What are the most legendary poker hands?

CistaCista

CistaCista

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am thinking about making a webpage/blog celebrating the most legendary poker hands in history. The idea would be that people could then vote on the hands and they could be ranked.
The hands could be both the most important hands, like wsop finals, or just crazy hands from televised tournaments.

I don’t know if something like this already exists, I’ll be looking into it.

But the question is: what are YOUR favorite hands from the poker world?

Here are some of mine (I don’t know much poker history actually):

WSOP 2003 final table Chris Moneymaker bluffs Sam Farha
YouTube - Chris Moneymaker VS Sam Farha WSOP 2003 Best Bluff

WSOP 2002 (2003?) Scotty Nguyen bluffs Humberto Brenes
YouTube - Insane Poker Bluff

WSOP 2008 quad aces vs RF:
YouTube - WSOP 2008 Main Event - Royal Flush vs. Quad Aces

Mike Sexton calls Mike Matusow’s bluff in Poker After Dark (?)
YouTube - Mike Sexton makes sick call against Matusow

And a real gem, my personal favorite of all hands: 96-year-old Jack Ury horribly slowplays the better house in WSOP 2009:
YouTube - WSOP 2009 Main Event - Jack Ury is back!!!
“You’re in trouble!” lmao

EDIT: wow I didn't know that the video links would be embedded like that. My apologies if this is a problem.

Last edited:
Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stu Ungar

During the 1992 World Series of Poker, Ungar faced off against Mansour Matloubi in a series of $50,000 buy-in no limit hold'em heads-up freezeout events. On the final hand of the game, Matloubi tried to bluff Ungar all-in for $32,000 on the river with a board of 3-3-7-K-Q. Ungar, who held 10-9, thought for a few seconds and said to Matloubi, "You have 4-5 or 5-6 so I'm gonna call you with this" and flipped over his 10-high to win the pot and bust Matloubi, who in fact held exactly what Ungar said he did.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stu_Ungar#cite_note-15

CistaCista

CistaCista

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah! I have seen that hand, I wanted to include this and also when Stu Ungar won his final WSOP title.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The huge hand where it's Ivey vs Durrr vs PA and Ivey and Durr go heads up and its all in on a board of 345 with one of them having A2 and the other 67

CistaCista

CistaCista

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The huge hand where it's Ivey vs Durrr vs PA and Ivey and Durr go heads up and its all in on a board of 345 with one of them having A2 and the other 67
Was that online or live poker?

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
live, just google it its insane

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Its not that great a hand.

There is a lot of money involved, but it is the nuts vs the second nuts with 2 very loose players who are capable of bluffing in this situation.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
doyle's 10-2 to win the twice has to be up there...

i dont have the link but youtube it, when durrr bluffs a 410k pot with 72 and scoops the 10k 72 prop bet

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loved the observer chat on Thunders Video. Somebody says "Is this play money or real money" :)

C

cazique

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
High Stakes Poker Season 6. Dwan 3-barreled Ivey with 9-high.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
High Stakes Poker Jamie Gold vs Sammie Farha

Jamie KK
Sammie AA

But Jamie whines so much that Sammie gets spooked and dosent get him All In, instead he checks back the river.

Not an amazing hand in itself, but Sammie tries to make out that he was letting Jamie off the hook so he could bleed him again and again.

After Jamie leaves the table, Doyal Brunson says "what did you think he had? If he had TT he would have bet it himself"

Sammie again says he was going easy on Jamie so he could play him again and again.

Doyle Replies "Why? Are you sleeping with the fellow?"

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scotty Nguyen's... "You call and it's all over baby."

C

cazique

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ivey should be the hero in that one. It was a remarkable play by both
Exactly, that's why it is legendary. Would have been more epic had Ivey managed to level himself into calling. So close!

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the hand where that_pope bet kk into nwerle's trup qq

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya somebody already said that one. I think that just the fact that he was thinking about calling makes it legendary imo

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
* Guy Laliberte vs. David Bennyamine - 1.2 million dollar pot, Bennyamine let off the hook by Laliberte as a 2:1 underdog.

YouTube - Biggest Poker Pots #006 - Guy LaLiberte vs David Benyamine - Kd5d vs Ac8c

This was a bad read by Bennyamine. The poker here wasn't particularly good, but it was still an interesting hand in illustrating bankroll disparity and showing how little one of the biggest pots in poker can be to a person with almost unlimited resources. To Guy Laliberte, a 1.2 million dollar pot is like playing the micros for many of us. It is just a tiny fraction of the bankroll that Laliberte can represent, whereas it is likely a fairly significant portion of Bennyamine's. As Doyle said when the proposition was made: "This (pot) represents one day in his life, and it represents your life".

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW! That is pretty awful. Now THAT is some unlucky variance at play.

I'll bet Antonius wished he hadn't said "good luck" before the cards ran.

Hordling

Hordling

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That last one is pretty sick. LOL.

no more running it twice or 4 times... :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands