What changed?

Jollocks

Jollocks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, First of all I'm 18 so I wasn't playing poker when black friday occured. However, I'm interested in knowing what changed in the black friday thing? What did the legislation do to american online poker?

pokertroll

pokertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Insider Breakdown Of Poker's Black Friday

Darren Rovell | @darrenrovell
Monday, 18 Apr 2011 | 3:06 PM ETCNBC.com

On Friday, the owners of the biggest online poker sites, pokerstars, full tilt poker and Absolute Poker, were arrested and the sites were shutdown in the United States after the FBI alleged that the sites laundered money and defrauded banks to get around gambling laws.

36275902-online_gambling_200.530x298.jpg

J

JLuv81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, First of all I'm 18 so I wasn't playing poker when black friday occured. However, I'm interested in knowing what changed in the black friday thing? What did the legislation do to american online poker?

You have a lot of reading to do. Just use google and you'll find what you need on forums, articles and such.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't speak first hand as to what it did to American online poker (though "just about killed it" seems accurate), but as far as the rest of the world goes it's meant a huge decline in action and traffic.

Used to be you could log in pretty much any time of the day or night and the major sites (Stars, Tilt) would have loads of games running at pretty much all stakes. STTs were my regular game around the time of Black Friday, and I pretty much never needed to wait more than a minute for one to fill. After Black Friday, I'd be waiting ages, some games wouldn't fill at all. Even now there's often only a few cash game tables running at stakes where before Black Friday there would have been dozens up.

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Major cliff Notes
Absolute Poker, Ultimate Bet, Full Tilt, and Pokerstars all removed from the U.S. Now we have scraps left, but sites like Bovada have grown because of it.

Jollocks

Jollocks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Major cliff Notes
Absolute Poker, Ultimate Bet, Full Tilt, and Pokerstars all removed from the U.S. Now we have scraps left, but sites like Bovada have grown because of it.

I knew that large poker sites have shut to us players. However, Why are some sites like bovada, black chip, full flush and carbon allowed to stay open to the us where full tilt, stars etc isnt?

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't speak first hand as to what it did to American online poker (though "just about killed it" seems accurate), but as far as the rest of the world goes it's meant a huge decline in action and traffic.

Used to be you could log in pretty much any time of the day or night and the major sites (Stars, Tilt) would have loads of games running at pretty much all stakes. STTs were my regular game around the time of Black Friday, and I pretty much never needed to wait more than a minute for one to fill. After Black Friday, I'd be waiting ages, some games wouldn't fill at all. Even now there's often only a few cash game tables running at stakes where before Black Friday there would have been dozens up.

All of this sounds pretty much like how it was/is.............