Why do they stay?

BobGrayling

BobGrayling

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every room I've ever been in and every forum I've ever been on, I hear the same complaints:

1. It's rigged
2. The software sucks
3. The site is full of donks

If they hate it so much, why do they stay???

Granted, a lot of people with that attitude are easy money. But, frankly, I can do without the negative energy! And, if the payout for an mtt isn't based on the number of entries, I'd rather play against 200 people rather than 400. LOL

I see the same people every day and all they do is gripe about the same stuff.

Okay... I've had MY gripe now! :D

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Every room I've ever been in and every forum I've ever been on, I hear the same complaints:

1. It's rigged
2. The software sucks
3. The site is full of donks

If they hate it so much, why do they stay???

Granted, a lot of people with that attitude are easy money. But, frankly, I can do without the negative energy! And, if the payout for an mtt isn't based on the number of entries, I'd rather play against 200 people rather than 400. LOL

I see the same people every day and all they do is gripe about the same stuff.

Okay... I've had MY gripe now! :D

I rolled my eyes the other day when I seen someone say I hate this site, people just like to moan. I love to play on a site full of donks, I want their chippies :)

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes, I forgot that one. I always want to ask "Then why do I see you here EVERY DAY???"

Actually, I guess I have asked that before :p

I only ever think "then why do you play here?" I don't actually want to start a conversation with them, they will probably bore me with their constant whining :D

Juanes1913

Juanes1913

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think lots of players in all the planet wants to play poker for a living and that's the reason they still playing poker in "rigged rooms" with "bunch of donkeys" and almost never give up. They want to chase their dreams and this is because they want to be like those guys seen on tv... Millionaires with an apparently "easy life".

E

euchreob

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the things that I used to hear all the time when I was playing at the lowest stakes possible " I just made a withdrawal. Now Im losing. This site is rigged. I was doing well before the withdrawal. They don't want you to withdrawal. etc."

Haven't heard anything like this in about a year since I moved up a level or two. Anybody understand why?

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
One of the things that I used to hear all the time when I was playing at the lowest stakes possible " I just made a withdrawal. Now Im losing. This site is rigged. I was doing well before the withdrawal. They don't want you to withdrawal. etc."

Haven't heard anything like this in about a year since I moved up a level or two. Anybody understand why?

Because there are way too many bad players in the lower limits who think they are better than they actually are, and if they lose then the site is rigged not that they suck at poker.

Juanes1913

Juanes1913

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because there are way too many bad players in the lower limits who think they are better than they actually are, and if they lose then the site is rigged not that they suck at poker.

That's true :p

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well i would like to know how pokerstars RNG works. I dont know if pokerstars or any other pokersites are rigged or not however i really think pokerstars should do more to prove that their RNG software is 100% random. Like being audited by an independant company not just cigital

Ducbim

Ducbim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is till a form of gambling and people are easily addictive to the game, even they doubt the integrity of the site :\

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
im one of them that SCREAM rigged and I know its rng run but I am just taking out frustrations of loosing hand and so are the rest of them so we come back to try again and cry some more

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the same reason fans root for the Cubs ever year.

E

euchreob

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not to change the subject. But are the cubs rigged/

M

mcbogart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There will always be whiners that complain about it being rigged. These are the same people not complaining about the rigged site when they win the 20 v 80's

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im one of them that SCREAM rigged and I know its rng run but I am just taking out frustrations of loosing hand and so are the rest of them so we come back to try again and cry some more

Haha I do this sometimes too. I know it's not rigged and know it's RNG but i've actually found doing this can sometimes tilt the other player(s). So then they think I'm tilting and/or really bad and either get distracted yelling/making fun of me or just start getting aggressive so I can easy trap them.

And sometimes it helps me blow off steam and let that hand go quick. But I was pleased to find as I matured and learned the game that I handled my tilt and know when I yell "***ing r!igg@D" that it tilts at least one other player lol.

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bet alot of these complainers complain about everything in their lives, it's a habit of being negative. Everybody gets a bad beat sometimes but I just say, "That's Poker" LOL !!

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think one reason a lot of people stay is because they have a net loss overall, and to quit the site would mean that the loss is going to be locked in forever. As long as they keep playing, there's a possibility that they can get those losses back.

There is a parallel to this in the stock market, this is why many people will cling to a stock that starts tanking right after they buy it and ride it all the way to the bottom instead of dumping it ASAP and limiting their losses.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
not to change the subject. But are the cubs rigged/

When I saw you quote euchreob I thought to myself that just explains my thoughts on this. - I'm sure the cubs must have won something, sometime?

Some people are just not happy unless they are moaning, (I should know I live with one!!!).

The rest wish to complain and complain and continue to lose money to prove their point and to be honest I am glad that they do. I often see the same people like you and I have said if they don't like it "just go!", or words to that effect. Then they get abusive and say how they are owed whatever amount! And I don't know anything about poker etc etc..........I used to get wound up like that but now I have learn't one lesson from this.

When you see someone complaining about a bad beat or how the site is rigged, that's when I say "why don't you leave then?" Keep it clean and nice and don't swear, as the response will often be abusive. Then let then rant, rave or whatever and then you play solid poker and watch the result and say thank you when they go out, (of a tourney), or reload their chips because they have gone skint. It's fun when it happens, you'll enjoy it I'm sure. Gl in the future :D:D:D

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you are not satisfied? Let complain. They may be for this and lose their money.? :)

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a lot of fun these people.Usually whine fish gamers, and on such a whining, I immediately know with whom I will knock chips

E

euchreob

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have such a hard time telling people to just leave, especially if they're a fish :). I normally argue with them in hopes of keeping them playing continuously.

BUT I believe my attempts are futile. First I never win any arguments because the other player always knows, and cards don't fall like that live. Well I've played a lot of live, let me tell the cards can fall bad for you there too. Second the other player is going to continue to play no matter what I say

G

Gtcsmd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You forgot to add 4. It's full of bots. I see this complaint more than anything. Apparently lots of people think the sites use bots to take peoples money which makes no sense to me at all. They have a rake and tourney fees that do that pretty easily enough all ready lol.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips

Are you outing me Sarah. :(