Why Poker Players Should Get to Know Gary Johnson.

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gary Johnson is the former two-term Governor of New mexico, a Republican candidate for President, and a long-time defender of personal freedom.

And that freedom includes your right to play online poker.

Governor Johnson has strongly condemned the federal crackdown on online poker, arguing that the right to assume risk and to gamble (in the privacy of one's own home, no less) is a basic right that should not involve the government.

Governor Johnson has issued the following statement: “Government has absolutely no business telling Americans what they can do with their own time and their own money on their own computers, and that most certainly should apply to playing poker online. The fact that Americans are now prevented from playing online poker is an outrage. Unfortunately it is but another chilling example of how Congress and the Justice Department continue to trample on our personal liberty.

“As President, I will do everything in my power to restore your right to play online poker, and ensure that such a right can never be taken away again.”

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He also believes that marijuana should be legalized and the drug war ended!

G

genleemb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you cut and paste that from 2+2 nvg? that's where I read it first

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe. Is that allowed? The title is different, but the article itself is by Gary Johnson.

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why Poker Players Should Get to Know Gary Johnson
American poker players perhaps; I really couldn't care less about some American politician, and I definitely don't want to get to know him.

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
American poker players perhaps; I really couldn't care less about some American politician, and I definitely don't want to get to know him.
Then there was probably absolutely zero reasons for you to comment on this post. Not all posts are for everybody. If it applies to you, then great. If not, then why bother even wasting your valuable time commenting on it?

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He also believes that marijuana should be legalized and the drug war ended!
That is what is going to bite him in the ass IMO. But in reality, he isn't even a contender if you look at the polls, in fact, most of the polls don't even show him.

I'm guessing you're not much of a grinder then because the absolute majority of the poker players I know that are outside the US want us to come back because of the increased traffic that there will be. Even if it's only going to add a couple hundred frequent players to your stakes, that is going to give you some more action... Online poker in the US is better for everyone.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Maybe. Is that allowed? The title is different, but the article itself is by Gary Johnson.
You should not copy/paste content from anywhere without listing or linking your source.

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should not copy/paste content from anywhere without listing or linking your source.
Sorry about that. But like I said, it was Gary Johnson's words, not an actual article by them. If it IS allowed, then I will make sure to say where I got the info, if it ever happens again.

And to be fair to the other guy, maybe it should have said "Why U.S. poker players should get to know G.J."

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm guessing you're not much of a grinder then because the absolute majority of the poker players I know that are outside the US want us to come back because of the increased traffic that there will be. Even if it's only going to add a couple hundred frequent players to your stakes, that is going to give you some more action... Online poker in the US is better for everyone.
I didn't say that I don't want US players back, I said that I'm not interested in getting to know an American politician. If American politicians are anything like our politicians then what they do after they are elected will bear very little resemblance to what they promised when they were trying to con you into voting for them

How can you tell when a politician is telling lies? It's easy, their lips move ;)

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't say that I don't want US players back, I said that I'm not interested in getting to know an American politician. If American politicians are anything like our politicians then what they do after they are elected will bear very little resemblance to what they promised when they were trying to con you into voting for them

How can you tell when a politician is telling lies? It's easy, their lips move ;)
That is a very good point. However, G.J. was the governor of New Mexico for 2 terms, and didn't have to bs anybody to get elected AND re-elected, and is a proven friend of gambling, already having fought for gambling rights for New Mexico.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hopefully, this is not what he is running on as a platform.
In Minnesota it is hilarious. We have a former governor Tim Pawlenty who was one of the top 4 favorites coming out of the gate running for Prez, and now a Michelle Bachmann announced she is running and she is from Minnesota. She has left him in the dust as far as polls are concerned. They say she is at 22 percent to Tim Pawlenty's 6 percent in a national poll.

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Minnesota it is hilarious. We have a former governor Tim Pawlenty who was one of the top 4 favorites coming out of the gate running for Prez, and now a Michelle Bachmann announced she is running and she is from Minnesota. She has left him in the dust as far as polls are concerned. They say she is at 22 percent to Tim Pawlenty's 6 percent in a national poll.
That IS ridiculous. However, G.J. is running off of the great job he did in New Mexico. Ending the unwinnable and expensive drug war, and legalizing online poker, are just a couple of his goals.

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know this is a poker forum but i have to spill on the subject. Marijuana should be legal. no reason to give criminals money to do what they please with when the stuff is practically free to grow. I used to have to buy my weed from shady character; sometimes getting ripped. Now thanks to the medical card i can purchase legally and safely plus lots of qualitys and quantities to choose from. The money also goes towards a good cuase and I pay some taxes to my government. Some people consider it a gate way drug thats becuase people need to stop classifieng it as a hard drug. Its actully very soft compared to alcohol and all natural. Marijuana was a gift from god and nobody can stop it.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I hope it's hilarious because she doesn't know who Paul Revere is, or mixes up John Wayne the movie star with John Wayne Gacy the serial killer.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope it's hilarious because she doesn't know who Paul Revere is, or mixes up John Wayne the movie star with John Wayne Gacy the serial killer.
Yea, because people never mis-speak when they are talking and know they are getting national attention...

When Obama was running, he said he had already visited 57 states and had one more to go to. Are you telling me that this means that he absolutely doesn't know how many states there really are because he mis-spoke?!?!?

It doesn't matter who you are as a person, when you have the media picking apart every syllable of every speech that you give, everyone is going to have a hiccup.