Why do you like your poker room?

smells_flushy

smells_flushy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I currently play on bodog. I'm about to deposit into another poker website. That is why I am creating this thread, to hear the pros and cons of different poker rooms.

Yes, I can check out each of those links found at the top of CC, but I'd like to hear it from its users.

So what is it about your favourite poker software that you like so much?

I'm on bodog, so I can say that bodog has:

1. a user-friendly interface.
2. Guarenteed freerolls daily.

That's about it.

K4Lic0

K4Lic0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a pokerstars player and I enjoy it very much. Plenty of people, good software, and the tournaments are everything you could want.

The funny thing is, I was thinking about depositing into Bodog.

pkrbank

pkrbank

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play cash games at FT mostly for the animated effects seems the players are the same anywhere I go. I do seem to have more luck on stars sngs.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FT = retarded avatars (yes I know, and I do turn them off)

I do gotta admit for the time I played FT I didn't mind it as much as I originally though, but Stars is still my home.

Big MTTs, always users playing, nice interface, VERY easy to switch through themes, etc.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ftp is my favorite because i can actually win money and not just lose it all like on other sites

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
costadelpoker.com does it for me, but unfortunately it doesnt allow US players.
But anyway, it has lots of freerolls, americana, solko, telesina, and most of the players on the site are from sweden/finland/norway etc, with seemingly endless amounts of money to throw away.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FT = retarded avatars (yes I know, and I do turn them off)

A lot of them are frankly bizarre - but i keep them on as i like the sight of my constant grinning gnome.

He looks a little freaky - is he just happy or a crazed gnome after your chips lol :D

B

buckit0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stars because ftp doesnt seem to want to work at all at the moment for me. Oh the joy of disconnection every 2 minutes >< but if I had them both working I enjoy Stars more anyway and I don't really have much of a reason other then it's so easy to use to help me get my game better so I can play bigger and better tourny's which are always on offer.

B

bocasas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually plays at 4champs (boss media soft)
Friendly user interface.
Daily freeroll
Players are not too good
Many options while playing multitable (raise 1, raise pot, call, call any, ect)

mixmaster_matt

mixmaster_matt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like PS because they have great customer service, there are a million tourneys to play in a day, the sng's fill very quickly, and I don't feel like I am looking at a cartoon while I am playing (ala FT). I like the basic look of it and the gameplay in the medium to higher levels is a lot better than the other sites imo. Lower limits, (~6 and lower sngs) are usually straight donkfests with exceptions to certain players. But the majority just push and push, and I know b/c I used to be one of those..

M

muddawgg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why do you like your poker room

I started on poker stars . they have smaller cash games 1 and 2 cent blinds. I have had better luck at full tilt.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolute Poker for me. I've given all the others long periods of play but I keep on coming back there. I like everything about the site from your own avatars to the table play. The amount of fish there is incredible.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stars: most users, most tournaments, affordable deepstack tourneys ($10 on weekends).

FT: micro stakes Pot Limit games going all the time-- try finding a $10PLHE game anywhere else...

UB: best SNG structure. Lots of freerolls. Micro-stakes (0.50 +0.05 sngs).

AP: tons of changeable table skins. Rake too high on lower buy in tournaments (20%!).

Bodog: beginner sngs (top five get paid). Can't use pokertracker.

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like my poker room because it has the best tournament structure in town and because the poker room manager, Mooskie, carries around a Sponge Bob Squarepants bat.

Oh, you mean online poker rooms? :) Stars for the NLHE and HORSE SNGs, Full Tilt for the razz cash games, and Bodog for the large number of relatively clueless players.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ignoring everything else, and only regarding the creature comforts of the table, which include relative reliability, I prefer Full Tilt. I have been playing more lately at Poker Stars only because I want to win a freeroll and build a bankroll there.
Bodog's only redeeming features to me are that it is seemingly the fastest site, and they do have bigger freerolls.

The table experience at PS is just not quite as pleasant as it is at FT.

Again, I am ignoring all the player and card peculiarities that many might mention.