White House Petition

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a message on the site now saying they are currently undergoing maintenance.

TAC91

TAC91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dang. I'm getting the same thing right now so yeah it's under maintenance to who ever is trying to get on there. ^^^^page not found

Just try it later, I guess, when it comes back.

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Site is currently active. Better hurry before it goes haywire again

MidyMat

MidyMat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sign a petition over the internet?........sounds like it could be abused real easy

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Legalize and regulate marijuana in a manner similar to alcohol" has already reached it's goal the first day. Hope poker players are as pro-active.

If a petition gets 5,000 signatures within 30 days, it will go into a queue for the Administration to review and respond. We will do our best to respond to petitions that meet this threshold in a timely manner, but it may take a few weeks to issue an official response. All responses will be posted in this section of the We the People platform, and if you signed a petition that we respond to, you'll get an email from the White House to with the response.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone should definitely take the time to do this. I am skeptical of 99% of internet petitions but this one is pretty much guaranteed to get seen by the people in power.

As much as I and most of us distrust the political figures, we have to try and make our voices heard.

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"U.S. regulation of this global industry"

Really? It may come as surprise, but in the rest of the world people may not always see the US as our natural leaders.
It seems that most of the online poker problems we've had to deal with have been caused by the US position.

If this does if this go through and online poker is legitimized, maybe the US market is big enough to force the existing sites to comply with your rules, but remember, many online poker sites had already decided the US was too difficult to handle even before BF.
Isn't there a danger that you may find your self playing to your rules on US only, government controlled sites

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Really? It may come as surprise, but in the rest of the world people may not always see the US as our natural leaders.
It seems that most of the online poker problems we've had to deal with have been caused by the US position.

If this does if this go through and online poker is legitimized, maybe the US market is big enough to force the existing sites to comply with your rules, but remember, many online poker sites had already decided the US was too difficult to handle even before BF.
Isn't there a danger that you may find your self playing to your rules on US only, government controlled sites

You are mis-reading that. It is requesting regulation for poker in the U.S., and simply stating that poker is a global industry. Not global regulation.

Difficult because of the UIGEA which was passed in 2006--that's when entities like Party left the US market. BF was a result of the UIGEA.

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are mis-reading that. It is requesting regulation for poker in the U.S., and simply stating that poker is a global industry. Not global regulation.

Difficult because of the UIGEA which was passed in 2006--that's when entities like Party left the US market. BF was a result of the UIGEA.

Oh sorry, my bad :eek:
lines like this misled me

"Appropriate regulation of online poker will put the U.S. in charge of safeguarding responsible adult players, prevent underage participation and protect those with excessive gaming habits"

the bolded part seems unnecessary and could have been omitted if it wasn't intended

np , good luck with it :)

JamesDaBear

JamesDaBear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh sorry, my bad :eek:
lines like this misled me

"Appropriate regulation of online poker will put the U.S. in charge of safeguarding responsible adult players, prevent underage participation and protect those with excessive gaming habits"

the bolded part seems unnecessary and could have been omitted if it wasn't intended

np , good luck with it :)

The rest of the world certainly isn't helping us out. How many global poker sites have US players just been shut out of?

The U.S. does need to get in charge of safeguarding responsible adult players... as it pertains to U.S. players. "The world" hasn't helped us one bit. We need our U.S. government... all the way up to the White House... fighting for our rights, not against them. That is what this petition is all about.

JamesDaBear

JamesDaBear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Better than not playing at all.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better than not playing at all.

This.

In a perfect world I would like the situation that existed before 2006. However, at this point I will take playing Ceasar's.com or whatever.

I want to be able to withdraw 100 bucks on Friday and have it in my account take my wife out to dinner on a Saturday. No, 2 month delays and weird checks.

I want to tell people I play online poker and not have to give a 5 minute explanation about legalities, grey areas and Black Friday.

I would like to know that if a site collapses with my money on it I will have recourse through the legal system.

I will accept govt. oversight in exchange for a normalized playing environment.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The rest of the world certainly isn't helping us out. How many global poker sites have US players just been shut out of?

Wake up!!!! Why do you think global poker sites are shutting you out?

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This.

In a perfect world I would like the situation that existed before 2006.

The good old days. Moving money around with neteller, playing any site, easy deposits and withdrawals. Hard to believe it all went to hell thanks to Frist and Kyl and their moronic hypocritical bs.

We are getting there:

Attachments

• wh petition.jpg
    wh petition.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried too help out. Wouldnt let me

L

LastLife

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to all who voted. We are over 6k now. Even though we have hit our mark, we should continue to spread this petition to get as many as possible.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice 6k is good to know about! Thank God for facebook and twitter :D