What Bothers You the Most When Playing?

C

cogath

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What bothers is players who stall the game and using the timer for nothing

I see a lot of people mention this one. I used to do this all the time! It seems to make sense in a MTT where you are just happy to make it to the money. I do it less now but even still I tend to slow down approaching the bubble.

Mark Gavr

Mark Gavr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
low speed internet connection is I think the worst thing that can be

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Making a mistake / bad play

and this

What bothers me most is when I get pocket Aces and while waiting for my turn to act and I desperately need to crap.

21sam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I pluck up my spirit, get in real money tournaments (after not bad playing in freerolls) and begin to lose 5 or more matches in a row. Like I'm the most idiot from the street not knowing the rules.

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
loosing right before the bubble or calling a huge bet you knew you should'nt had.
Also bluffing away a lot of my chips because of ego *sigh

whowantwhat

whowantwhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the personality of a successful poker player?

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/en/blog/2015/the-personality-of-a-successful-poker-pl-153977.shtml

Reasearchers talked to 17 professional poker players and had them take the a personality test in the hopes of finding any insight into how they became so successful in the game.

This is what they found:

Poker-player-personality-traits-final-EN.jpg

Do you agree? And how do you compare?

R

rcspokertable

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, but I don't think all of professional poker players own extraversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, neurotisism and openness. Plus they must have many years experience on poker games :D

J

jimmy62

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the perfect poker personality is everything Helmuth,Matusow type players arent,loudmouths.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know its not Poker, but my Children make it hard to play, so I tend not too while they are home.

At the Tables. I really dislike Early All-In players or players that just shove anything.

N

Nerman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At the tables I hate hate hate those players that are taking too much time to react
However, I hate when someone come in my room when I am playing poker, just can't concentrate

jayyy27

jayyy27

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate players who keep shoving over and over again. They ruin the game for people. Also I hate when people try to talk trash there is no room for that in this game.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That really doesn't tell us much apart from they are "sorted" in their approach to the game.

I think people skills is a big attribute to have.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing live I hate when someone says, "I knew you had it". And yet they still called them down to the river.

L

lukeellul92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In live games, all in shove matches preflop.

People who cant comprehend NO PHONES AT THE TABLE (rules of my poker room here at Crown Perth)

V

velikalivada

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No move can annoy me as moms call for eat..over and louder again..force comeback usualy looks like..game over!

T

tondercard 0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo pienso que la mayoría de jugadores pro son personas estudiadas y con un alto autoestima. Pero no debe de faltar alguno que no sea humilde es todo lo que pienso.

N

Nerman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the perfect poker personality is everything Helmuth,Matusow type players arent,loudmouths.

Yea, but how do you explain Hellmuth's succes and all those bracelets ?

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but if you play poker as those players who gamble with eventually always lose no quew play. instead the sparsely playing poker with the reasoning by calculating all the moves eventually ends up winning, you just have to have a little patience.

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My mistakes annoy me, but are a source of joy for others. :)

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Irritates me moving in 2 out, and accordingly my status later((

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my bothers me ? .. annoys me when there are players who seem to play and do not care to be all in with any hand, there vece to use the time because I prefer get cashed , so at least be able back to me with the entrance to start again .
Sometimes you make mistakes and who is not to blame , look and look guilty and I get very angry . Other times not differentiate if the opponents are lucky or just me I do things wrong.

EKOTREN

EKOTREN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How about the young immature players who curse all to hell when they lose a hand ..... maybe they are really 12 year olds posing as adults to gamble online. Unsure, and 2nd when im reading the odds and i go to checkmark a box IE: Fold/Check and as i go to check that box, it pops up my turn and that box ends up turning into BET/RAISE and i end up placing 2x the amount of chips on the table and all in all losing.

21sam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mistakes. Bad connection. When someone is drawing the time to hit the prizes.

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The speed of online poker in general, everything seems so short-stacked, most of the time as well.. deepstack tournaments feel few and far between.

It's constantly just all-in poker, most places..

alittlepoker

alittlepoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well for me its lousing to bad played hands not that i haven't done it as well but what is worse players arguing at the tables if im in a cash game i stand up and leave and of course the all ins all the time by the same player .