18th December 2010, 7:15 PM
VP Pappy's Poker Player's Anonymous or the PPA
VP Pappy’s Poker Players Anonymous(similar to Alcoholics Anonymous)
Take this 20 question test to see if you have a problem. 1. Have you ever lost time from work because of poker?
2. Has poker ever made your home life unhappy?
3. Has poker affected your reputation?
4. Have you ever felt remorse after playing poker?
5. Have you ever played poker to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
6. Has poker caused a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
7. After losing, have you felt you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
8. After a win, have you had a strong urge to return and win more?
9. Have you often played poker until your last dollar is gone?
10. Have you ever borrowed to finance your poker game?
11. Have you ever sold anything to finance your poker game?
12. Have you been reluctant to use “poker money” for normal expenditures?
13. Has poker made you careless of the welfare of you or your family?
14. Have you ever played poker longer than you planned?
15. Have you ever played poker to escape worry or trouble?
16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance poker?
17. Has poker caused you to have difficulty sleeping?
18. Have arguments, disappointments, or frustrations created an urge to play poker?
19. Have you ever had an urge to celebrate any good fortune with a few hours of playing poker?
20. Have you ever considered self-destruction because of poker? If you answered yes to these questions…CONGRATULATIONS! You are normal, just like the rest of us crazed poker nuts.
Terrence “VP Pappy” Murphy
“He’s a poker player who’s always helping the less skilled players. They watch him play and feel better about their own game.” –VP Pappy
“Never raise a hand to your children; slow-play the little bastards!” –VP Pappy