When to move to higher games?

MissJoice

MissJoice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing the low stakes sng games and starting to be consistent at getting in the money and even winning some. How long should I wait before I move up to higher stake tables? I mainly play single or 3 table sng games as I do not have the concentration for long multi table games and need to work on that aspect of my game also.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing the low stakes sng games and starting to be consistent at getting in the money and even winning some. How long should I wait before I move up to higher stake tables? I mainly play single or 3 table sng games as I do not have the concentration for long multi table games and need to work on that aspect of my game also.

The question to ask before you do this is - do you have the requisite bankroll to move up? If not then continue at your current stakes until you do. If you do and you're confident you can take te next step then give it a go but be prepred to drop back down again if you start losing and/or your bankroll dictates that you need to.

Plenty of threads on here about good bankroll management but I'd reckon you should have at least 50 BI's to move up.

josephs333

josephs333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's alot about your bankroll, it sounds like you have the experience and if you have the money backing, go for it!!

Top 10 Games