im still rooting for Ivey :).

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
or convo's wil go,

'did you hear ivey won the Main event?'
'Oh i've heard of phil ivey, but whats the main event'
'blah blah blah'
'wow hes that rich, maybe i should try poker'

mattj15

mattj15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be rooting for Ivey for sure. I think it would be great for poker to finally have a pro take it and show skill > luck.

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Even though he's on a shorter stack coming into the final table, he's still a favorite, haha. I'm pulling for him.. I was hoping either Ivey or Jesus would win this year (my two fav players :) ).

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO Ivey is unstoppable at this point.
He has alot of ground to cover but he will do it.
He is not human he is a full tilt machine borg.

Winner Poker WSOP