Status
Not open for further replies.
counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found that there is no decency when it comes the names players actually choose to use online and I am going to be decent enough to not list them. Today I am having to battle jesuschristdivine for a tournament leaderboard that ends tonight and I guess praying all day that he chokes isn't going to help me. He shouldn't be allowed to complete. What do you think, should someone be screening these names? Is there anything that is not ok?

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I see nothing wrong with it.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you do not understand the meaning of your concern? each choose the name you want ..

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen some semi-offensive names before - this just isn't one of them. ;)

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you're allowing other people's table names to tilt you then it's time to step back and take a deep breath. This is hardly anything to worry about.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is genuinely something that you worry about, please join my tables.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol

Used to play with this person on tilt named Hugh Jassole.
Pretty good guy :D

names really dont bother me. Hell mine is play poker 4 food. I eat once every other week! :eek:

XeiLioN

XeiLioN

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In all honesty, if a player's screen name is doing something that is hitting you on an emotional level, then you probably shouldn't be sitting down at the table in the first place, because it's putting you in a negative emotional state, which eventually leads to quicker tilt. Nobody like tilt.

Whether you want to believe it or not, psychology plays a big part in a player's screen name selection. Just do a quick google search on "Poker Screen Name Selection", and you can understand a bit more for yourself. :)

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Religion is make believe, just like the Easter Bunny.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Never play the name, or the avatar just play the player.

J

jojowins

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see anything wrong with it either. what about it offends you? what do you believe it means??

also, you are a sensitive person, gotta have a thick skin to play poker. they call me a donk all the time because if possible I am gonna see a flop even with 37 because all cards are good until the flop hits!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brokenlung911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well that's very mild i think there's a lot worse than that think you are mad because you think he might be getting a little extra help huh lol

S

Superman2102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally don't think anything is wrong with it. If people are really getting distracted by your name than more power to you! You just got yourself a little edge !

S

Sohmurr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the site, they probably have username restrictions. But these restrictions are usually geared towards prohibiting expletives, harassment, or derogatory usernames. I personally don't see a problem with the username you referenced (and I'm not particularly religious), but if you see one and it violates whatever restrictions the site may have placed on usernames (if any), I'm sure they have a support email address you could petition.

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously?

The post is a joke, as go the "fashion police" go the "name police". There is no such thing. I am asking what you think about the explitive filled names on all the sites. I personally don't care what people call themselves. As I said the names are indecent and I wont repeat them, because it's not allowed on this site...lol.. I am not a bible thumper and I find it hilarious that someone would choose to call themselves Jesus Christ. The fact is I competed against Jesus all day, Praying not doing me any good is a joke... I haven't said a prayer in years. This post was like the old game operator. The first person didn't get it and took things the wrong way and the rest of you followed in suit..Who came up with distracted? I don't get distracted, I find it entertaining... Too f *****ing funny...If Jesus is your Man I am sorry if I have offended you.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have seen some semi-offensive names before - this just isn't one of them. ;)

Have been considering reporting my concerns regarding the use of the name "Counts24" for some time now. Based on what Wikipedia has to say I really wonder if allowing this sends the right message. Granted it's not as bad as say, Lookatmybearpaws, but still? On the other hand, you seem to make the proper decision regarding these things more often than not, so, nevermind.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think counts has a few issues.

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No problems here...

Have been considering reporting my concerns regarding the use of the name "Counts24" for some time now. Based on what Wikipedia has to say I really wonder if allowing this sends the right message. Granted it's not as bad as say, Lookatmybearpaws, but still? On the other hand, you seem to make the proper decision regarding these things more often than not, so, nevermind.
If you got counts banned it could definitely cause me a few problems being that it's my last name not my screen name. Thanks, a sense of humor even.

pokertroll

pokertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing online poker since 2003 and have seen worse screen names than yours.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should do some rethinking on your game if screen names tilt you

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If online screen names bother you that much, than you might be better off taking a cold hard look at your own issues, and maybe consider that poker isn't a game for you, if you're that sensitive.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its funny how some people dont give a name much thought because most of the time that will be the name you will always have for the particular site.

Status
Not open for further replies.