Whats with the bad beats?

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was deep in a tourney on pokerstars and had around 200k in chips when i flopped trips i have 88 flop (285) two hearts. Guy with around half my stack bets I raise, he shoves I call he has 6 10 of Hearts, turn blank and river a heart. Few hands later i pick up AA i Raise around 6xs the bb and a guy shoves, I cal he has kj of spades and turns the flush! So am I doing something wrong or is it just online poker?

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not just online poker, its poker.
Like every poker player you just had to accept that bad beats happen, the fact you suffer bad beats means you are getting your money in good, which is all you can do, the rest is up to the poker gods, there is nothing you can do.
In the end if you get your money in good you will be a winner, once you have had a bad beat either forget it or take a break, doesnt matter how much you analyse the hand or curse your luck the hand is gone. The more poker you play the more bad beats you will suffer.
I used to go on dreafull tilts after a bad beat and end up losing 10 times what I lose in the bad beat, these days I just shrug my shoulders and say " oh well, it happens."
Its hard to do but one a hand is gone its gone, move on, and good luck :D

otari

otari

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My tip is to utilize bankroll management so when you catch a bad beat, it's not a big dent in your bankroll, then you shouldn't get too tilted. Because if you only have $20 dollar and get blow it on a bad beat, then you will be furious. But that's poker, it's can make or break you.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Incredible! Are you meaning to say that a 1/4 shot came through and then right after that a 1/5 shot came through??? I am pretty sure that this has never happened before in the history of poker! I have played over 6 million hands online. I can't remember ever taking 2 bad beats in a row. I would raise hell if I were you!