What's the smallest limits you know of anyone who has achieved supernova or SNE?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The title says it all really,

what is the smallest limit of cash game poker you have seen someone achieve these statues on pokerstars? 300nl? What sort of grind is needed and so on?

I read someone achieved SNE playing 200nl lol. this must of been one sick long grind and I dunno if it's true. I don't even know the players name!

X

Xeozim

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pokerstars website has a table detailing estimated number of hands to play to reach the status for each limit, up to 2.5 million hands at a 9-seat 0.02/0.05 nl game

Multi-tabling (like 8 or 9 at a time) using applications like TableNinja make it possible to play many games simultaneously, which can allow you to play much smaller limits but earn the same FFPs. This is how I imagine most of the less wealthy Supernovas achieve it.

I don't know any supernovas personally, so I can't really do more than guess, but i'm planning to give multi-tabling a go for a few weeks to see how it goes.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 0.05/0.10 PLO on PS and there is a Russian player who is a Supernova and I have often wondered how he could get there playing such small stakes, even if I play 8 tables at a time, which is about my limit, I can only make 30-40 points an hour so he must be playing all day every day to get there

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is achieving supernova worth the time, i.e you have to commit most of your time to it, is life not a little bit more important than a poker status?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
is achieving supernova worth the time, i.e you have to commit most of your time to it, is life not a little bit more important than a poker status?
Pretty sure it's not about 'status'

Attachments

• supernova.gif
    supernova.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 80
X

Xeozim

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah the rewards at PS for achieving Supernova are pretty good, especially as you can convert FFP's to cash, and you accumulate them at such a rapid rate. They also make it more rewarding to stay Supernova when you get there.

I agree if you have another job then certainly getting there with low stakes is going to sap a lot of your time, but if you get all your money through poker (as I imagine most of supernovas do) and can afford to put in a solid number of hours every day multi-tabling, you can probably do it with relatively low stakes.

The guy who was going for the world record for VPP's got supernova in what? A few weeks? Not sure what stakes he was playing, and obviously its a pretty extreme example, but over the course of a year it seems pretty achievable.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was someone I seen on another forum had a 37hr per week job, and still was SNE on stars, Black card on FTP and the equivalent on another network

X

Xeozim

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was someone I seen on another forum had a 37hr per week job, and still was SNE on stars, Black card on FTP and the equivalent on another network

Wow, presumably quite a high roller then?

Ballack

Ballack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i heard of one supernova member, that he's able to change his VIP points and he would receive a Porsche (an very expensive car)
a saw him playing the 25/50 stakes

X

Xeozim

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a true grinder i think, plays around 600 or 1000NL

Too high for me anyway ;)

The Porsche is like 3 million fpps or something like that, but most people seem to prefer the cash you can get for that much, only 5 claimed so far!

Edit: Just done the maths and you get $48k for 3 million fpps, which is pretty much the same as the basic porsche

Last edited:
WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can make it playing 100NL if you 24 table. I know someone who made it with full time job and family, but dedicated himself to getting Supernova Elite. Course the guy is very good on low amount of sleep :)

Easier to make it playing Turbo SNGs at 27 level or above

Easier to make it playing above 5/10 LHE

Last edited:
Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are quite a few sne's who play 100nl, there has been a couple who have played a lot of 50nl but mixed in some 100nl later in the year and made it.

200nl seems to be the griders limit of choice as you get approx 0.5 vpps/hands so like 2mill hands per year.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This week playing a 25c MTT was surprise to see a supernova there, i mean game not even have rake, why a supernova will like to be playing those donkament?.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This week playing a 25c MTT was surprise to see a supernova there, i mean game not even have rake, why a supernova will like to be playing those donkament?.
I used to see that one MTT reg. playing in all the low buyin MTT's.... babykraut or 'kraut'... something like that. Am guessing it was for pts. on leaderboard.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What exactly do you mean PO, it says in the second paragraph of your attached image, supernova 'status', i dont know waht you mean:confused:
I mean > they're not doing it for a 'title' (ie. "hey everyone, look at me I'm supernova). They're doing it because of the financial benefits.